Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Time of Wrath, unit and other mods

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Scenarios and Mods >> Time of Wrath, unit and other mods Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Time of Wrath, unit and other mods - 11/24/2009 10:37:28 PM   
rmg

Ok, I just purchased this game and am somewhat of a newbie to this. I want to customize the various strengths of the countries via unit strength, attribute mods,,,,as well as more global attributes such as available PP (money, etc) to each side at start of game......they said that this and even "scenario mods" are "easy".....well the manual says NOTHING about how to do it, easily or not.................please help......and a very stupid question.....is their any tutorial or text that will enable the player to look at the relative strenghts of opposing units and guesstimate the chance of success? Looking at these weird dice rolls doesnt really help my understanding of how likely an attack is to be successful..............really, I would appreciate your help, anyone, and do the makers of the these games TRY to be clueless about a learning curve and manuals??? Sheesh!

Bob
Post #: 1
RE: Time of Wrath, unit and other mods - 11/24/2009 10:42:11 PM   
Tomokatu

I've been playing this game and its predecessor (WWII:RtV) for over a year and I wouldn't DREAM of trying to mod anything yet.

I strongly recommend that you read all the threads in the forum and play a few games first rather than trying to mod right away. Take a year or two to get familiar with the system first.

(in reply to rmg)
Post #: 2
RE: Time of Wrath, unit and other mods - 11/24/2009 10:45:35 PM   
Harbinger

wow that long?

Playing the game for a couple of hundred turns each from various nations will be invaluable.

Assume nothing.

(in reply to Tomokatu)
Post #: 3
RE: Time of Wrath, unit and other mods - 11/24/2009 11:28:32 PM   
cpdeyoung

Bob,

There is a modding introduction written by doomtrader, and that can help you find your way. The advice to play awhile is good, but if you are a modder you will want to get in there ASAP, and others have blazed the way. Look at the graphic mods in this thread, and read Uxbridge's game mods.

The "Modding tutorial project" in the root thread "Time of Wrath" is the intro I refer to above.

Good luck, and there are plenty of helpful modders available to help you along your way. Look forward to your efforts.

Chuck

(in reply to Harbinger)
Post #: 4
RE: Time of Wrath, unit and other mods - 11/24/2009 11:51:58 PM   
Bleck

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2167036
:)

Wastelands Interactive member (Programmer)

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 5
RE: Time of Wrath, unit and other mods - 12/1/2009 1:22:24 AM   
rmg

Chuck, thanks for the response....yes after playing some I have answered some of my questions. I did look at the modding tutorial...and I will try that, though as a newbie, I wouldnt consider those mods "easy", but everything is relative I guess. What would help me in the short term is a way to alter relative power not by units but by simply allocating custom values for PP levels at the beginning of each game (seems like a simple way). Also, one gaming question, I was under the assumption one could align any country with any country (ie Spain with Germany, Turkey with Britain, etc. I dont see this either. I attempted to do this by making Turkey for example human controlled....but as "head of Turkey" I can build unit, but cannot execute a Declaration of War, primarily because it seems I have NO diplomatic points, and don't seem to acquire any as the game goes on. Again, simple way around this might be customizing beginning DP for each country. Thanks again for the consideration, customizing the players is really fun, and enhances the longevity and depth of the gaming experience.

Bob

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 6
RE: Time of Wrath, unit and other mods - 12/1/2009 7:00:36 AM   
cpdeyoung

Bob,

Everything you want to do is possible, and some are pretty easy. It sounds like what you want to do is build one or more custom scenarios. Doomtrader has commented on how to do this a few times, and Uxbridge has done quite a few. If you only want to adjust production and diplomatic alignment then you are right and it is pretty straightforward.

I am not in a good mode to get to ToW now or I would help you more with the technical details, but let me introduce you to the "F11" function key which will allow you to do what you want in game, and with no modifying of files. F11 brings up a pull down list of the countries in the game, and allows you to alter two values for each. The two values are PP and DP, which are the two you want to modify. For example if you pull down "Turkey" and see DP = 0, you can give Turkey an injection of 150 DP to represent a change of government to allow a declaration of war. This will happen immediately and you can do the declaration that turn. If you want a one time injection of production too, you can inject PP also, and these are also spendable that turn. You could even give Germany enough diplomatic points to buy a coup in Turkey, and to bring it into the Axis, but this will take some turns to accomplish. With a custom scenario you can get the alignment just the way you want at scenario start. You could also alter the PP growth rate by making cities and resources more "valuable" economically each turn. The scenario work can come later, but with F11 you can try your ideas out right now.

Let me mention that F11 is something of a backdoor into the game, and some players hate that it is there, and want to remove or restrict its use. Certainly in PBEM or head to head games it should not be used to get an unfair advantage, but for what you want to do it is ideal.

Have fun,

Chuck

(in reply to rmg)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Scenarios and Mods >> Time of Wrath, unit and other mods Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI