Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Granicus Scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Field of Glory Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Granicus Scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Granicus Scenario - 1/1/2010 6:05:02 PM   
Venator

Granicus Scenario Updated 2/1/10

I've used double streams to represent the fairly broad but fordable Granicus and tried to create the terrain in a way that fits with the configuration of the river (steep banks but some easier angled sections), so essentially level 3 terrain is 'ground level'. I've used 1000 men as standard for heavy foot, 500 for light foot and have cavalry varying between 300 and 500 men, depending on nation. I've excluded the Macedonian units that took no part in the battle (mainly the Greek Allies).

The ordinary phalangites are rated average, hypaspists as superior and the agema hypaspists as elite. Similarly the companion, prodromoi and Thessalian cavalry are superior, save Alexander's guard who are elite. The Thracians are average but other Macedonian auxiliaries are classed as superior (Agranians, Cretans, Paeonians). Hypaspists, following Bosworth who is the best of the modern authorities, are armed with pike.

The Greek mercenaries in Persian service are superior, as are their generals' units. The rest are average. Gien the Greek mercenaries never failed to give Alexander's phalangites a torrid time, they seem too weak in the game engine. It might be worth reclassifying them as elite to make them more robust.

I've broadly followed Bosworth as regards strength, erring toward the upper end for the Persians (20 000 horse and 10 000 Greeks).

Although I've renamed all the Macedonian units, my will failed when it came to the Persians. If we get proper Persian units, I'll redo the scenario.

As time permits, I'll do Issus and maybe the other Alexandrian/Philippian battles.

< Message edited by Venator -- 1/2/2010 5:19:14 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Field of Glory Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Granicus Scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI