Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Searching & Task forces

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Searching & Task forces Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Searching & Task forces - 11/27/2009 2:18:28 AM   
DRF99

Now that I'm using the new patch, I'm looking more closely at search arcs and have a question.

Let's say I have 2 BB and 4 CA with a total of 16 float planes, 2 per BB and 3 per CA. I want the combined float plane groups to search an arc of from 0 to 160 degrees in front of the task force. So I pick one float plane from one of the ships, set it to Naval Search; 0 to 160 degrees, and then click to set all float planes in the TF to the same setting.

I thought I would get the float planes fanning out automatically:
- BB1, 2 float planes: 0-20
- BB2, 2 float planes: 20-40
-CA4, 3 float planes: 130-160

However, it looks like each float plane group starts at the 0 degree arc and starts filling out arc clockwise so I get the majority of the planes searching the 0-10 degree sector and no one searching past the 20 or 30 to 160 sectors.

Is this how it works? I'ld like to be mistaken but it looks like I may have to micro-manage the search arcs.

Thanks,
DRF
Post #: 1
RE: Searching & Task forces - 11/27/2009 2:34:09 AM   
GB68

Your assumption is correct. You will have to micro-manage the planes. Give 1 BBs planes a search vector of say, 0 - 30, then the next BB 30 - 60 and the first CA 60 -90 and so on...

Hope this helps.

"Are you going to come quietly, or do I have to use earplugs?"
- Spike Milligan

(in reply to DRF99)
Post #: 2
RE: Searching & Task forces - 11/27/2009 3:13:13 AM   
Anthropoid

My standard practice is to select the one on far left and set it to the full range that I want, then click set all of that type. Then go back and redue each one to 10, 20, or 30 degrees.

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to GB68)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Searching & Task forces Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI