Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Generated Campaign Terrain

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Generated Campaign Terrain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Generated Campaign Terrain - 11/13/2000 4:59:00 AM   
Tazman85

Will matrix 9or any one else0 be producing a patch that will enable random/historical terrain to be generated in the user campaign(NOT LONG CAMPAIGN).This feature is in SPWW2ver3 so is it/will it be possible in SPW@W.

Post #: 1
- 11/14/2000 4:30:00 PM   
Raindem

Not sure exactly what you are asking. The computer will generate random terrain in any battle, scenario, or campaign. Is it historical? Sort of. By choosing the date, location, and opponents, the computer will generate a map of likely terrain. And they are always adding in more hard-coded locations that the program can draw upon. Is the terrain realistic? Matter of opinion. I've gotten spoiled with the pre-made maps that come with the program or are available in download, that I almost never use random terrain anymore.

Grab them by the balls. Their hearts and minds will follow.

(in reply to Tazman85)
Post #: 2
- 11/15/2000 2:29:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Good idea, Raindem, might as well have a decent map for your battle. That is why we provided them, for battles and for design. I'm glad you are using them? WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Tazman85)
Post #: 3
- 11/15/2000 4:35:00 AM   
Arralen

Maybe he's talking about that the map generation is "broken" in some circumstances .. think in my ".EXE-bugs" thread are some postings regarding this ... . IIRC there are problems with Italy in Africa and Japs vs. Russia in '39, and maybe some more .. Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Tazman85)
Post #: 4
- 11/15/2000 5:23:00 AM   
Tazman85

The situation I was referring to is the terrain for battles in the campaign generator.You know ,the one where you pick 3 opponents for your core force.In SPWW2v3 The terrain is randomly chosen with a nod to historical time and place but in SPW@W you have to choose from the limited terrains available.What I was wondering in my original question was if matrix planned to address this or if anybody else knows how to.

(in reply to Tazman85)
Post #: 5
- 11/16/2000 2:26:00 AM   
Toey

Yeah, it's either Plains, Rough, Jungle, Desert etc. Is that what you mean?

(in reply to Tazman85)
Post #: 6
- 11/16/2000 5:27:00 AM   
Tazman85

Yeah,You got it in one Toey.It would be great to generate a campaign in say June 1944 and be able to fight more than one per month.I'm sure this would be more realistic as many units fought battles daily.

(in reply to Tazman85)
Post #: 7
- 11/16/2000 8:06:00 AM   
Warhorse

quote:

Originally posted by Tazman85: Yeah,You got it in one Toey.It would be great to generate a campaign in say June 1944 and be able to fight more than one per month.I'm sure this would be more realistic as many units fought battles daily.
Well, you might already know, but if not, maybe try your hand at an editing campaign? Look on tankheads or Fabios sites, and or the journal at matrix, theres a document on how to do it!! Then you are no longer at the AI's mercy as far as terrain, or anything!! Have fun! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Tazman85)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Generated Campaign Terrain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI