Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HQ Platoons

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> HQ Platoons Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HQ Platoons - 12/1/2009 9:30:35 AM   
osiris_slith

Hi All

I had an idea that I just want to throw out there.

Currently some Companies have a HQ platoon with a strenght of 1. For example a Russian tank company has
1 Command Tank, 3 Platoons of 3 tanks each

however the command tank ussually dies really fast. A 1+2 SP tanks cant kill anything anyway and there only good for giving points to the other side.

Why not incorporate the command tank into one of the platoons: hence it would be a 4-3-3 structure instead of a 1-3-3-3. Because as it is now HQ platoons die really fast. It was actually more difficult to spot the command tank on the field when everyones shooting away with all the smoke and confusion. Same for the German side. A panzer company is 2-5-5-5..why not make it 6-6-5..the CO and XO are going to attach themselves to one of the platoons anyway in the middle of a fight. Even H2H play its pretty easy to spot HQ platoons and take them out..

The only other thing to do is to give the HQ Platoons some kind of extra defence considerations

One note regarding TOES for German PzGd Companies (SPW)-They did not have a 3SP 251/17 AA halftrack for the HQ Platoon. In fact it was only a 1SP 251/17 AA Halftrack. However each PzGd platoon was in theory suppose to have one as per K.St.N.1114c (gp) (fG) (1.7.1944) and K.St.N.1114c (gp) (1.11.1943) The information is available on this website. http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/kstn/kstnmain.htm

the pictures are really cool

Rene

Post #: 1
RE: HQ Platoons - 1/4/2010 10:56:26 PM   
jefferyclark

Sounds like you should make sure and keep your command tanks safe and a little behind the line like regular HQ units

(in reply to osiris_slith)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> HQ Platoons Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI