Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I cannot stop playing this game.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> I cannot stop playing this game. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I cannot stop playing this game. - 6/28/2002 6:42:55 AM   
Echo

God, please, someone help me. My eyes are bleeding.

Peace through superior firepower!
Post #: 1
Re: I cannot stop playing this game. - 6/28/2002 6:59:58 AM   
U2

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Echo
[B]God, please, someone help me. My eyes are bleeding. [/B][/QUOTE]

Its 2am and I'm still playing! Help!:) :D
Dan

(in reply to Echo)
Post #: 2
- 6/28/2002 8:10:48 AM   
AlvinS

We have been assimilated. Resistance is futile.:D

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to Echo)
Post #: 3
- 6/28/2002 9:10:16 AM   
Huskalator

Oh yeah, the "just one more turn" effect has set in big time here.

SW Episode 2:Good movie, bad love story

Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.

(in reply to Echo)
Post #: 4
- 6/28/2002 9:17:28 AM   
Raverdave

You guys should have read the warning on the side of the pack before you opened it! I know how you feel!

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to Echo)
Post #: 5
- 6/28/2002 10:00:00 PM   
thantis

My wife bought a kitchen timer just to limit my game time. When she sees my on the computer playing UV she pulls out the timer, sets it for an hour, and makes sure I get off the computer when the timer goes off.:(

(in reply to Echo)
Post #: 6
YIKES!!! - 6/28/2002 10:10:19 PM   
mogami

Hi, How long do you have to stay off before you can play again?
15-20 minutes?
When you get a little older prehaps she will let you stay up later...oh wait, you said wife I was thinking Momma for some reason (LOL)

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to Echo)
Post #: 7
- 6/28/2002 10:10:57 PM   
Point Luck

My wife is tickled pink that I sitting in my office with my little eyes bugging out. She's gets the large screen TV, the couch and the kitchen. I get to play my game, watch the history channel and take of our new puupy KUJO (Fair Trade Ugh ).

The real problem is I have to play five or six oppnents just keep the flow of turns coming in. I'm still only getting 1-2 hours play time in a day. half of that dedicated to game managment instead of play. No where near enough to support my habit. HELP ME I NEED ANOTHER FIX

(in reply to Echo)
Post #: 8
- 6/28/2002 11:01:00 PM   
zed

These are some things I may suggest to my fellow uv-ers to help take the edge off during those times when we are unable to access our drug of choice:
1- Go over possible strategies(carry a small atlas of the area, or better yet, military maps of the area, ie West point atlas of the Pacific War)
2- Read and reread the rule book, try to memorize as much as possible
3- Reading history books about the period. (ie, Touched by Fire, Fire in the SKy, Samuri, Morisons' History of Naval operations( at least 3 volumes pertain to our game)

(in reply to Echo)
Post #: 9
- 6/28/2002 11:15:48 PM   
AlvinS

I'm leaving on a weeks vacation tomorrow, so I will definitely be going through withdrawls by the end of the week.

I am carrying along a book on the campaign in the south pacific just to keep my spirits up. I guess I'll have to buy a laptop before the next vacation.:D

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to Echo)
Post #: 10
- 6/29/2002 12:07:16 AM   
thantis

I think what got to her was going to sleep at 9pm & waking up in the middle of the night to see me still playing at 3:30 in the morning.

She was :mad:

And I was :eek:

The timer is a compromise........I can only get through about four or five turns before that stupid timer goes off and I have to stop playing.

Of course, divorce would be much more expensive......:rolleyes:

(in reply to Echo)
Post #: 11
- 6/29/2002 12:20:36 AM   
Sabre21

When I was a kid....many moons ago...we used to sneak in and set the clocks back a couple hours just to get my Dad to go to bed early...the trick was resetting the clocks after he went to bed so he wouldn't wake up at 2 in the morning...hehe. We even would go so far as get the neighbors in on this trick just in case he would call them for the time...which he did once.

So...you need to fix that timer....or set the clocks back:)

Andy

(in reply to Echo)
Post #: 12
- 6/29/2002 5:24:51 AM   
MNH1862

Great Game Matrix!....I have been playing computer wargames since 1991.... I have not posted because I am enjoying this game so much....I have many games around my PC but this is the best....My wife hasn't got mad at me yet....hehehehehe....it's only a matter time... my cloaking device is working so far.....hehehehe....

Texans always move em!

(in reply to Echo)
Post #: 13
- 6/29/2002 10:59:58 AM   
Caltone

[I]"As the sound of a 1000 lb bomb crashes into the deck of Hiryu, causing the subwoofer to rumble...."[/I]

Wife: Oh you're playing [U]that[/U] one again? I'm going to bed.

In our 20 years of marriage my wife has bought me exactly 2 games. The first was Myst, which to this day makes a nice coaster. The other was Medal of Honor, bought for my birthday, because she knew I was sad that UV hadn't been released in time for it, even though I had sent a personal plea to Joel :D

Actually she's batting .500 MOH is quite a release when your best laid plans go awry.

(in reply to Echo)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> I cannot stop playing this game. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI