Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Safari Bloodbath

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Safari Bloodbath Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Safari Bloodbath - 1/9/2010 6:10:22 AM   
mynameissean

So I cleared out the sector in the first mission, and I went over to the Safari map. The only problem is, everyone's dead when I arrive. I can see Arvy and a bunch of civillians dead on the ground. I tried reloading and going there a couple times, but same thing each time. Do I need to start over to get this level to work correctly?

Thanks,
Sean
Post #: 1
RE: Safari Bloodbath - 1/9/2010 2:47:45 PM   
Hard Sarge

how long is it taking you to get there ?

I have never seen this happen, but you are on a time limit

(welcome in)

(in reply to mynameissean)
Post #: 2
RE: Safari Bloodbath - 1/9/2010 8:12:56 PM   
mynameissean

I took about a day to get there, so it's day 2, around noon.  I went to the roadblock first and cleared out a bunch of soldiers, and then stopped for half a day to doctor my mercs.  I tried reloading an older savegame before I fought the roadblock and just went straight to Safari, and still the same thing.  I enter the sector, instantly get a bunch of messages about how woman is dead, man is dead, things like that, and then 'sector clear'. 

(Thanks, it's definitely a fun game!)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 3
RE: Safari Bloodbath - 1/11/2010 2:02:25 PM   
Hard Sarge

that is odd, you may have something corrupted, you do kind of need to get that first mission out of the way (you get money and what not for saving them, and or, you could open up the pirate side of the game, by killing them off)

do you get a email from your boss after the sector is cleared ?

(you may need a fresh install ?)

hmmm, you say you cleared out the first sector ?

you killed the Merks and the Soldiers ? did you talk to the contact there ?

(in reply to mynameissean)
Post #: 4
RE: Safari Bloodbath - 1/12/2010 2:18:20 AM   
Reinforce

You can have them all get killed if you don't get there on the very first day. You should get an E-mail about how your boss is disapointed in you about it but there's other ways to get what he wants. Can't recall what the mail says.. I think it's a list of targets but you lose out on that missions money and that'll put a hurt on your mer teams cash flow.

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 5
RE: Safari Bloodbath - 12/4/2010 6:42:32 PM   
Anthropoid

Is it possible to actually succeed in the mission to get the papers from Arvy?

I've killed all the marauders, didn't have any civi casualties nor any in my squad. I go up to Arvy and he tells me he gave the papers to Msafiri.

I go to Msafiri and he tells me "Arvy is a bad man, blah, blah" and I have two choices: 1. I'm getting paid, don't meddle. or 2. Yeah, we could say he (Arvy) got killed in the firefight.

If I pick (1) then nothing happens as far as I can tell. If I pick (2) nothing happens as far as I can tell. What is the trick here?

ADDIT: actually, after you tell Msafiri not to meddle and you exit the Safari map, you immediately get a message from Janus telling you congratulations for succeeding.

< Message edited by Anthropoid -- 12/4/2010 10:31:40 PM >

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Safari Bloodbath Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI