Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

XFL Rules?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> XFL Rules? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
XFL Rules? - 11/25/2009 10:24:27 AM   
tango602

Is there any way to get the XFL's rules in the game?
Post #: 1
RE: XFL Rules? - 11/25/2009 5:34:24 PM   
hack153

there are no set XFL rules. however, you can adjust the rules/settings to reflex that of the XFL (or pretty close). the only thing you can't do is the scramble.

for the game's "unofficial" forum go to http://www.maxmykal.com/

you'll find a ton more board activity there and lots of free game add-ons. i think of it as the place for the hard core fans.

UPFL is in the off season...
United Premier Football League

(in reply to tango602)
Post #: 2
RE: XFL Rules? - 11/25/2009 8:35:44 PM   
Mykal

to add to what Hack has wrote

in our "user created" area (over at maxmykal.com)
their is a utility for the XFL Scramble

But dont ask me how it works........... I dont even know what the "Scramble" is period

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 3
RE: XFL Rules? - 11/28/2009 4:30:11 PM   
tango602

thanks, will be shortly appearing at maxmykal.com and will be bugging mother to get me the game

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 4
RE: XFL Rules? - 11/29/2009 9:49:03 PM   
admiral66

Mykal,
The infamous "XFL scramble" took the place of the coin toss. The ball was placed on the 40-yard line and one player from each team lined up at midfield. The ref blew the whistle and the players scrambled to the ball with the player coming up with the ball winning the scramble and had the choice of kicking or receiving. This lasted all of one week I believe, as one player dislocated his shoulder after the scramble and was gone for the year!

(in reply to tango602)
Post #: 5
RE: XFL Rules? - 11/29/2009 10:20:10 PM   
DONMVP

your right about a player getting hurt , not sure how long he was out. I thought that was the dumbest thing ever created.

(in reply to admiral66)
Post #: 6
RE: XFL Rules? - 1/12/2010 11:06:47 PM   
Magnum357

Ya, the "XFL Scramble" rule was probably not a good rule.    But the XFL had a few other interesting rules.  If I remember correctly, on punts, the ball was live if it traveled 25 yards past the LOS (or something like that) so teams couldn't "down" the ball if no receiver catched it, it basically "forced" a return.  And the punting team could not run past the LOS until the ball was punted and the punt return player had a 5 yard halo before he caught the ball, this was suppose to create a wider open punt return game.  Out of all the rules the XFL had, I thought this was probably the best they came up with.

They had a few others if I remember.  You were allowed to have one receiver (flanker) to go forward motion before the snap, but this was basically a copy of AFL/CFL rules.  The XFL had an interesting Overtime rules, it was similar to college OT but it had some unique twists to it.  Can't remember how it went.

< Message edited by Magnum357 -- 1/12/2010 11:07:23 PM >

(in reply to DONMVP)
Post #: 7
RE: XFL Rules? - 1/18/2010 4:09:25 AM   
Tbird

Minus all the Drama

This was a decent league,  I think McMahon should've kept his mouth shut too

< Message edited by Tbird -- 1/18/2010 4:12:25 AM >

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 8
RE: XFL Rules? - 6/2/2011 1:31:10 AM   
Marauders

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magnum357
But the XFL had a few other interesting rules.  If I remember correctly, on punts, the ball was live if it traveled 25 yards past the LOS (or something like that) so teams couldn't "down" the ball if no receiver catched it, it basically "forced" a return.  And the punting team could not run past the LOS until the ball was punted and the punt return player had a 5 yard halo before he caught the ball, this was suppose to create a wider open punt return game.  Out of all the rules the XFL had, I thought this was probably the best they came up with.

That is a lot like the CFL rules for punts.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 9
RE: XFL Rules? - 7/1/2011 12:52:44 AM   
Brockleigh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

That is a lot like the CFL rules for punts.

Well, sort of.

The CFL punting rules are an offshoot of the game's rugby days. As such, on a punting play, the punter, and anyone on the kicking team who is behind the punter at the time of the kick, is onside and can recover the kicked ball. All other players on the kicking team must respect the five-yard 'halo' around the ball. Violation of the five-yard zone is punishable by a five yard "No Yards" penalty if the ball was fielded off the ground, or a fifteen yard "No Yards" penalty if the ball was fielded in the air.

It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> XFL Rules? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI