Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Installation issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> Tech Support >> Installation issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Installation issue - 11/24/2009 7:18:51 PM   
spindoc

I purchased the download version of the game today. About halfway through the installation I received the following message: "C:\MatrixGames\Armada2526\Art\StarMap\Dust512_03.png. A decompression error has occurred (#7). File CRC mismatch - Data integrity error." Hitting retry does nothing. Hitting ignore allows the installtion to go to completion without further problems, but I presume the program may need the one file that was not installed. Any assistance would be most appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Installation issue - 11/24/2009 7:23:05 PM   
Erik Rutins

Unfortunately, that strongly suggests that your download was corrupted as it was being downloaded. It's also possible that anti-virus software interfering with the installation could cause an error like this. I would make sure you've turned off anti-virus/security software first, then try a reinstall. If it fails in the same way, you should uninstall and delete the downloaded installer file, clear your internet cache, then go to www.findmyorder.com and get a link for a fresh download. Fortunately, file corruption like that is rare, so unless there's a problem on your end that caused it, your second download should come through fine.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to spindoc)
Post #: 2
RE: Installation issue - 11/24/2009 7:32:34 PM   
spindoc

Tried installing with anti-virus software off. No dice. Tried going to www.findmyorder.com, punched in the credit card info I used in this purchase, and was presented with a list of a number of previous purchases, but not this one. So now what? I've purchased numerous games from Matrix and never had this problem.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Installation issue - 11/24/2009 7:34:42 PM   
Erik Rutins

spindoc,

If you have your order number and password from the order you just placed, enter those into www.findmyorder.com and that should take you to the exact order. If you don't have that info, please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with your personal contact info and I'll find your order.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to spindoc)
Post #: 4
RE: Installation issue - 11/24/2009 10:54:45 PM   
spindoc

Problem solved by redownloading.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: Installation issue - 11/25/2009 9:49:05 PM   
Shawkhan

I today purchased the only two copies of this game available at the Anchorage Gamestop. Upon opening my copy(the other is for a Christmas present) I simply cannot find the serial number. Where is it? No, it is not on the CD itself (see enclosed photo) and I cannot find it anywhere else. I cannot proceed with installation obviously w/o assistance and I would like it today as I wanted to preview the game before Thanksgiving.
Thank You. 

[image][/image]

< Message edited by Shawkhan -- 11/25/2009 9:51:15 PM >

(in reply to spindoc)
Post #: 6
RE: Installation issue - 11/25/2009 10:34:06 PM   
Shawkhan

Alright, this is something new. I just found the serial number on what I thought was just a piece of advertising trash enclosed with the game and something I had tossed into the trash as a matter of course. Other people might like to know that the black piece of paper called 'Distant Worlds' actually contains the serial number printed on its back. Great idea there. Wouldn't want it on the CD itself or on the box. Cost me an hour of my life to find the foolish thing.

(in reply to Shawkhan)
Post #: 7
RE: Installation issue - 11/27/2009 8:34:34 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Shawkhan,

Yes, the reverse side of the serial card has a preview of another upcoming game on it. Sorry if that caused confusion. Thank you in any case for your purchase of Armada 2526 and we hope you enjoy it!

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 11/27/2009 8:35:51 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Shawkhan)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> Tech Support >> Installation issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI