Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Intel Reports

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Intel Reports Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 7:17:49 PM   
Nomad

try importing my version 5 region file. the original had a few problems.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 721
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 7:44:10 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

try importing my version 5 region file. the original had a few problems.

That wasn't pretty. I imported your file and almost every location wound up in an "unknown region".

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 722
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 8:00:36 PM   
Nomad

Then something is not right, it should work fine, everyone else has used it.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 723
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 8:15:06 PM   
floydg

Just tried it and it worked.

I had to quit WitPTracker and restart it, since I did see many "Unknown region xx" cells. I guess something in the import didn't take and it needed to be re-read.

Floyd

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 724
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 8:20:59 PM   
Kull

quote:

There was something about the formatting of the v5 file you posted. I was able to import your v4 regions file, and that showed it's indeed a region issue. The "as-built" region file has Mergui, Portsea, and Maryborough (and probably others) all in the Soviet Union! Part of the issue is that I'm comparing the new Witp Tracker csv reports with my AE-Allies setup spreadsheet, and I fixed all the region issues in that a long time ago.

It would probably be a good idea for the "Tracker Team" to delete the old regions file in future releases. Many people are not updating the regions file and as a result they are assuming the Regional Reports are accurate. Which for the most part, they are, but the small discrepancies can be confusing (I just spent half the day trying to figure out what was really going on in Australia!)

< Message edited by Kull -- 1/2/2010 8:22:07 PM >

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 725
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 8:24:36 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

quote:

There was something about the formatting of the v5 file you posted. I was able to import your v4 regions file, and that showed it's indeed a region issue. The "as-built" region file has Mergui, Portsea, and Maryborough (and probably others) all in the Soviet Union! Part of the issue is that I'm comparing the new Witp Tracker csv reports with my AE-Allies setup spreadsheet, and I fixed all the region issues in that a long time ago.

It would probably be a good idea for the "Tracker Team" to delete the old regions file in future releases. Many people are not updating the regions file and as a result they are assuming the Regional Reports are accurate. Which for the most part, they are, but the small discrepancies can be confusing (I just spent half the day trying to figure out what was really going on in Australia!)

Will do.

The as-built version is a poor heuristic that just assigns consecutive bases to the same region and we have some pre-set break points. So if bases that should be in the same region are in different places in the save file, we don't join them up. That's why we added the import function.

Maybe I should set all regions to Unassigned initially to force the user to use a proper assignment... What do you think? I'm a little reluctant to do that for the release I'm about to make (in an hour), so maybe I'll add a warning somewhere in the web pages.

< Message edited by floydg -- 1/2/2010 8:36:01 PM >

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 726
RE: Intel Reports - 1/2/2010 8:46:08 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg
Will do.

The as-built version is a poor heuristic that just assigns consecutive bases to the same region and we have some pre-set break points. So if bases that should be in the same region are in different places in the save file, we don't join them up. That's why we added the import function.

Maybe I should set all regions to Unassigned initially to force the user to use a proper assignment... What do you think? I'm a little reluctant to do that for the release I'm about to make (in an hour), so maybe I'll add a warning somewhere in the web pages.

I agree, "unassigned" would just add confusion for the majority of users. Nomad and I have spent a lot of time working the regions, so maybe he and I should join forces to come up with a thoroughly vetted regions file? He's done a pretty good job of cleaning up the original, but I've noted some questionable (at least in my mind) differences between my designations and his, so perhaps it's best for several sets of eyes to review things and come to a common agreement.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 727
WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/2/2010 10:03:13 PM   
floydg

Happy New Year, all!

Damian and I spent some of our holiday break finishing off a new release of WitPTracker AE. So Release 1.3 sports the following:

New Features:
  • Map Panel: new panel which will either let you select a base from the menus and the map will scroll to them or show search arcs. The map can be scaled to different levels. Note that the map flags may need a new turn to be read to show up properly and search arcs must read in a turn to be able to display, since that data was never stored before.
  • Intel Panel: new panel which will show a tabular view of the information in the sigint text files. The text files are read in when a turn is read in and need to be named with an underscore (_) and the game date and needs to be in the same folder as the save file (except for the multi-turn read, which will also check the parent folder). The panel can be sorted and filtered by turn, intel type, base name and/or unit/ship name.
  • Industry Panel: new chart pop-up from Global tab showing history of production/resources, sorting enhancements, resource history including resources loaded on ships.
  • Task Force Panel: display of resources loaded in details, plus history of loaded resources.
  • LCU Panel: tool tip on location cell showing the date of arrival for reinforcements, Op Mode and filter added to table, HQ filters for sub-ordinate HQs added
  • LCU formation shows pool amount and control to hide devices that have been upgraded.
  • Sunk ship FOW for enemy ships works for the changes in Patch 2.
  • Accelerated engines show up with new date and a new alert.
  • Aircraft Production Panel: handles full screen, new filter for non-Soviet aircraft
  • Base Panel: new filter for bases which lack needed supply

Bugs Fixed:
  • Aircraft models with a maximum load greater than 32767 handled, but the program must be restarted with a fresh database.
  • LCU headquarters type corrected, but the program must be restarted with a fresh database to get the proper field from the save file.
  • Arrows in Pilot training pool history fixed
  • Possible issues with an aircraft with an ID of 600 not being properly counted as Japanese resolved.

Known Issues:
  • If a Task Force is disbanded and a new one is created with the same ID, the history for that TF will not be restarted.
  • Some of the new features and fixes require a restart or load of a new turn, as specified above.

Note: database files (trackerdb files) for release 1.2 are compatible with this new release. When you start the program for the first time, you will see an "Upgrading WitPTracker AE database." message if you have a release earlier than 1.2 and then the program should start up normally.
    To use this release with a database from a release earlier than 1.1, you need to delete the old trackerdb files and start over.

Note: this release adds features which require more memory. If you are not running the program from the witptracker.bat file, you need to be sure that whatever you're using will start up with the memory settings contained in the witptracker.bat file (-Xms384 -Xmx512).

The release also provides two new region-mapping files: Nomad_Region_File_4.txt, which is good for older WitP:AE releases and Nomad_Region_File_5.txt which is good for WitP:AE patch 2. We made some slight changes (deleted the last blank line and changed Continental Us to Continental US). These are also the only region-mapping files now provided.

As usual, the release can be found here.

Floyd and Damian

(in reply to Kull)
  • Post #: 728
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/2/2010 10:31:48 PM   
    Kull

quote:

Damian and I spent some of our holiday break finishing off a new release of WitPTracker AE. So Release 1.3 sports the following....

Excellent!!

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 729
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/2/2010 10:47:34 PM   
    Smeulders

Thanks

(in reply to Kull)
    Post #: 730
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/2/2010 10:58:18 PM   
    Nomad

Great, thank you. All I need now is a turn to test it with.

(in reply to Kull)
    Post #: 731
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/2/2010 11:02:55 PM   
    ny59giants

quote:

Floyd and Damian

A quick look shows a lot of fine effort went into this latest version. However, just one "small" issue. You may need to outsource the graphic presentation under Industry - Production - WITP Chart.

(in reply to Nomad)
    Post #: 732
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/2/2010 11:38:06 PM   
    Kull

quote:

The release also provides two new region-mapping files: Nomad_Region_File_4.txt, which is good for older WitP:AE releases and Nomad_Region_File_5.txt which is good for WitP:AE patch 2. We made some slight changes (deleted the last blank line and changed Continental Us to Continental US). These are also the only region-mapping files now provided.

Nomad and I are going to compare notes on "Regions", and try to come up with a new baseline regions file. To assist with that, I've created a spreadsheet which compares three different region lists: Nomad's v5 file, Kull's AE-Allies setup list, and the default WitP Tracker file. There are 1153 bases, and the areas of agreement are as follows (by spreadsheet code#):

No Agreement (0) = 136
    Complete Agreement (1) = 756
    Kull & Nomad Agree (2) = 139
    Kull & Default Agree (3) = 55
    Default & Nomad Agree (4) = 67

It's not as bad as it looks, since 1 is 66% of the total, while 2 (12%) are all confirmed errors. As for the remaining areas of disagreement, most involve different philosophies as to whether China, Japan, and the Dutch New Guinea should break down into multiple regions. I think it should be pretty easy to go through this and come up with a common approach for the Baseline file that eliminates all the errors.

NOTE: This is really a zip file, so change the extension from .txt to .zip before trying to open it.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 733
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/2/2010 11:44:32 PM   
    Nomad

I have a problem with the sigint. Tracker is looking for asigint_411223.txt but that file doesn't exist yet. I would have to rename the asigint file for it to work and the big problem is if I forget then I can not reread the turn file. This is going to cause a lot of problems, is it possible to have it read the asigint ( or jsigint ) file instead?

(in reply to Kull)
    Post #: 734
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 12:09:44 AM   
    floydg

quote:

I have a problem with the sigint. Tracker is looking for asigint_411223.txt but that file doesn't exist yet. I would have to rename the asigint file for it to work and the big problem is if I forget then I can not reread the turn file. This is going to cause a lot of problems, is it possible to have it read the asigint ( or jsigint ) file instead?

Yeah, I was about to add that functionality, but ran out of steam. I'll put it in the hopper for the next release (along with reading some of the other text files). I may have also missed some of the possible sigint items, as I was only basing things on the files I had.

Floyd

(in reply to Nomad)
    Post #: 735
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 12:10:56 AM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

quote:

Floyd and Damian

A quick look shows a lot of fine effort went into this latest version. However, just one "small" issue. You may need to outsource the graphic presentation under Industry - Production - WITP Chart.

I think this may confirm that Damian made the right career choice not going into graphic design...

(in reply to ny59giants)
    Post #: 736
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 12:13:22 AM   
    eloso

I like the map panel. It would be really cool if the intel panel was integrated with this like it was in Bohdi's utility.

I occasionally get some re-drawing issues while playing with map scaling but its nothing I can't work with.

(in reply to ny59giants)
    Post #: 737
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 12:18:17 AM   
    n01487477

quote:

I've just woken up - & not known for my clarity at this time of day ... why is there no file for this turn ?

(in reply to Nomad)
    Post #: 738
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 12:21:44 AM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: OSO

I like the map panel. It would be really cool if the intel panel was integrated with this like it was in Bohdi's utility.

I occasionally get some re-drawing issues while playing with map scaling but its nothing I can't work with.

Long-term goal is to roll that in there, too.

What kind of re-drawing issues do you see? I only saw cases where changing the scale didn't update the scroll bars properly.

(in reply to eloso)
    Post #: 739
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 12:22:19 AM   
    n01487477

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants
    quote:

Floyd and Damian

I think this may confirm that Damian made the right career choice not going into graphic design...

Too right ... I got a "D" in crayons at Pre-school

quote:

It will be eventually, this is just the first step ...

(in reply to eloso)
    Post #: 740
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 12:28:07 AM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

I've just woken up - & not known for my clarity at this time of day ... why is there no file for this turn ?

I suppose the file hasn't be renamed with the date yet (?).

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 741
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 12:30:36 AM   
    rjopel

Can you give a complete example of what the intel file is supposed to look like in order for it to be read?

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 742
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 12:36:21 AM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjopel

Can you give a complete example of what the intel file is supposed to look like in order for it to be read?

The name needs to be something like asigint_411207.txt.

(in reply to rjopel)
    Post #: 743
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 12:49:11 AM   
    pacificbetta

Hi

Computer idiot needs some help here with setting up the tracker :(

System information:
    Windows 7
    Java version 6 update 17
    installed both vcredist_x64 and x86 that comes with redist dir of the game

When I clicked on the jar executable, nothing happens on screen.

properties jar file is
    quote:

Dir=[C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition]
    GameType=[0]
    Side=[0]
    Password=[abc123]
    SaveFile=[wpae003.pws]
    SaveMode=[0]

Tracker db is
    quote:

#HSQL Database Engine 1.8.0.7
    #Sun Jan 03 08:35:25 SGT 2010
    hsqldb.script_format=0
    runtime.gc_interval=0
    sql.enforce_strict_size=false
    hsqldb.cache_size_scale=8
    readonly=false
    hsqldb.nio_data_file=true
    hsqldb.cache_scale=14
    version=1.8.0
    hsqldb.default_table_type=memory
    hsqldb.cache_file_scale=1
    hsqldb.log_size=200
    modified=yes
    hsqldb.cache_version=1.7.0
    hsqldb.original_version=1.8.0
    hsqldb.compatible_version=1.8.0

I appreaciate the help. Been looking at the game without tracker and it seems that tracker will be most helpful.

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 744
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 12:50:01 AM   
    Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

I think what is happening is I am loading the 12/23/41 turn file but the latest asigint file is for 12/22/41 but Tracker is looking for asigint_411223.txt which doesn't exist. I think you need to open the sig int file for the day before the turn file.

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 745
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 12:52:55 AM   
    hunchback77

quote:

quote:

What kind of re-drawing issues do you see? I only saw cases where changing the scale didn't update the scroll bars properly.

Resizing the map window with right scroll bar and then changing the scale to 12% does it on my computer. The map completely disappears but I can get it back by setting the scale to the 100%, 75% 50% settings. Not a big problem for me.

Thank you Guys, beautiful work. Keep it up.

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 746
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 12:53:05 AM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: pacificbetta

Hi

System information:
    Windows 7
    Java version 6 update 17

properties jar file is
    quote:

GameType=[0]
    Side=[0]
    Password=[abc123]
    SaveFile=[wpae003.pws]
    SaveMode=[0]

Tracker db is
    quote:

hsqldb.script_format=0
    runtime.gc_interval=0
    readonly=false
    hsqldb.cache_scale=14
    version=1.8.0
    hsqldb.log_size=200
    modified=yes

I appreaciate the help. Been looking at the game without tracker and it seems that tracker will be most helpful.

Try running from the witptracker.bat file and see what messages are shown.

(in reply to pacificbetta)
    Post #: 747
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 12:55:34 AM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: hunchback77

quote:

quote:

Resizing the map window with right scroll bar and then changing the scale to 12% does it on my computer. The map completely disappears but I can get it back by setting the scale to the 100%, 75% 50% settings. Not a big problem for me.

Thank you Guys, beautiful work. Keep it up.

You're welcome.

When the map "disappears", can you use the scroll bars to scroll up to the top-most left-most part and see if the (small) map is up there?

(in reply to hunchback77)
    Post #: 748
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 12:57:06 AM   
    pacificbetta

quote:

Try running from the witptracker.bat file and see what messages are shown.

The error message is 'java' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 749
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 12:57:49 AM   
    n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: pacificbetta

Hi

System information:
    Windows 7
    Java version 6 update 17

properties jar file is
    quote:

GameType=[0]
    Side=[0]
    Password=[abc123]
    SaveFile=[wpae003.pws]
    SaveMode=[0]

Tracker db is
    quote:

hsqldb.script_format=0
    runtime.gc_interval=0
    readonly=false
    hsqldb.cache_scale=14
    version=1.8.0
    hsqldb.log_size=200
    modified=yes

Pacificbetta - you need to run from the batch file, so we can see if there are any more errors.
    look here http://sites.google.com/site/witptracker/support about using SysWoW64 to run the batch ...

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 1/3/2010 12:58:59 AM >

(in reply to pacificbetta)
    Post #: 750
    Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Intel Reports Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI