Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

gcb 2 curious

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> gcb 2 curious Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
gcb 2 curious - 1/7/2010 11:38:46 PM   
cchiang

I accidentally discovered this thing called Global Conflict Blue 2.
I installed it, and it looked nice.
I don't care so much for the 3D, so I have it turned off, but other than that the interface is pretty slick.
I was googling around to see if any harpooner had opinion on GCB 2 when compared with Harpoon; however, I only see 3D vs non-3D or beta vs dead conversation...

So I thought I post this here see what other people have to say.

IMHO, GCB has a pretty good user interface, not sure about the accuracy when compared with Harpoon, which is some what important. If accuracy is not important, I mind as well play Command and Conquer editions : )

By the way, I do have Harpoon ANW and CE, and I do enjoy playing them... but there something different about GCB2 (and it's not the 3D).

Post #: 1
Question - 1/8/2010 12:00:53 AM   
hermanhum

I have tried the GCB2 and find it pretty nice (if a bit rough).  The UI is certainly different from ANW.  Their use of sliders instead of values is interesting, but makes it difficult to enter a specific speed.  I think it will be a fine game once they get all the rough edges sanded off.  I was the same as you and turned off the 3D effects right away.

(in reply to cchiang)
Post #: 2
RE: Question - 1/8/2010 9:31:17 PM   
Dagooz

It takes a little getting used to when compared to Harpoon but considering it is a project under development and how good it already is it, it is very promising. Be sure to check out the Red Pill thread as well. Not much info but the screens look very darn good.

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> gcb 2 curious Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI