Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game Manual

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Game Manual Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game Manual - 1/8/2010 2:06:05 AM   
netjam99

I bought WIP Admirals Edition last night, the main reason. WIP was fun several years ago and I could not believe how postitive the community here on the forums are about the game. All is well with the game, loads up and I ran through Coral Sea. However the game manual when I try to open it through the game startup menu or just by going to my task bar gives me a message that 'The file is corrupted and can't be fixed." By the way the other files that appear to be short manuals for some patches or updates are readable.

How do I get ahold of the manual without downloading the game all over again?

PS: I had WIP back four or so years ago so I have the basics down but last night I was already seeing stuff I did not know how to do correctly such as directional search patterns for aircraft tasked with scouting.
Post #: 1
RE: Game Manual - 1/8/2010 3:15:48 AM   
madgamer2

I have not bought AE or can I now due to cost and a limited income.
You might try looking on the CD if you got it and see if the manual is a separate folder from the install icon. If you do not have the CD you might see if you can download the manual from somewhere on the web site. At last resort you might have to reinstall the game.
BTW I hear the manual for AW is almost as 3 times as long as WitP.........A study in itself. Heck at my old age by the time I got through it I would have to read it again due to how much I did not understand or had forgotten....I wish you luck make sure you get all the patch's and updates and hot fix's.

Madgamer

(in reply to netjam99)
Post #: 2
RE: Game Manual - 1/8/2010 4:48:02 AM   
jomni

Check the install directory and manually check the pdf files.
There are two versions of the manual as well (print and ebook) and see which one works.

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Game Manual Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI