Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Disbanded BG returns?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Disbanded BG returns? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disbanded BG returns? - 1/8/2010 3:02:04 AM   
Juniorpop

Hi there. A few friends & I have started playing cc again after finding TLD.

We were big fans of CC5 but gave up on it after countless connection problems that would result in battles being lost .

We've started a GC. On the night turn, a German bg was knocked off the the map & forced to disband.
But on the next turn, there it is again.

Is this a bug? does this always happen? just curious.

Also, we were wondering what the Germans would have to do to achieve victory in the gc.
Does it mean having Bg's left? Or controlling territories?
Or could you "win" by body count?

We were just pondering, since the Germans are supposed to lose, there could be another parameter for victory.

Thanks to anyone that can help!
Post #: 1
RE: Disbanded BG returns? - 1/8/2010 3:05:58 AM   
Vasquez

If the unit was in supply it will try to reform as stated in the manual.

(in reply to Juniorpop)
Post #: 2
RE: Disbanded BG returns? - 1/8/2010 3:10:32 AM   
Juniorpop

Thanks for the quick, yet smart assed response!

I've read through the manual but didnt catch that part. I shall have another look I suppose.

Been playing since CC2, so I wasnt inclined to run straight to the manual before playing.

And I dont remember BG's coming back in the classic CC5. But never did get to far in the campaign due to the crashing issues.

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 3
RE: Disbanded BG returns? - 1/8/2010 4:49:26 AM   
Tejszd

Victory in the GC is determined by control of the maps though some maps are worth more than others....

Here is a good thread to read on map values; http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2274568

(in reply to Juniorpop)
Post #: 4
RE: Disbanded BG returns? - 1/8/2010 5:44:01 AM   
FeurerKrieg

Thanks for posting that link Tejszd - I was going to plug our Score Mod, but you have already done it for me!!

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 5
RE: Disbanded BG returns? - 1/8/2010 8:45:26 AM   
D.Ilse

My current grip and cause a new set of House Rules for my H2H GC, cut off US airbourne can not access armour, esp when they are 3 or so maps from contested beachheads. I was kinda irked, when I saw M4s in the 82nd BGs in the far north of the map, nearer to my fuel dumps than their own.

So I made the new rule about armour.. if there is no link to a armoured unit, no supporting armour for said unit.

when you have a AB unit ground down to support teams by the hard earned efforts of Landsers, it's a bit of a bugger to see airdropped 30ton tanks.

right now I control Omaha and British Beaches with infantry, with 21.Pz right behind the British landings and the 1st BG of the 12th SS moving north to assist the 325nd at Omaha or head further north to assist in the Utah sector.

(in reply to FeurerKrieg)
Post #: 6
RE: Disbanded BG returns? - 1/8/2010 10:43:31 PM   
Tejszd

I guess in the forcepool the tanks are added because historically the ground forces had linked up to the airborne by that date/time.....

(in reply to D.Ilse)
Post #: 7
RE: Disbanded BG returns? - 1/9/2010 12:59:33 AM   
Andrew Williams

That is indeed why... but an interesting conundrum if they don't link up during game play.

maybe a few ran the gauntlet and now suffer from low fuel and ammo

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 8
RE: Disbanded BG returns? - 1/9/2010 1:03:31 AM   
panzerlehr62

quote:

ORIGINAL: Juniorpop

We've started a GC. On the night turn, a German bg was knocked off the the map & forced to disband.

Making sure we are on same page here. German BG returned to the exact map you (allied player) forced it to disband from, and it wasn't a depot map?

If this is what you are saying, this seems to be a issue with the night phase (turn). Ive messed around with the German Bgs before the night turn starts (day 1) by disbanding one so that I could get it to re-appear further back at a depot at the start of turn 1 (in Utah area, was hoping for Carentan). Sure enuff when the first Day turn starts it was right back at the same map were I disbanded it. This tells me as the allied player, if you take out a German BG during the first night turn, I would suggest keeping your BG there for the first day turn to meet them again, else they will get the entire map back and be a possible supply problem for the rest of the GC!

Yes Disbanded BG's do come back the next day, at turn 1, at a open depot map in their area. Even seen them come back with just 1 team left! Also seen the same BG vanish several turns later!

Gz..

< Message edited by panzerlehr62 -- 1/9/2010 2:32:10 AM >

(in reply to Juniorpop)
Post #: 9
RE: Disbanded BG returns? - 1/9/2010 2:39:21 AM   
Juniorpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: panzerlehr62

quote:

ORIGINAL: Juniorpop

Making sure we are on same page here. German BG returned to the exact map you (allied player) forced it to disband from, and it wasn't a depot map?

If this is what you are saying, this seems to be a issue with the night phase (turn). Ive messed around with the German Bgs before the night turn starts (day 1) by disbanding one so that I could get it to re-appear further back at a depot at the start of turn 1 (in Utah area, was hoping for Carentan). Sure enuff when the first Day turn starts it was right back at the same map were I disbanded it. This tells me as the allied player, if you take out a German BG during the first night turn, I would suggest keeping your BG there for the first day turn to meet them again, else they will get the entire map back and be a possible supply problem for the rest of the GC!

Yes Disbanded BG's do come back the next day, at turn 1, at a open depot map in their area. Even seen them come back with just 1 team left! Also seen the same BG vanish several turns later!

Gz..

Yes. On the first night turn, my Osttruppen BG was knocked off the map & forced to disband.
This is on St. Marie Du Mont, and there is no supply depot on that map. On turn 1, the Bg is back & attacking on to that map. It was just a little confusing, we were under the assumption that when a BG was disbanded it was gone forever.

(in reply to panzerlehr62)
Post #: 10
RE: Disbanded BG returns? - 1/9/2010 3:33:34 AM   
panzerlehr62

Yep,

Kinda glad you posted this. I almost did when I first seen it testing opening tactics as the German player months ago. Its only somethg ive seen happen on the very first turn (night turn) of the game. Ive not seen this happen in any other night turns of the GC or any other turns for that matter. There was a similar issue with CC WaR on the opening turn about having a disbanded German BG re-appear again (disbanding before the first turn started, no night turn yet in WaR, basically done to get Peiper BG into battle quicker) and I believe they fixed that with a patch.

Have fun with it, its a great CC game!

Gz

< Message edited by panzerlehr62 -- 1/17/2010 10:47:53 PM >

(in reply to Juniorpop)
Post #: 11
RE: Disbanded BG returns? - 1/9/2010 3:41:24 AM   
Andrew Williams

Are you running the 07 patch?

Patch readme

< Message edited by Andrew Williams -- 1/9/2010 3:42:49 AM >

Post #: 12
RE: Disbanded BG returns? - 1/9/2010 3:52:00 AM   
panzerlehr62

quote:

ORIGINAL: D.Ilse

right now I control Omaha and British Beaches with infantry, with 21.Pz right behind the British landings and the 1st BG of the 12th SS moving north to assist the 325nd at Omaha or head further north to assist in the Utah sector.

Moving the 12SS west toward the Utah sector is an interesting tactic. I hope you will post a follow-up for us on how that works out in your GC.

Gz...

(in reply to D.Ilse)
Post #: 13
RE: Disbanded BG returns? - 1/9/2010 4:07:55 AM   
panzerlehr62

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

Patch readme

Hello Andrew,

German BG disband wasn't fixed with patch 7 (says Allied was, havn't tested that). Just ran another test to make sure I was using patch 7 and the German BG (795Ost) came right back turn 1, day 1 at St. Marie du Mont map with only a small area around Exit 2.

Gz...

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 14
RE: Disbanded BG returns? - 1/9/2010 4:12:39 AM   
Juniorpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

Patch readme

Yes its .07 patch.

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 15
RE: Disbanded BG returns? - 1/9/2010 4:54:15 AM   
Andrew Williams

Just checked and it's still listed as an outstanding bug.

(in reply to Juniorpop)
Post #: 16
RE: Disbanded BG returns? - 1/9/2010 6:17:18 AM   
D.Ilse

quote:

ORIGINAL: panzerlehr62

quote:

ORIGINAL: D.Ilse

Moving the 12SS west toward the Utah sector is an interesting tactic. I hope you will post a follow-up for us on how that works out in your GC.

Gz...

Well it's 1:16am EST, and the GC continues at 1:30am til we get tired.

I'll try to get some screens tonight while we are at it.

Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Disbanded BG returns? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI