Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A few words about OBTSFR from absolute beginner in wargaming.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Operation Barbarossa: The Struggle for Russia >> A few words about OBTSFR from absolute beginner in wargaming. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A few words about OBTSFR from absolute beginner in warg... - 1/3/2010 11:43:31 AM   
vsadek

Hello everyone!

I am absolute beginner in this type (turn-based strategy) of games and, by pure accident, OBTSFR is my first try in wargaming. I liked the demo so I bought the full version and I am enjoying it very much from the very beginning. Although, I am a dumb novice and still need some time to fully understand game play and concepts behind it I find this game very playable and a lot of fun, even when I can't finish all the objectives of campaigns/scenarios, but I am improving steadily.

I just want to share my enthusiasm for OBTSFR and thank to all involved in creating it. Job well done. Thanx a lot!
Post #: 1
RE: A few words about OBTSFR from absolute beginner in ... - 1/3/2010 2:25:37 PM   
vonRocko

Hello vsadek,
Welcome to the wonderful world of wargaming! This is a good game to introduce you to the genre. It sounds like you are having fun already. If you have any questions just ask. The forum is full of great people ready to help.
Enjoy

< Message edited by vonRocko -- 1/3/2010 2:26:13 PM >

(in reply to vsadek)
Post #: 2
RE: A few words about OBTSFR from absolute beginner in ... - 1/4/2010 10:24:15 AM   
vsadek

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Hello vsadek,
Welcome to the wonderful world of wargaming! This is a good game to introduce you to the genre. It sounds like you are having fun already. If you have any questions just ask. The forum is full of great people ready to help.
Enjoy

vonRocko thank you for your support. I have found many useful tips on this forum already. Also, I see that Matrix Games has a plenty of other interesting games so I am planning to try some other titles as well.

Wishing all the best in 2010. to everyone!

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 3
RE: A few words about OBTSFR from absolute beginner in ... - 1/7/2010 7:52:20 AM   
RalfZenker

Thanks for your post and a happy new year!

It was our aim that OBTSFR could be also played by unexperienced wargamers - so it seems that we have managed it.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions or need any further hints. Btw: Have you found the small hints in the HQ window?

Ralf Zenker
Binary Evolution Studios

(in reply to vsadek)
Post #: 4
RE: A few words about OBTSFR from absolute beginner in ... - 1/7/2010 8:00:34 PM   
vsadek

Hello Ralf! I am enjoying this game very much and yes … I have found a small hints.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RalfZenker)
Post #: 5
RE: A few words about OBTSFR from absolute beginner in ... - 1/12/2010 8:05:49 AM   
RalfZenker

Yes, these are the ones i have meant.

(in reply to vsadek)
Post #: 6
RE: A few words about OBTSFR from absolute beginner in ... - 1/30/2010 8:35:45 AM   
Obsolete

quote:

...by pure accident, OBTSFR is my first try in wargaming.

Well, I am glad that it wasn't TOAW.  Not that it is a BAD game, but for a average person it is a little over-whelming and I've heard of many people put off war-games just because of that.

It was ironic, since it had won best Wargame of the year in 98 I believe.  Oh boy I'm getting old.

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.

(in reply to RalfZenker)
Post #: 7
RE: A few words about OBTSFR from absolute beginner in ... - 2/8/2010 8:06:27 PM   
vsadek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Obsolete

Well, I am glad that it wasn't TOAW.  Not that it is a BAD game, but for a average person it is a little over-whelming and I've heard of many people put off war-games just because of that.

It was ironic, since it had won best Wargame of the year in 98 I believe.  Oh boy I'm getting old.

Well, in the meantime I've got into TOAW as well – LOL! It didn't put me off from wargaming, on the contrary, I found it fascinating. I know it is an old game, but - I don't mind.

(in reply to Obsolete)
Post #: 8
RE: A few words about OBTSFR from absolute beginner in ... - 2/8/2010 11:46:00 PM   
Obsolete

That seems to be a pretty big jump, in a pretty short time.  If you find yourself mastering it soon enough, come back and then you can teach me a few things perhaps.

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.

(in reply to vsadek)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Operation Barbarossa: The Struggle for Russia >> A few words about OBTSFR from absolute beginner in wargaming. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI