Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Group HQ Leader Effects - attached or in-range?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Air Group HQ Leader Effects - attached or in-range? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Group HQ Leader Effects - attached or in-range? - 1/17/2010 9:38:32 AM   
SeethingErmine

I've read a few different threads talking about leader skills and their effects, and at least a couple sources suggested the Air skill of an HQ leader may impact an air group:

quote:

AIR:
air roll by group leader effects number of strike aircraft that fly
air roll by air HQ leader effects number of strike aircraft that fly
air roll by air HQ leader effects number of patrol aircraft that fly

-----

Air Headquarters

Select leaders on the basis of these priorities:
• High Air Skill - This influences the number of strike and patrol aircraft that will fly.

If this is the case, then I wanted to see what the feeling was regarding the source of this effect. Is the HQ unit (and leader) that the air group is attached to providing this benefit, or is it determined by whatever HQ the air group happens to be operating within the command radius of on the map? Manual section 8.1.1 seems a unclear on this point, talking about both command range and a unit benefiting from "its" HQ.

I'm playing through my first campaign, and trying to understand if I should spend political points to assign air groups to the HQs they are operating near. (Does it matter if the air group is still assigned to a rear area command with lower skills?) I'm also wondering if the starting leader of the 11th Air Fleet, who has great skill ratings, would be better employed elsewhere because no air groups are attached directly to it. (Are his skills benefiting air groups based in the HQ command range?)

Edit: Added "Leader" to title for clarification.

I read the latest information on this thread - HQ Discussion - and it sounds like everything the HQ does is just command range based. That suggests any HQ leader-derived benefits (if there are any) would be based on location as well, rather than the unit/command hierarchy.

< Message edited by SeethingErmine -- 1/17/2010 10:22:21 AM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Air Group HQ Leader Effects - attached or in-range? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI