Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

potential standing orders bug during land phase

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> potential standing orders bug during land phase Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
potential standing orders bug during land phase - 12/13/2009 6:24:40 PM   
Dancing Bear

Hi all
hidden in another thread was a report that it was not possible to issue standing orders during the land phase, which seems like a major problem. I was planning to test this, but simply have not got the time in the next couple of days. Can one of you out there run a test scenario to see if this is happening, and then make a report to the forum/mantis?
DB.
Post #: 1
RE: potential standing orders bug during land phase - 12/14/2009 4:35:42 AM   
RJCowan

As I recall, during the land phase there is no button in the commands box to set any orders.  However, garrison orders should be able to be set by clicking on the garrison name in the unit box.  I don't know of any way to set orders for corps (or fleets), outside of Reinforcement phase.

(in reply to Dancing Bear)
Post #: 2
RE: potential standing orders bug during land phase - 12/14/2009 6:28:48 AM   
ereiser

To clarify.  You can issue orders to all units during your reinforcement phase.  You can issue orders to fleets during your naval phase.  You cannot issue orders to corps or garrisons that are not involved in a battle during your land phase.  You can check to see what orders were given to corps and garrisons during your reinforcement phase by clicking on the unit (appears in the message box above the phase buttons), but cannot change them.

ER

(in reply to RJCowan)
Post #: 3
RE: potential standing orders bug during land phase - 12/15/2009 12:48:13 AM   
Dancing Bear

Marshall
is the game meant to be this way? Is there some reason we can't set standing orders for corps in the land phase?

(in reply to ereiser)
Post #: 4
RE: potential standing orders bug during land phase - 12/15/2009 12:59:00 PM   
Marshall Ellis

I honestly cannot remember??? I cannot imagine why we would have done it this way? I will have to dig a little deeper to see..

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Post #: 5
RE: potential standing orders bug during land phase - 12/16/2009 12:53:25 AM   
Dancing Bear

If you could change it so you can set orders during your land phase for all units (not just those involved in a combat), that would be best.

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 6
RE: potential standing orders bug during land phase - 1/12/2010 2:26:13 AM   
Dancing Bear

Any progress on this one? It might be hard for the testers to catch, because in a hot seat them, there are not single corps battles when the defender is played by the computer, so this is not apparent.

Post #: 7
RE: potential standing orders bug during land phase - 1/12/2010 1:53:11 PM   
Marshall Ellis

I haven't got to this yet!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

Post #: 8
RE: potential standing orders bug during land phase - 1/30/2010 2:34:40 AM   
Dancing Bear

I was wondering if you had a chance to look at this one yet.

This could be a problem if you have just been declared war upon and your new opponent moves before you. I would call this a relatively major.

< Message edited by Dancing Bear -- 1/30/2010 2:54:35 AM >

Post #: 9
RE: potential standing orders bug during land phase - 2/1/2010 2:20:19 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Nope, not yet.
Is this in Mantis?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

Post #: 10
RE: potential standing orders bug during land phase - 2/2/2010 3:09:17 AM   
Dancing Bear

This will take a little time as you can't recreate this condition in the single player or hot seat games, and need to be playing a PBEM to see it (standing orders are not a factor in single player games, or hot seat games).

Post #: 11
RE: potential standing orders bug during land phase - 2/7/2010 12:46:58 PM   
bresh

I dont get the question.
As far as i can see, i can issue orders to fleets and corps(single corps),garrisons, during my land/naval phase. Havent tested if the orders actually worked, but dont see why not. (I know i just issused orders to corps and garrisons, this land phase in one of the pbm games im in).

The only unit type i think, i cant issue orders during land is (Cossaks/Freikorps), witch i think also says so in the manual.

Regards
Bresh

< Message edited by bresh -- 2/7/2010 12:47:03 PM >

Post #: 12
RE: potential standing orders bug during land phase - 2/7/2010 3:11:46 PM   
Dancing Bear

Hi Bresh
the issue is that the orders that you appear to give your units in the land phase are not followed. Although this is a tough one to test as you need to be in a multi-player PBEM to actually to see occur.
DB.

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 13
RE: potential standing orders bug during land phase - 2/11/2010 12:35:33 AM   
Dancing Bear

Ok, I finally got a chance to test this out, and was not able to recreate it. I think, Marshall, you can take it off your to do list. Everything seems to be working fine with the standing orders.

Interestingly I disovered that you can set orders for land units during the naval phase. Not sure when this might be useful, maybe when players are skipping their reinforcement phase. Presumably this is the same for orders set during the diplomacy phase.

Post #: 14
RE: potential standing orders bug during land phase - 2/11/2010 8:54:15 PM   
Ted1066

quote:

ORIGINAL: bresh

I dont get the question.
As far as i can see, i can issue orders to fleets and corps(single corps),garrisons, during my land/naval phase. Havent tested if the orders actually worked, but dont see why not. (I know i just issused orders to corps and garrisons, this land phase in one of the pbm games im in).

The only unit type i think, i cant issue orders during land is (Cossaks/Freikorps), witch i think also says so in the manual.

Regards
Bresh

How is this done? I've looked all over for the button to issue orders to corps in the land phase and I don't see one. I know how to do it for corps during the reinforcement phase, but not the land phase (where it really should be).

Cheers,

Ted

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 15
RE: potential standing orders bug during land phase - 2/12/2010 2:40:07 AM   
Dancing Bear

Hi Ted
it is the same as the reinforcement phase (unless there are 2 methods to issues orders during reinforcement). You go to the second box from the left along the bottam of the screen where the corps information is displayed (i.e. number of infantry and cav, etc.). You hover the pointer where you see the intrinsic corps strategic and tactical ratings shown in white, just above the corps infantry strength, then click when the dialog box that comes up saying, click here to issue orders to this unit.
Is there another way to do it?

Perhaps this should look more like a button than it does? What does everyone think?
DB.

(in reply to Ted1066)
Post #: 16
RE: potential standing orders bug during land phase - 2/12/2010 8:45:57 PM   
Ted1066

Yep, found it. Wow, did not even know that existed - is that actually described somewhere in the manual? I just checked briefly and couldn't find anything.

And YES, that should be given a button!

Cheers,

Ted

PS In that same unit description area, a clickable area appears over the square icon, but does nothing (ie you can click, but nothing happens). Any idea if this is intended to do something?

Post #: 17
RE: potential standing orders bug during land phase - 2/17/2010 1:14:48 PM   
bresh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dancing Bear

Hi Bresh
the issue is that the orders that you appear to give your units in the land phase are not followed. Although this is a tough one to test as you need to be in a multi-player PBEM to actually to see occur.
DB.

Has this been confirmed ?
Just this turn, in one of the pbm games im in, during my land phase i changed my GB-corps order from Cordon to Withdraw, and game executed my withdraw, when Spain attacked the corps.

Regards
Bresh

Post #: 18
RE: potential standing orders bug during land phase - 2/18/2010 3:00:36 AM   
Dancing Bear

Hi Bresh
the standing orders appear to be working just fine, and it looks like there is no bug related to standing orders. It looks like you can set standing orders for corps during the reinforcement, land, naval and maybe diplomacy phases.

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> potential standing orders bug during land phase Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI