Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Theory

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Scenarios and Mods >> Theory Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Theory - 12/15/2009 4:24:31 PM   
Harbinger

Okay all you modders, here is a theory I have been playing around with. I'd like to see your thoughts on the feasibility of it.

Current situation:
Each nation is subject to a unique War Economy, Production, Diplomatic Status and hex control, all of which can be modified.
Each nation fields a single military comprised of the available unit types. These types are Infantry, Motorized, Armor, Air and Navy. These are subject to LWD and Tech level, both of which can be uniquely modified to reflect the desired Strengths and composition.

Theory: Independent Command of Economy and Military Formations.
Divide the nation into several countries, each of which has unique WE, PP, DP and military.

Example; Germany is now a nation of several smaller countries, each of which is used to create an independent formation. My idea of division is this;

German High Command.
This formation is in control of all WE, PP and DP for the entire nationality. This will give this formation the purpose of sending PP to the others in order for them to maintain their respective formations. All Main Supply and resources originate within the boundaries of this formation. Set the LWD and Tech levels very low with no contributions to technology. This will help prevent the GHC from building its own army to participate in offensive actions but will allow for garrison units if wanted. Also, if the WE and resources are carefully planned then the possibility of increased Tech can be reduced as well. Any units assigned to this formation should be with recognition of the fact it is basically HQ.

German Military Group 1.
Any name can be used for this country, ie; 21st Panzer, Army Group Central or 6th Army. This formation has zero WE, DP and resources, making it wholly dependent on the parent formation which in this example is German High Command. It should be assigned some hex control and a port city for unit construction purposes and the ability to receive convoys of resources from GHC. LWD and tech levels can be assigned for the desired military power of this formation. Leaders can be assigned to this formation. Units assigned to this formation are subject to debate.

German Military Group etc..
The possibility of many formations exist under these conditions and modifications.

Events can and should be modelled to reflect capture of enemy resources. Instead of the captured resources being allocated to the combat formation they could instead be added to the parent formation, with a possible reward of PP or a new unit to the combat formation.

The issue of hex control gained by combat/movement of the various combat formations might be handled via the DP rules of whoever has the higher value gaining control of the hex. If all combat formation hexes are well within the boundaries of the parent formation and away from the front line then the disparity of DP or political strength should be enough to insure the control goes to the parent formation.

These are but a few of the modifications required to create such a scenario. Obviously there are more but I felt these werre sufficient to present the theory.

Have at it. What do you think?

Assume nothing.
Post #: 1
RE: Theory - 12/22/2009 10:03:45 PM   
Uxbridge

You probably made people freeze in horror with this one!

It's probably not possible, especially since the number of players is limited to eight. I had a similr idea some time back, that Germany and USSR should be divided by two players. In the German case one player should control air forces, navy, garrisons and a small part of the army fighting in the south; the other concentrate on the eastern front. The Russians would have north and south. The other players would be UK, USA, France and Italy.

(in reply to Harbinger)
Post #: 2
RE: Theory - 1/5/2010 11:53:28 PM   
Harbinger

Freeze in horror....lol, good one Ux.

Hey!, Maybe a little shock to the system is a good thing once in awhile, no?

Assume nothing.

(in reply to Uxbridge)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Scenarios and Mods >> Theory Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI