Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 11/20/2009 12:13:14 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBadWolf

Look like I manage to mess this one too. After numerous reinstalls, I keep getting this

Please, what am I doing wrong?

This is caused by not having the MS Patch installed. Go to the installation page for the link.

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 541
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 11/20/2009 6:30:53 AM   
BigBadWolf

Right as always, Damian. Somehow I confused VB SP1 with Windows SP, and I figured I don't need it, since I have SP3.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 542
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 11/20/2009 3:50:20 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBadWolf

Right as always, Damian. Somehow I confused VB SP1 with Windows SP, and I figured I don't need it, since I have SP3.

No problems mate, always here to lend a helping hand ... still waiting for Patch2 (like the rest of you guys), to see what else can be included for the next build.

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 543
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 11/22/2009 3:34:43 AM   
Nomad

I don't know if this has been reported or not. Any idea why there is more than one line for each ship class?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 544
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 11/22/2009 3:42:37 AM   
n01487477

Nomad, How did you get it to do that? I can't and I'm filtering on name too ... If you shut down and restart Tracker, does it do the same? Very unusual because the Ship Class is only read once on the first load... did you upgrade or start fresh? Is it just these classes or all of them ?

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 11/22/2009 3:47:37 AM >

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 545
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 11/22/2009 3:49:51 AM   
Nomad

No, it seemed to fix itself when I reopened it. I wonder if I am having a memory problem? I've been seeing some little glitches on my machine lately. Might have to run the mem checker tonight.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 546
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 11/23/2009 11:22:51 AM   
HansBolter

I just installed the lateset version of Tracker, followed the instructions to download the necessary system updates and I get an error when the .bat file runs that states it is "unable to access .jar file"

Can anyone help with this?

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 547
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 11/23/2009 11:29:15 AM   
HansBolter

Here is a screenshot of the error message:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 548
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 11/23/2009 1:17:07 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

I just installed the lateset version of Tracker, followed the instructions to download the necessary system updates and I get an error when the .bat file runs that states it is "unable to access .jar file"

Can anyone help with this?

Sure, you have the batch file on the desktop, but not the Witptracker.jar file ... the batch is trying to run witptracker.jar from the desktop. You should either make a shortcut to the batch file, not have the actual batch file here ... or change the batch file to locate where you have the witptracker folder ...

Hope this makes sense Hans.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 549
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 11/23/2009 5:51:40 PM   
jackyo123

am getting the following error on start (tried unzipping and running again, same thing)

C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\WitPTracker>java -Xms128m -
Xmx256m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
Initializing WitP Tracker AE database.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Matrix Games\War i
n the Pacific Admiral's Edition\WitPTracker\pwsdll.dll: This application has fai
led to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling th
e application may fix this problem
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at JNIpws.JNIpws.<clinit>(JNIpws.java:19)
at witptracker.SaveFileReader.<init>(SaveFileReader.java:84)
at witptracker.Main.main(Main.java:123)

C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\WitPTracker>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 550
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 11/23/2009 8:20:56 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackyo123

am getting the following error on start (tried unzipping and running again, same thing)

C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\WitPTracker>java -Xms128m -
Xmx256m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
Initializing WitP Tracker AE database.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Matrix Games\War i
n the Pacific Admiral's Edition\WitPTracker\pwsdll.dll: This application has fai
led to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling th
e application may fix this problem
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at JNIpws.JNIpws.<clinit>(JNIpws.java:19)
at witptracker.SaveFileReader.<init>(SaveFileReader.java:84)
at witptracker.Main.main(Main.java:123)

C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\WitPTracker>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Did you follow all of the instructions here (especially step 4)?

Floyd

(in reply to jackyo123)
Post #: 551
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 11/23/2009 10:46:00 PM   
Jones944

Any hope of getting a fix for this error? I doubt it, since I'm trying to run Tracker on Windows XP running within a VirtualBox OSE VM. WitPStaff works fine, though.

Edit: Looks like it's trying to force 32 bit colour? Is this really necessary?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 552
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 11/23/2009 11:11:43 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jones944

Any hope of getting a fix for this error? I doubt it, since I'm trying to run Tracker on Windows XP running within a VirtualBox OSE VM. WitPStaff works fine, though.

Edit: Looks like it's trying to force 32 bit colour? Is this really necessary?

The program doesn't do anything explicit to force 32-bit color. It does load some icons and graphics from the game's ART directory, so that may have some impact. One thing you can try is rename the game directory in the witptracker.properties file to a bogus folder and see if the program starts up (with a some errors about failing to load images).

Also, it looks like your tables loaded really quickly - maybe the database isn't complete. Can you also delete the trackerdb.* files and start again?

Floyd

(in reply to Jones944)
Post #: 553
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 11/23/2009 11:29:43 PM   
Jones944

Tried what you suggested and no change. Any chance you guys are publishing the source code anywhere?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 554
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 11/23/2009 11:33:25 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jones944

Tried what you suggested and no change. Any chance you guys are publishing the source code anywhere?

Sorry that you couldn't get it working - I don't know about any side-effects of running in a VM. Of course, there aren't supposed to be... It does appear to be some graphics issue.

As for the source code, we're under NDA, so we can't release it.

(in reply to Jones944)
Post #: 555
Customized Patch Change Report? - 11/26/2009 5:29:04 AM   
Kull

Even though the change-list accompanying the patch is quite large, I can almost guarantee that changes were made which don't appear on the list. This is no slam at the dev team - I've worked on a large mod, and it's simply impossible to write down EVERY change that is made.

Given that you guys are the masters of AE data reporting, could you possibly create a "one-off" data change report? Basically it would compare the pre-patch release with the patch, and list only those data elements which are different. From a "key field" perspective, look at Ships, LCUs, Air Groups, and Bases, and note any individual element that may have changed - be it unit size, HQ, location, number of active vs. damaged elements, fuel levels, etc. And to be truly accurate, we're really taking about one report per scenario.

Would this be hard to do? If it's a nightmare, then forget I asked - no worries. But if not, I for one could REALLY use this. Over the past few months I've utilized WitP Tracker report extracts to slowly develop an "AE-Allies Setup" spreadsheet that comments on 4588 individual lines, and I dread having to go back and look at each one individually to verify what may or may not have changed as a result of the patch. FWIW, the spreadsheet will be made available as a community resource once it's complete (only 160 lines to go), so this would benefit others, too. To say nothing of the many PBEM'ers who have their own, private set-up sheets, who would also greatly appreciate such a report.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 556
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 11/26/2009 9:00:31 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

Even though the change-list accompanying the patch is quite large, I can almost guarantee that changes were made which don't appear on the list. This is no slam at the dev team - I've worked on a large mod, and it's simply impossible to write down EVERY change that is made.

Given that you guys are the masters of AE data reporting, could you possibly create a "one-off" data change report? Basically it would compare the pre-patch release with the patch, and list only those data elements which are different. From a "key field" perspective, look at Ships, LCUs, Air Groups, and Bases, and note any individual element that may have changed - be it unit size, HQ, location, number of active vs. damaged elements, fuel levels, etc. And to be truly accurate, we're really taking about one report per scenario.

Would this be hard to do? If it's a nightmare, then forget I asked - no worries. But if not, I for one could REALLY use this. Over the past few months I've utilized WitP Tracker report extracts to slowly develop an "AE-Allies Setup" spreadsheet that comments on 4588 individual lines, and I dread having to go back and look at each one individually to verify what may or may not have changed as a result of the patch. FWIW, the spreadsheet will be made available as a community resource once it's complete (only 160 lines to go), so this would benefit others, too. To say nothing of the many PBEM'ers who have their own, private set-up sheets, who would also greatly appreciate such a report.

I'll try to look into this for you kull, but won't have time until the weekend ...

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 557
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 11/26/2009 12:12:58 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

Have you looked into using the CSV files and using something like OpenOffice's "Compare Documents" to compare pre-Beta-patch version to a Beta-patch version (using two separate WitPTracker AE folders)? It may not capture all of the data (just what's dumped in the files), but it could give you a good first pass.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 558
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 11/26/2009 3:19:34 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477
I'll try to look into this for you kull, but won't have time until the weekend ...

Thanks man, very much appreciated!

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

Have you looked into using the CSV files and using something like OpenOffice's "Compare Documents" to compare pre-Beta-patch version to a Beta-patch version (using two separate WitPTracker AE folders)? It may not capture all of the data (just what's dumped in the files), but it could give you a good first pass.

I have Excel, so hopefully that has a similar feature. Thanks for the tip - I'll look into that after I recover from the impending Food Coma, otherwise known as "Thanksgiving".

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 559
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 11/27/2009 3:58:36 PM   
herwin

I'm experiencing out of memory errors at line 57 (java.sql.SQLException). Any clues?

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 560
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 11/27/2009 11:46:22 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: herwin

I'm experiencing out of memory errors at line 57 (java.sql.SQLException). Any clues?

I assume you're running from the .bat file, so maybe you can edit it to increase the memory settings. I've seen this behavior when the PC was heavily loaded...

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 561
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 11/28/2009 11:06:20 AM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: herwin

I assume you're running from the .bat file, so maybe you can edit it to increase the memory settings. I've seen this behavior when the PC was heavily loaded...

This still occurs after I increase the memory settings. The only other application running is WiTP AE. I have 2GB of RAM.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 562
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 11/28/2009 10:53:44 PM   
ny59giants

Under the "Air Production" pull down for the Allies, can we get a filter that shows all Allied aircraft EXCEPT Soviet??  Unless they are active, I have very little use for them on a regular basis.

I'm trying out Andy Mac's nasty new AI script for his Ironman mod and I don't think he has the Soviets doing much.

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 563
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 11/29/2009 1:21:06 AM   
Mac Linehan

Floydg and Damien -

After years of lurking / reading and solo against the AI I am actually playing a email game (as Japanese) and loving every minute of it. I am one of the "read and study the rules / forums" type guys, it has most certainly helped - but I have to say that without WitP AE tracker life would be hard. P2 beta's new industry menu is icing on the cake. I have just finished the 10 Dec turn - about 8 hours of planning (convoys / resource management etc.). And, of course airframe / engine production. Finally feel like I have a good grip on how everything works (especially aircraft production) but must give credit to the Tracker - without it all would be lost.

Thanks to you both for all the work on this outstanding utility. Please keep at it - what you have done is much appreciated.

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 564
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 11/29/2009 3:35:54 AM   
Nomad

quote:

Nomad, How did you get it to do that? I can't and I'm filtering on name too ... If you shut down and restart Tracker, does it do the same? Very unusual because the Ship Class is only read once on the first load... did you upgrade or start fresh? Is it just these classes or all of them ?

I think the problem was loading both Staff and Tracker and loading new turns in both at the same time. I have the feeling that things got confusing. I have taken to loading each completely and the new turn before loading the other and I have not seen that problem again.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 565
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 11/30/2009 12:28:41 AM   
foliveti

I see that it is possible to enter notes on a few of the charts. Is it possible to save them?

Frank

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 566
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 11/30/2009 12:35:11 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: foliveti

I see that it is possible to enter notes on a few of the charts. Is it possible to save them?

The program automatically saves the entered notes in the database. Try a simple test and see.
Of course, these notes are only within WitPTracker and never make it into the AE save file...

(in reply to foliveti)
Post #: 567
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 11/30/2009 3:58:47 AM   
n01487477

NYGIANTS wrote:
quote:

Under the "Air Production" pull down for the Allies, can we get a filter that shows all Allied aircraft EXCEPT Soviet?? Unless they are active, I have very little use for them on a regular basis.

I'm trying out Andy Mac's nasty new AI script for his Ironman mod and I don't think he has the Soviets doing much.

No worries mate, I'll have it like the check list in the Ship Production screen. Been sick this weekend with winter flu, so Kull never got around to what I promised ... vacation starts next week though

Mac, thanks for the support, I like the new production screen in-game too, I'll start getting an update for Floyd together in the next 2 weeks.

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 11/30/2009 3:59:42 AM >

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 568
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 11/30/2009 5:46:54 AM   
pad152

AE Tracker 1.2 and Beta Patch

Ok, we now know China is now a sink hole for supply but, I'm also seeing a lot of warning messages about low fuel for Hi factories in Manchuria (Harbin, etc.) & Korea. Looks like all the fuel is going to Port Arthur.

Is there any way to tell if factories are pull enough fuel back for production?

Looks like there is going to be a need to tell which LCU's are getting enough supply and which ones aren't.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 569
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 11/30/2009 6:02:09 AM   
Kull

quote:

Been sick this weekend with winter flu, so Kull never got around to what I promised ... vacation starts next week though

No sweat. I finally finished the "Allies Set-up" spreadsheet and will post it later tonight. If/when you can run the comparison reports, I'll use them to make updates to it. After months of work I just want to hurl it out the door!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 570
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI