Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Da Babes Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Da Babes Mod Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Da Babes Mod - 12/28/2009 10:30:00 PM   
hunchback77

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

Hey, where can I download this mod?

Hi Historiker, a link to the forum page is below.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2324472

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 241
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/3/2010 7:49:24 AM   
scalp

Thanks for you wonderful mod.
I ve got only one question,is it already playable in PBEM ?

(in reply to hunchback77)
Post #: 242
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/4/2010 4:00:06 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: scalp
Thanks for you wonderful mod.
I ve got only one question,is it already playable in PBEM ?

Absolutely. Works just like Scen001 or Scen006, just has more goodies. Can be played PBEM or against the AI.

http://witp.tylerroguedesigns.com/
In the Goodies section under What's New and Scenarios.

Enjoy.

(in reply to scalp)
Post #: 243
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/4/2010 7:59:59 PM   
oldman45

Back to the dry docks, I have noticed that since the game is treating the dry docks as repair ships, when they are in the ship yard it appears that it ignores the shipyard assests when figuring how long it takes to do a repair. Is that a limitation of the program or something that can be looked at?

By the way, I am loving this mod!!!

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 244
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/4/2010 8:18:47 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldman45

Back to the dry docks, I have noticed that since the game is treating the dry docks as repair ships, when they are in the ship yard it appears that it ignores the shipyard assests when figuring how long it takes to do a repair. Is that a limitation of the program or something that can be looked at?

Not sure I follow this. But yes, ARDs are treated as repair ships (that's why we chose ARD instead of AFD or ABSD, etc). And also yes, ARD are not used when a ship is being repaired in an "actual" shipyard - they are meant to provide shipyard capabilty when none is available.

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 245
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/4/2010 8:20:40 PM   
JWE

quote:

A floating drydock ain't a shipyard, Bro.

And Thanks.

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 246
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/4/2010 8:31:05 PM   
oldman45

I know boss, if I would think about my question a little longer before posting it might work better

To try again, lets use the example of PH with her shipyard. YFD-2 is there and its my contention it would use the shipyard assets to do repairs so the calculation of how long it will take will be based on all the assests including the shipyard. The dock I moved to a foward base only has a repair ship and naval squads so it correctly uses the repair ship/squads to calculate how long it will take to fix the ship. Can the program include the shipyard (when available) to calculate repairs or is it only the dock and AR. Or am I completly confused how this works.

Thanks

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 247
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/4/2010 8:46:07 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

I know boss, if I would think about my question a little longer before posting it might work better

To try again, lets use the example of PH with her shipyard. YFD-2 is there and its my contention it would use the shipyard assets to do repairs so the calculation of how long it will take will be based on all the assests including the shipyard. The dock I moved to a foward base only has a repair ship and naval squads so it correctly uses the repair ship/squads to calculate how long it will take to fix the ship. Can the program include the shipyard (when available) to calculate repairs or is it only the dock and AR. Or am I completly confused how this works.

Thanks

Sorry No. Its either shipyard or floating drydock. I understand that a case could be made for combining them, but no code to do it has been made.

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 248
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/4/2010 9:05:44 PM   
oldman45

Thanks, perhaps a bribe of the appropriate adult beverage(s) would help get code added one day

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 249
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/4/2010 9:40:08 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

Thanks, perhaps a bribe of the appropriate adult beverage(s) would help get code added one day

Not by me, I'm no longer doing that. Wouldn't turn down the beverage however. A nice Springbank Cask strength at about 15 years would do.

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 250
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/4/2010 9:42:51 PM   
JWE

quote:

Large amounts of negotiable securities work like a champ. Small bills, with non-consequitive serial numbers appreciated.

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 251
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/4/2010 11:18:48 PM   
chesmart

JWE and Don Just PM your account details and I will send you what you have requested from my bank in Nigeria. Thanks for the mod and your work on AE.Can I cut and paste some of your ideas guys for my mod ?

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 252
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/5/2010 1:10:34 AM   
oldman45

Is this what you had in mind Don

Springbank Cask

Not sure how much I can help you there JWE, the IRS is still concerned about my capital gains I took a few years ago. Seems they didn't care for my math.

< Message edited by oldman45 -- 1/5/2010 1:11:23 AM >

(in reply to chesmart)
Post #: 253
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/5/2010 2:23:27 PM   
Historiker

Hey John,
is there any chance that you revise the building dates of the ships to the time the work on them actually stopped? Work on Yamato was finished on 16th december 1941, while it isn't completed before may 1942 in the game.
I know, this date includes testing, evalutation, training etc - and so is correct. BUT, the Jap player has to pay (via industry) as if this ship is still under construction on the slip.
As a solution, one might let the ship be completed with 1 speed and 1 endurance and an immediate upgrade to its correct dates. This upgrade then lasts the time which was used for testing, training etc. In case of the Yamato, the upgrade would take 180 days.

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 254
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/5/2010 3:05:13 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

Is this what you had in mind Don

Springbank Cask

Not sure how much I can help you there JWE, the IRS is still concerned about my capital gains I took a few years ago. Seems they didn't care for my math.

Springbank yes, but I recommend that you always get Cask Strength (100 proof or slightly more). Distillers generally release the best stuff at cask strength. You can add water to run it down to the 80-86 proof range.

Now, please tell me what are these Capital Gains of which you speak?

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 255
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/5/2010 3:14:44 PM   
oldman45

Its a long story and perhaps one day if I ever head back to Texas, you can share a wee drop of Springbank and I will tell you my sad tale of Capital Gains and the IRS.

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 256
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/5/2010 3:38:16 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

Its a long story and perhaps one day if I ever head back to Texas, you can share a wee drop of Springbank and I will tell you my sad tale of Capital Gains and the IRS.

OK, but by the second bottle I'll be boring you with the sand tale of my Capital Losses.

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 257
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/5/2010 4:13:12 PM   
oldman45

So to change how a drydock is looked at in a shipyard vs a forward deployed base is a code issue and cannot be done with a script?

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 258
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/5/2010 4:34:00 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

So to change how a drydock is looked at in a shipyard vs a forward deployed base is a code issue and cannot be done with a script?

Not quite sure what is meant with these caveats.

A floating Dry dock and a shipyard are 100% different by code and have no interaction whatever. An ARD works the way it works wthout regard to presence of a shipyard and a shipyard does not assist ARD repairs in any way. A shipyard works the way it works without regrad to presence of an ARD and an ARD does not assist shipyard repairs in any way.

If you have an ARD in a base that also contains a shipyard you have two separate repair options. One ship can use one, another ship the other, but no ship can use both.

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 259
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/5/2010 6:34:01 PM   
JWE

quote:

Hey John,
is there any chance that you revise the building dates of the ships to the time the work on them actually stopped? Work on Yamato was finished on 16th december 1941, while it isn't completed before may 1942 in the game.
I know, this date includes testing, evalutation, training etc - and so is correct. BUT, the Jap player has to pay (via industry) as if this ship is still under construction on the slip.
As a solution, one might let the ship be completed with 1 speed and 1 endurance and an immediate upgrade to its correct dates. This upgrade then lasts the time which was used for testing, training etc. In case of the Yamato, the upgrade would take 180 days.

Hi Torsten,
Unfortunately, no. We are trying to keep the mod (the Lite version, anyway) as close as possible to stock, because if it works as we expect, the sun shines, the creek don't rise, and we are very convincing, some of the things we are doing may (just 'may') find their way into the stock game and scenarios.

Therefore, we have to stick as closely as possible to those dates and times that the majority of consumers have come to expect. It's just not possible to get fancy with non-standard upgrade/conversion options, especially for a ship as visible and important as Yamato.

You have a valid proposition, and will give you all the help and support you wish, but will have to be in the context of your mod. I really hope you understand.

J

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 260
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/5/2010 8:37:04 PM   
oldman45

I see what your saying Don, thanks!

My life in the navy was on tenders and repair facilitys so I have a thing for the drydocks you all added. I was the "naval support" squad you have in the game. It was called NSSF New London There were 2 drydocks there, plus the ship yard down the river along with a tender. So if a boat came in, for a major job in a dock, you would count the "squads" NSSF and perhaps the shipyard (they would support major work with engineers and/or workers. If the tender had a difficult job we would send a team over to them to assist. This is why I thought there should be a slightly different method to repair. Does this all make sense?

I know the game doesn't calculate it like that but it would be nice if it did.

BTW, there was a website that sells casks of whiskey buy a cask Not that I am trying to influence you or anything

< Message edited by oldman45 -- 1/6/2010 4:40:50 PM >

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 261
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/5/2010 10:26:16 PM   
Central Blue

I am having lots of fun with this mod. Whatever AI script is running doesn't seem to feature pernicious Japanese subs against commercial vessels on the left coast, so I haven't had to send USCG cutters out yet -- but I am having all kinds of fun *slowly* nursing a pair of Dutch ARDs out of Soerabaja with a pair of YO's. I think I am beginning to understand what John means when he says "woof."

I won't pretend to understand much of the preceding discussion (edit -- about ARDs that is), but they ought to be useful for sub repairs if I can get them to Perth.

< Message edited by Central Blue -- 1/5/2010 10:29:25 PM >

USS St. Louis firing on Guam, July 1944. The Cardinals and Browns faced each other in the World Series that year

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 262
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/5/2010 10:59:01 PM   
oldman45

You will need an AR with them.

(in reply to Central Blue)
Post #: 263
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/6/2010 3:12:55 AM   
Central Blue

quote:

You will need an AR with them.

Not to worry -- they move a lot faster -- and have been at Fremantle for a while now.

Moving those ARDs, with their dinky cruising range, was more of a test to see what I could make happen.

USS St. Louis firing on Guam, July 1944. The Cardinals and Browns faced each other in the World Series that year

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 264
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/6/2010 3:26:03 AM   
oldman45

off the top of my head, if they are YD's they are really not ment to be moved, obviously you can but if your playing against the AI, you should be able to hold Java and parts of Sumatra.

Post #: 265
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/6/2010 10:58:03 AM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

quote:

Hey John,

Hi Torsten,
Unfortunately, no. We are trying to keep the mod (the Lite version, anyway) as close as possible to stock, because if it works as we expect, the sun shines, the creek don't rise, and we are very convincing, some of the things we are doing may (just 'may') find their way into the stock game and scenarios.

Therefore, we have to stick as closely as possible to those dates and times that the majority of consumers have come to expect. It's just not possible to get fancy with non-standard upgrade/conversion options, especially for a ship as visible and important as Yamato.

You have a valid proposition, and will give you all the help and support you wish, but will have to be in the context of your mod. I really hope you understand.

J

Ok, thank you for the answer.

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 266
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/7/2010 3:06:17 AM   
Central Blue

quote:

but if your playing against the AI, you should be able to hold Java and parts of Sumatra.

I was able to do that in WITP after learning the AI. Learning the AI in this game is a little tougher. The particular script I am playing against this time did not feature a total hosing by the KB death star like three or four previous starts have.

Only two carriers came against Java, and two more seem to be supporting operation in the Celebes -- so I was able to hurt two of his carriers at considerable cost to my Commonwealth/Dutch fighters -- not too mention the evaporation of torpedo bombers and pilots. And playing with max-variable reinforcements, I don't think I can count on American P40's to beef up Sumatra before I feel the need to evac the Commonwealth air assets, if it isn't too late. But, it's a possibility given the way he is hitting Port Moresby in this script, and moving a little more slowly and piecemeal elsewhere. I am not immune to the lure of changing plans and building on existing opportunities to slow him down in 41-42.

Still, preserving the Dutch colonial possessions is not as interesting to me trying to see how well I can build forces to establish a decent operational tempo in SOPAC and SWPAC. I am trying to learn lessons so that I can try a PBEM when the Full Babe comes out, and I won't want to play a Nippon fan boy that can't take the DEI if he wants it, so I am practicing PP managment, etc.

quote:

off the top of my head, if they are YD's they are really not ment to be moved

"the impossible takes a little more time."

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 267
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/7/2010 3:13:06 AM   
oldman45

quote:

ORIGINAL: Central Blue

"the impossible takes a little more time."

Ok, I will give you that one

Post #: 268
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/10/2010 2:49:34 PM   
bsq

Don, JWE

16 Aug 42 in Da Babes (Senario 27) playing allies against IJ AI - the Soviets activated??

Is this for here or for the AI thread.

Can't see the trigger but would guess its the garrison level?

< Message edited by bsq -- 1/10/2010 3:17:19 PM >

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 269
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/10/2010 7:32:24 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: bsq
Don, JWE

16 Aug 42 in Da Babes (Senario 27) playing allies against IJ AI - the Soviets activated??

Is this for here or for the AI thread.

Can't see the trigger but would guess its the garrison level?

Don't know quite what to say bsq. The only things we tweaked for the Lite scenarios were Class and Ship files - and certain portions of the Device file which would have no effect on any garrison values. We purposely did nothing to the LCUs in order that the AI would act nominally.

Perhaps it is the garrison level, but there is nothing in the scenario that modifies this in any way from its basis, Scen006.

While Da Babes is not "official", we do have a small window of opportunity to look at regular stuff. If you wish, please post a savegame on Tech Support and we will look. If it's verblungered for 027, it might be verblungered for 006, as well. Please post that it is Da Babes that you are concerned about.

(in reply to bsq)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Da Babes Mod Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI