Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anybody know how to program a ladder?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Anybody know how to program a ladder? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anybody know how to program a ladder? - 11/26/2009 7:32:04 PM   
PoorOldSpike

Hi, my mate runs a military discussion/strategy PC gaming website and he needs advice on how to create an automated 'ladder' or 'league table' on which members can report the results of their games against each other, yo-yoing up and down with wins, draws and losses.
I'm almost totally PC-illiterate, so can anybody here help him or point him in the right direction, i'll pass your replies onto him.
Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Anybody know how to program a ladder? - 12/28/2009 11:12:15 AM   
priya678

When a PLC is used primarily to replace relays, timers, and counters, it's hard to beat the simplicity and usefulness of ladder diagram programming. Their ability to accept programming in ladder diagram format is one of the reasons for the success of programmable logic controllers (PLCs) in the industry. The many similarities between the ladder diagrams used to program PLCs and the relay ladder logic formerly used to control industrial systems eased the transition from hardwired relay systems to PLC-based systems for many people in the electrical industry. And, the ability to monitor PLC logic in ladder diagram format also made troubleshooting easier for those already familiar with relay-based control systems. Although there are many higher-level languages now available for PLC programming, the majority of systems are still programmed in ladder diagram format because of these diagram The logic in a ladder diagram typically flows from left to right. The diagram can be divided into sections called rungs, which are roughly analogous to the rungs on a ladder. Each rung typically consists of a combination of input instructions. These instructions lead to a single output instruction; however, rungs containing function block instructions may be more complicated. Each input or output instruction is assigned an address (shown below the instructions in Fig. 1, on page 22) indicating the location in the PLC memory where the state of that instruction is stored. Function block instructions may include one or more addresses to store parameters related to the function that they perform.

(in reply to PoorOldSpike)
Post #: 2
RE: Anybody know how to program a ladder? - 12/28/2009 11:47:40 AM   
PawnPower

Have you looked at Drupal.

http://drupal.org/

There must be other programs for creating websites and forums, try google or one of the other search engines.

(in reply to priya678)
Post #: 3
RE: Anybody know how to program a ladder? - 12/31/2009 10:03:35 AM   
admira

The numerical format of the address depends on the scheme used by the particular manufacturer, and it may be stated in a binary-based numbering system. (See sidebar on page 26.) A name may also be associated with each address (shown above the instruction in Fig. 1) to make the ladder diagram easier to interpret. Types of instructions Ladder diagram programming allows PLCs to perform several different types of tasks, including Boolean logic, timing, counting, arithmetic, and special functions. We'll discuss the basic instructions and function block instructions, which are common to nearly all PLCs. In addition to these instructions, most PLCs support many extended instructions to perform more complicated tasks. Boolean logic. Boolean logic is actually what PLCs and relay systems perform. The legal operations in Boolean logic are AND, OR, and NOT. The AND operation simply means all of the inputs must be ON for the output to be ON; it's analogous to relay contacts connected in series. The OR operation means that the output is ON if at least one of the inputs is ON; it's analogous to relay contacts connected in parallel._______________________________________________________________________mazda air conditioning compressor
mitsubishi shogun cars

(in reply to PoorOldSpike)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Anybody know how to program a ladder? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI