Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Are we...?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Are we...? Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Are we...? - 11/13/2000 9:18:00 AM   
Wild Bill

So fellow wargamers, through these months of anticipation, frustration, bug searches and fixes, moans and shouts of joy, I gotta ask you... Are we having fun or what? That is what gaming is all about! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 11/13/2000 9:24:00 AM   
Leibstandarte

Hell yes we're having fun. I've gotten half of the NATO units over here searching for copies of SPWaW. Well maybe not half but all the guys I work with who play war games. Hats off to all involved with this fine game. There is nothing that comes close to comparing to this. Keep up the excellent work. Thanks again to all of you at Matrix Games. ------------------ Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
- 11/13/2000 9:44:00 AM   
Wild Bill

We certainly can't ask for better support than that which you have given us Trooper! Thank you! WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
- 11/13/2000 10:31:00 AM   
chief

WB: I said it b4 & I say it again....well done....Thanks ------------------ Sm:):)th Sailing...chief

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
- 11/13/2000 11:11:00 AM   
Randy

Wild Bill, I don't think we can ask for much more. The game is great, plus this forum makes us (even in a small way) the gamer, feel like we are also part of the proccess. This forum brings us all together as a team, which is an important element in the actual military as we can see in the game. Thanks Semper Fi Randy

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
- 11/13/2000 11:36:00 AM   
GrinningDwarf

This gamer is definitely having fun!!

Sergeant to new replacements on the line: I may not have time to tell you to duck, but if you see me dive for the ground you might want to think about why I'm doing it.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 6
- 11/13/2000 2:43:00 PM   
AmmoSgt

Having fun here yep yep yep I Luv this game and the Forum Thankies Raiders

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 7
- 11/13/2000 4:31:00 PM   
Toey

Sh*t Yeah! I'm having a great time!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 8
- 11/13/2000 6:04:00 PM   
waynef

This is what SP1 should have been to start with! Semper Fi

"At My Signal...Unleash Hell" Thanks, Wayne

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 9
- 11/13/2000 6:27:00 PM   
herr1

I am having fun and so are my three wargaming friends, however, I'm not sure about our wives!! How do you keep your wives sweet ( I have to ration my SPWAW time!)

Dr Rob H

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 10
- 11/13/2000 6:28:00 PM   
Dwayne Stone

Will, you must be kidding! This is one of the best games ever. I'm happy playing it and belonging to such a great team. ------------------ Dwayne Stone ------------ friends call him paranoik

Dwayne Stone

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 11
- 11/13/2000 6:43:00 PM   
Warrior

"Fun" is an understatement.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 12
- 11/13/2000 7:10:00 PM   
Drex

heck, I even have fun when I lose! Never seen a game so addicting, even the forums are fun.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 13
- 11/13/2000 7:40:00 PM   
ncpanther

DITTO DREX!!! If ya can have too much fun , I'm havin it with SPWaW!!! ------------------ NC Airborne Sappers Lead the way!! SAPPERS ATTACK!!!!

NC Airborne Sappers Lead the way!! SAPPERS ATTACK!!!!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 14
- 11/13/2000 7:44:00 PM   
pops

yeah baby yeah!!!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 15
- 11/13/2000 8:34:00 PM   
Tortfeasor

I am having fun. My friends are having fun. My NEW friends are enjoying it with me. Thank you Wild bill, you have made history. But my dog don`t like it.

My opinion might have been changed, but not the fact that I am correct.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 16
- 11/13/2000 9:42:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Well, that is what we wanted. I know this was my primary goal...for the game to be fun to play. These responses are overwhelming and I thank you on behalf of the entire testing team for them. One way to appease the ladies is to let them have a couple of easy shots and get a few kills. I've found Beth (my wife) loves to blow up tanks! She is not as avid as I am, but at least has a better understanding of my devotion to gaming. Tell her she has friends out there, other "war widows" who share her "pain." That probably won't help though . My cat, Mr. Jones, gets upset too, Tortfeasor. He comes and sits beside my chair, watches me intently, then gently pats me on the leg with his paw. That failing, he leaps into my lap, stare into my face questioningly. THAT failing, he proceeeds to crawl from my lap onto the table next to the computer and lay on top of my books I have open. I think there is a message there My wife has other tools, all of which are very effective...the slow stripping one I find irresistible . That one always gets me! Wocka! Wocka! I'm thrilled you guys are having fun. I am too! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games [This message has been edited by Wild Bill (edited November 13, 2000).]

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 17
- 11/13/2000 9:52:00 PM   
Charles22

I'm starting to uncrank a little bit here. The game having going through so many patches and OOB changes has certainly held me back quite a bit, for I keep restarting campaigns for every change. I have, however, gone through the Motherland campaign to bide me till the newest OOBs come out, and did pretty well (one marginal and the rest decisive victorys), so it wasn't too different from my WWII campaigning. In the search of playing a campaign I haven't played though, to bide my time, I decided to try and start on a WWII East Front campaign starting in 6/41 (I usually like to start in 9/39 when I play Gerry). In so doing I've noticed one problem, though I suppose I could take less points than I'm offered, and that is, that the Soviet campaign, starting then, starts with like 5000 pts. That's way too many points, even if you select nothing but KV1s, for that narrow a field. I do have one suggestion, however, for the Wild Bills amongst us. Since all campaigns cannot take advantage of the wider battlefield now available (at least they never do), why not make the campaigns like the Motherland one, with nothing but wide fields and then the core points allowed can be heightened as well? Of course I would probably be more content with the entire WWII campaign playable either as a choice between narrow or wide, or a mixture of both, but I'm merely trying to get across the idea that there have been no campaigns to my knowledge which have used the wider fields. Thanks

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 18
- 11/13/2000 10:13:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I hope you'll try some of the others now that you are up to date on patches and new versions. I hate having so many of those too. I know how confusing it can be and I regret that the project has had to have them. But at least, it makes for a better game. Thanks for trying Heroes. I think if you are an East Front addict you will really enjoy Watchword Freedom when it comes out soon. Those are good suggestions and I hope new designers will take to heart what you have mentioned here. Yes, let's use all the tools we have. I especially like the idea of increasing core value. You can't buy new units but you could upgrade easier with more points, then give the enemy a little extra to compensate for it. Nice suggestions, Charles. I think the next campaign I will work on will be a hypothetical encounter, US vs USSR in 1945. What do you guys think? Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 19
- 11/13/2000 10:22:00 PM   
David F. Wall

Oooh. Patton's Dream Redux! This was probably my favorite campaign from the SP1 expansion disks... DFW

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 20
- 11/13/2000 10:46:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Yep! Actually this was my own earlier creation in SP3 and I want to use that idea to bring it to birth in SPWAW. It will take a while. Campaigns are a long hard process, but it is in the definite to do list, David. ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 21
- 11/13/2000 11:36:00 PM   
Don Doom

Great new make over for Steel Panthers, It is addictive as H@#$LL, my wife is understanding, but my kids are not, just wait till they are a little older. Then I will get them hook also . he he Keep up the GOOD work Matric and GANG.!!!! Don I only stop when my tracks are well greased!

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 22
- 11/13/2000 11:44:00 PM   
Pave

Hi The game is absolutely great. It is the only game I've been playing (I mean playing, not just testing) for maybe 6 months. A friend of mine thinks I'm weird because I don't play games like DeusEx (or what the heck was it) and just play this kind of game where nothing happens(that's his opinion). I have tried to explain that games like SPWAW makes something to happen in my brains, when I'm trying figure out how to kill a Tiger with a Sherman having a 75mm gun(haven't quite discovered yet ). 3D shooting games usually require just good reactions. If comparing to more traditional games, Quake is poker, but SPWAW is chess (or maybe go). Those who complain that constant upgrades spoil their campaign games, don't worry. I just finished my campaign as a German againt Russians, which was started in SPWAW 1.0 (I think). I upgraded the game always and continued playing the same campaign without having any problems.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 23
- 11/14/2000 12:54:00 AM   
Don

Well, WB, finding this game has allowed me to: 1) Play the best wargame around! 2) Get involved in map and scenario design - something I've never done before. 3) Get involved in this forum, which is a truly great bunch who always help the other guy. 4) But best of all, it led to talking to you, WB, which led to meeting a bunch of other people. Now instead of sitting at home on disability, bored and unhappy, I'm working on projects that keep me very busy and have never been happier! : Thanks WB, Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 24
- 11/14/2000 1:51:00 AM   
Gallo Rojo

I’m getting fun. I think that I’ll become addict to this game. In fact I was addict to the earlier versions of SP... but now they seam so board... Now only SPWAW could calm me... It’s the best I ever saw... If only the VCR bug could be fixed... then my happiness were complete!

The bayonet is a weapon with a worker on each end

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 25
- 11/14/2000 3:30:00 AM   
MECH ENGINEER

"Wild Bill, this is Mech Engineer, we are officially having fun at this time, out" ------------------ "When do we get our flamethrowers, Top?"

"When do we get our flamethrowers, Top?"

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 26
- 11/14/2000 3:39:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Thanks Don. Your becoming involved in the game has been of benefit to all of us, especially your kindness in burning and sending out so many copies of it. And your scenarios are top notch. Testing talents ain't bad either, my friend. You have helped me make so valuable changes (such as WF, Battle one ) Gallo, I fear there will always be something in this game to fix. The VCR, I hope we can get it working properly. And you, Mech...as long as you have the fire breather, I know you are all right! Thanks, guys. We are indeed definitely having fun! WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 27
- 11/14/2000 4:03:00 AM   
RUsco

Love this game. Having fun? all the time. Thanks Matrix for all the hard work on making the BEST wargame out there.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 28
- 11/14/2000 4:50:00 AM   
Wild Bill

And thanks for your contributions in testing and in your scenario design. Love that Tulagi campaign. I've played it three times already. Why? Because its FUN! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 29
- 11/14/2000 5:22:00 AM   
Grumble

You can't b(*h about a free game. What's more, (or worse if you're a S/W company) it's of a quality that a lot of other simulations only wish for. I think it's a pretty good balance of "realism"/detail and "game play". Obviously, I'm not the only one... Support is phenomenal. It's not often you get IMMEDIATE replies from the designer and developers. I think only HPS is the equal of this. I was frankly leerly of the forums. What I've seen in the past were usually game-geeks slamming less experienced players for asking questions. Certainly not the case here. Keep Pressing.

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Are we...? Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI