Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ships overloaded with aicraft

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Ships overloaded with aicraft Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ships overloaded with aicraft - 12/22/2009 12:38:04 AM   
dicand

When playing the Jap AI its carriers stops being a menace after a while. They patrol but launch no aircraft.
When peeking in AI against AI mode I discover that the carriers are heavily overloaded. Despite the fact that there are only the original groups aboard and that they have a normal amount of planes the carrier itself states that there is something like 200 planes aboard! And thus no flights!
The human carriers tend to try and do the same. If you have some pilots in reserve and some reserve aircaft aboard they soon become active and you have more aircraft aboard than the carrier can handle!
To be able to have reserves onboard seems logical since the carriers require large ports and they have to travel long distances.
Can anyone figure out a remedy or what might go wrong?
[image][/image]

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by dicand -- 12/22/2009 12:39:11 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Ships overloaded with aicraft - 12/22/2009 2:44:28 AM   
dazoline II

How did you get the ship assigned to a city?

Moscow by winter? Only if you send Fast Heinz to Kiev.

(in reply to dicand)
Post #: 2
RE: Ships overloaded with aicraft - 12/22/2009 4:09:35 AM   
WaltE1965

Was there by chance any carriers near it that sank on its last patrol? It might have dumped them on your only remaining carrier if there where no land bases or other carriers in the area to divert to. It should IMHO force them to ditch in the ocean with loss of the plane itself and possible loss of thr flight crewmember and or crewmembers ( at some level to be determined at random LOL ) or at least allow the diverted a/c to land, crew to depart the a/c and then toss the a/c over the side to make room for the next diverted plane to land, which did also happen IRL, before you reach saturation like that. Way before the total you are showing in that screen shot.

< Message edited by WaltE1965 -- 12/24/2009 4:24:48 AM >

(in reply to dicand)
Post #: 3
RE: Ships overloaded with aicraft - 12/22/2009 7:29:41 AM   
dicand

Thank you for taking an interest! First: I have no idea, the carriers belong to the AI side and yes the AI has lost many carriers. Not so hard since it overloads them like this. The idea of survivors landing on other carriers is good and accurate but the AI should head straight to port to sort out the overload afterwards?
The patrols the AI sets seems only to take the status of damage as a parameter when continuing/going on patrol , not if the carrier is actually functioning!

(in reply to WaltE1965)
Post #: 4
RE: Ships overloaded with aicraft - 12/22/2009 7:32:09 AM   
michaelm75au

Post a save.
The a/c totals don't add up to 200+

Michael

(in reply to dicand)
Post #: 5
RE: Ships overloaded with aicraft - 12/24/2009 4:02:35 AM   
WaltE1965

I had an issue similar to this before when an aircraft was not carrier capable ( example: the F2G1 Corsair, aka The Super Corsair with the nick named "Corncob" 4360 radial engine ). I managed to get them on my fleet carrier, but they really played hell with the A/C total Counts. Put 10 on a carrier and it counted them as about 18 times that many. It only showed the Squadron with 10 planes, but it put me way, way over the limit the carrier could actually handle ( example: count was 90/172 with only 10 F2G1's onboard ) and it was the only squadron on the carrier.

< Message edited by WaltE1965 -- 12/24/2009 4:15:40 AM >

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 6
RE: Ships overloaded with aicraft - 12/24/2009 7:02:16 AM   
michaelm75au

Non-carrier capable planes count differently to indicate that they aren't designed for carriers.
This is a compromise but the best I can do with the current design.

Michael

(in reply to WaltE1965)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Ships overloaded with aicraft Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI