Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/26/2009 6:15:33 AM   
freeboy

ok,I found the read me file , where is this mini manual?
Thanks guys looks great

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 61
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/26/2009 6:59:40 AM   
Walloc

Question about the new pilot rules. There were discussion joined by devs about 2 possible changes leading up to the patch. I cant see it in the read me so eithers its not in or just not stated specificly or im just blind.

1. The delay for disbanded Air units was pushed by Joe W to become 30 days out instead of the 120. Any change to that?
2. The 10% Xp loss suffered by pilots when going back from airunits into the general pool was possibly to be removed. Did that make it?

Kind regards,

Rasmus

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 62
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/26/2009 7:00:37 AM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

ok,I found the read me file , where is this mini manual?
Thanks guys looks great

Its in the documentation folder of the game.

Hope it helps,

Rasmus

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 63
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/26/2009 7:01:27 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

17. The "Terrace" base has been "moved" to a more accurate location - hex 200,41 instead of hex 200,40 - and the road and railway networks in the area changed to match

But the RCMP Terrace Base force is at 199,41...

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 64
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/26/2009 7:44:52 AM   
Anthropoid

I'm liking the new VP penalty for leaving the Indian bases ungarrisoned. Not a major smack, but enough that it compels allied player to distribute forces in a semi-realistic way. Also loving the show search arc thing. The "show all search arcs at base" button: what does that do? Is is supposed to cause all of them to show up at once, or do you still have to view each units arc individually? by opening its unit window then closing it?

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 65
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/26/2009 10:51:35 AM   
moose1999

Just finished reading the change list and mini-manuals...
Very, very impressive work, gentemen.
I love this game and it just gets better and better...

regards,

Briny

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 66
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/26/2009 11:49:26 AM   
Bahnsteig

71. Gameplay Change: Submarines less likely to be hit in deep water, more likely to be hit in ports and rivers
JUHUUUU !!! :)

Hope in shallow waters, too :D :D

(in reply to moose1999)
Post #: 67
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/26/2009 12:15:25 PM   
wdolson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

I'm liking the new VP penalty for leaving the Indian bases ungarrisoned. Not a major smack, but enough that it compels allied player to distribute forces in a semi-realistic way. Also loving the show search arc thing. The "show all search arcs at base" button: what does that do? Is is supposed to cause all of them to show up at once, or do you still have to view each units arc individually? by opening its unit window then closing it?

Show all arcs at base shows the arcs for all aircraft at that base. TFs have the same feature if there are search capable aircraft. To see all search arcs everywhere, hit the Z key.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 68
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/26/2009 3:55:29 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

Well all the code stuff happens no matter what ... all the art stuff happens no matter what ... in the area of the data changes ... you get some and you don't get others ... the true "master data" you get ... the instances of such master data you do not get. So for instance with ships, we have the ship classes and we have the ships. You get the classes without a restart, but we cannot update the ships because too many things may have happened to them "in game". So you're stuck with the ships you have until you upgrade. Once you upgrade a ship, you refer back to the class file and pull in a new, patch 02 updated (if there was an update for the class) instance of that ship. Same principle for LCUs and airgroups. The devices will be updated, the aircraft will be updated, but the LCUs will only be updated when your TOE upgrades because then you are pulling in a new TOE. So net/net you get about 80-90% immediately without restarting, the other 10-20% you only get as you continue to play, or if you restart.

That's great news Joe. Thanks a lot. Now I am happy to go with my prepared 7 Dec turn once the final patch 2 comes out. Would there be any harm to upgrade to the beta now so I can see what everyone is talking about or do you recommend I wait?

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 69
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/26/2009 3:56:55 PM   
Terminus

Your savegame will be unaffected, so I'd upgrade if it were me.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 70
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/26/2009 3:57:40 PM   
Mike Solli

Thanks T.  I'm off to download the patch now.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 71
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/26/2009 4:22:40 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

The v1.094b Public Beta, which is a candidate for the second official update for Admiral's Edition, is now available in our Members Club. The change list is quite extensive:

1. Interface Improvement: New Screen for Industrial Management

27. Interface Improvement: Implement search arc drawing on map

61. Gameplay Change: Improvements to Pilot Management System (see separate “mini-manual”)

Other companies have charged their customers for "Expansion Packs" which do less than the above. Thanks guys, for the time and effort expended to make a great game even better!

Post #: 72
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/26/2009 5:08:53 PM   
USS Henrico

I'm guessing the map/base changes require a restart for the garrison levels and supply generation to be adjusted? Is this correct?

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 73
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/26/2009 5:46:50 PM   
afspret

quote:

Well all the code stuff happens no matter what ... all the art stuff happens no matter what ... in the area of the data changes ... you get some and you don't get others ... the true "master data" you get ... the instances of such master data you do not get. So for instance with ships, we have the ship classes and we have the ships. You get the classes without a restart, but we cannot update the ships because too many things may have happened to them "in game". So you're stuck with the ships you have until you upgrade. Once you upgrade a ship, you refer back to the class file and pull in a new, patch 02 updated (if there was an update for the class) instance of that ship. Same principle for LCUs and airgroups. The devices will be updated, the aircraft will be updated, but the LCUs will only be updated when your TOE upgrades because then you are pulling in a new TOE. So net/net you get about 80-90% immediately without restarting, the other 10-20% you only get as you continue to play, or if you restart.

I'm just getting over the flu so maybe I'm missing something here. I kind of understand the above, but it seems in my own scenario none of the changes to the bases have happened. Chinchow still has a size 1 port, the ports in Adak, Dutch Harbor, Kiska & Pago Pago are still the same size and I don't notice any difference in the size of the garrisons levels. I did notice the change in spelling for Ahmedabad.

One other thing about Chinchow, when I checked Scenario 1 it showing as a dot only, with no airfield or port of any size.

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 74
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/26/2009 5:50:03 PM   
51st Highland Div

Anyone else having problems downloading..when i click on the link for the beta patch in the Registered Downloads WitP:AE part of the members club it goes to a screen saying "this web page is not available" ?

https://i.ibb.co/SRBTPGK/hmsglasgowmatrix.jpg

The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Banner thanks to RogueUSMC

(in reply to afspret)
Post #: 75
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/26/2009 7:22:42 PM   
jwilkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
Would there be any harm to upgrade to the beta now so I can see what everyone is talking about or do you recommend I wait?

Each person is free to make their own decisions regarding use of the beta. Personally I would not upgrade a serious game in process until after even the real patch has shaken out for a while, just to make sure issues are minimized.

But I am a software guy, so I am at the most conservative end of the stick. I still run the XP operating system and have no plans to upgrade to either Vista or Windows 7 until "I have to".

If I was having a serious issue that I thought a patch would solve, I would act differently. In other words, if I think a piece of software is "broke" already, then the risk of upgrading is reduced. But, if I think a piece of software is stable, then I avoid upgrades. For instance, my public AAR game is still using 1080 - which was the latest and greatest version available when we started that game - and we have had no issues since that game began the week AE was released - so for us at least - 1080 has been a stable platform.

Now there are things in patch 02 that I'd like to have. One of those is just the ability to accelerate ships. This got broke somewhere along the way - for 2-day turn games - and I'd like to get that back. And there are other aspects I'd like to have as well. But we will not rush to upgrade our stable on going game.

So, to answer your question - in theory there should be no issue with upgrading to the beta - but I would keep a copy of my save file just in case. And - I would actually create a separate instance of the game for working with the beta. I have so many instance of WITP, AE, WPO, etc. that I can't count them!!!

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 76
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/26/2009 7:29:06 PM   
witpqs

Mike is talking about upgrading the software to start a NEW game.

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 77
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/26/2009 8:42:32 PM   
Mike Solli

Technically, I have an ongoing game (I think).  I'm prepared to end my 7 Dec 41 turn and send it off.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 78
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/26/2009 10:03:40 PM   
Central Blue

quote:

ORIGINAL: 51st Highland Div

Anyone else having problems downloading..when i click on the link for the beta patch in the Registered Downloads WitP:AE part of the members club it goes to a screen saying "this web page is not available" ?

I had problems with Firefox, so tried IE6 and was able to get it.

USS St. Louis firing on Guam, July 1944. The Cardinals and Browns faced each other in the World Series that year

(in reply to 51st Highland Div)
Post #: 79
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 12:34:16 AM   
wdolson

quote:

Each person is free to make their own decisions regarding use of the beta. Personally I would not upgrade a serious game in process until after even the real patch has shaken out for a while, just to make sure issues are minimized.

But I am a software guy, so I am at the most conservative end of the stick. I still run the XP operating system and have no plans to upgrade to either Vista or Windows 7 until "I have to".

I still run Windows 2000 on a couple of my computers. I reluctantly upgraded my development computer to XP last year because I needed to for a project. If it ain't broke...

I would take the standard software publisher line that there is no warranty about whether it won't break something, however I've been upgrading the EXE at least once a week since late July with my ongoing game and only one thing got broken in game, which was fixed before the release of the patch 2 beta. Upgrade at your own risk though.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 80
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 1:13:15 AM   
Montrose

Jesus f****** Christ on a crutch. I've just spent half an hour dancing around your ridiculous members scheme to get this patch. As far as I can see there is no 'private download'.

Gads you're annoying.

I spend my time building castles in the air, but in the end all of them, and I, blow away in the wind.

- Don Juan

Post #: 81
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 2:01:58 AM   
Bongo

Only took me a minute to figure it out.

(in reply to Montrose)
Post #: 82
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 2:13:42 AM   
jackyo123

great work, so many changes!

Regarding #57 - is that regarding the 'bombardment' attacks, or land combat in general? And any plans on adding increased disruption effects to bombardments, instead of just toning down (increase supply consumption by x4 and change about 50% of the casualties caused to a high disruption #, and I think you will have it perfectly right!)

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 83
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 3:11:25 AM   
erstad

quote:

I've just spent half an hour dancing around your ridiculous members scheme to get this patch. As far as I can see there is no 'private download'.

They misquoted the link (or used a generic label to refer to it). It is "Registered Downloads". It's on the list of links on the right hand side after you log in to your member account.

WITP:AE is near the bottom of the list of registered downloads (alphabetical). Click the "Downloads" button. If it says "register" instead of "Downloads", you need to register first.

< Message edited by erstad -- 11/27/2009 3:12:50 AM >

(in reply to Montrose)
Post #: 84
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 3:14:40 AM   
Anthropoid

Some people will bitch about a free upgrade *sigh*

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 85
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 7:46:56 AM   
Pascal_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Montrose

Jesus f****** Christ on a crutch. I've just spent half an hour dancing around your ridiculous members scheme to get this patch. As far as I can see there is no 'private download'.

Gads you're annoying.

Have you created an account? Have you registered your copy of WitP AE? If you've done all this then go to 'My Games', listed among the items along the right side of your members page. Next to the listing of WitP AE you should see 'private downloads'. Click on that and the patch appears first in the list.

< Message edited by Pascal -- 11/27/2009 7:48:15 AM >

So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

(in reply to Montrose)
Post #: 86
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 8:00:52 AM   
Pascal_slith

Great job, guys. Your ongoing concern to improve this game is second to none in the industry.

So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

Post #: 87
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 8:41:15 AM   
Sharkosaurus rex

I would like to add my appreciation to your long list of greetings.
Well done the AE team. So many new features it is almost a new game.
Also the game will take half the plotting time due to the new way of assigning the mission percentage. One screen!

thanks again

< Message edited by Sharkosaurus rex -- 11/27/2009 8:46:10 AM >

Is Sharkosaurus rex the biggest fish in the sea?
Why don't you come in for a swim?

(in reply to Pascal_slith)
Post #: 88
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 9:56:46 AM   
Reg

Whoa.... You guys have been busy!!!!

Looks absolutely fantastic.

(There needs to be space between the words "UsingTorpedoes/UsingBombs" in the air group menu for torpedo bombers - Does that qualify as a bug??)

Great stuff guys!!!

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to Sharkosaurus rex)
Post #: 89
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 9:59:56 AM   
51st Highland Div

quote:

ORIGINAL: Central Blue

quote:

ORIGINAL: 51st Highland Div

I had problems with Firefox, so tried IE6 and was able to get it.

Yeah was using Google Chrome so switched back to IE and was able to download the beta...thanks for that !

https://i.ibb.co/SRBTPGK/hmsglasgowmatrix.jpg

The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Banner thanks to RogueUSMC

(in reply to Central Blue)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI