Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Version

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> New Version Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Version - 1/14/2010 11:58:00 PM   
Russboy

Hi All,

Just joined your forum I wanted to know if there is any plan to make a modern version of John Tillers Campaign Series?

These are the things I'm Looking for if someone else has already released a similar game.

1 same level of operation and time period WWII as JTCS

2 same variation in troop and vehicle type

3 ALL typical WWII theatres pacific,med,eastern europe etc

4 random battle generator allowing use of all units and factions

5 Perhaps the ability to fight small engagements like in the tutorials with just a handfull of units.

Basically I'm just looking for a 2000 version of the same game but with better graphics, sound, battle generator all in one package rather than 3 split releases. (even 3 releases would be good)

I know I'm probably asking alot but the game is fantastic I just think a new version should be considerd
Post #: 1
RE: New Version - 1/15/2010 12:27:00 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russboy

Basically I'm just looking for a 2000 version of the same game but with better graphics, sound, battle generator all in one package rather than 3 split releases. (even 3 releases would be good)

I know I'm probably asking alot but the game is fantastic I just think a new version should be considerd

Not any time soon, no.

We are presently working on Modern Wars: Volume I which will function similarily to the Campaign Series, but based on the Middle East and Vietnam.

The Campaign Series will be continually UPDATED though, the next 1.05 UPDATE expected sometime this year.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Russboy)
Post #: 2
RE: New Version - 1/15/2010 6:27:33 AM   
V22 Osprey

quote:

Hi All,

Just joined your forum I wanted to know if there is any plan to make a modern version of John Tillers Campaign Series?

These are the things I'm Looking for if someone else has already released a similar game.

5 Perhaps the ability to fight small engagements like in the tutorials with just a handful of units.

I know I'm probably asking alot but the game is fantastic I just think a new version should be considered

Well, the current Matrix edition has all this, plus it seems the game is already going in a modern direction.It's being updated, all countries I'm sure would be usable in the battle generator eventually, and I have no problem having them as separate games, as there is some many scenarios I think it is best to keep them separate anyway.Plus, I consider the graphics already to be pretty well done compared to other wargames, so I'm pretty happy the way they are.Point is, I just don't see the point of re-doing the whole game when you could just improve on what we already have.The Matrix version is already a quantum leap forward compared to the old Talonsoft versions.

Art by rogueusmc.

(in reply to Russboy)
Post #: 3
RE: New Version - 1/17/2010 1:13:59 AM   
bshirt7

quote:

ORIGINAL: V22 Osprey

quote:

Hi All,

5 Perhaps the ability to fight small engagements like in the tutorials with just a handful of units.

I know I'm probably asking alot but the game is fantastic I just think a new version should be considered

Well, the current Matrix edition has all this, plus it seems the game is already going in a modern direction.It's being updated, all countries I'm sure would be usable in the battle generator eventually, and I have no problem having them as separate games, as there is some many scenarios I think it is best to keep them separate anyway.Plus, I consider the graphics already to be pretty well done compared to other wargames, so I'm pretty happy the way they are.Point is, I just don't see the point of re-doing the whole game when you could just improve on what we already have.The Matrix version is already a quantum leap forward compared to the old Talonsoft versions.

Ahhh.....the very finest music to my ears. I need to get this game asap as I've never really gotten over how outrageously great EFII was.

Please tell me what improvements in general Matrix has made from the Talonsoft version? I really would like to know.

Also, if possible, what ever happened to the original Talonsoft designers? I wish them nothing but the very, very best.

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 4
RE: New Version - 1/19/2010 9:13:01 PM   
clifford1944

I just fired up the old gold edtion of EF2 and looked at the big Stalingrad scenario and man is it ever good old vintage Stalingrad street fighting.  Downright pretty.

I am buying the Matrix version right away.  Bless you hard working Matrix boys!! 

A little time on the Eastern Front will clear his head. General Burkhalter

(in reply to bshirt7)
Post #: 5
RE: New Version - 1/22/2010 12:52:21 PM   
CaptainHuge

Jason, can you confirm what countries you will be adding to the battle generator for version 1.05?

(in reply to Russboy)
Post #: 6
RE: New Version - 1/22/2010 4:01:31 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: CaptainHuge

Jason, can you confirm what countries you will be adding to the battle generator for version 1.05?

Not at this time, no.

Eventually, the plan is that they will all be included though.

Jason Petho

(in reply to CaptainHuge)
Post #: 7
RE: New Version - 1/22/2010 10:32:01 PM   
Josh

"Eventually, the plan is that they will all be included though"

All? Amazing. So I can play with a Dutch OOB, bicycles and WWI guns? Cool.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 8
RE: New Version - 1/23/2010 9:00:47 AM   
baltjes

Hello Josh,

With the latest version of John Tillers' Combat Series ( Matrix' version 1.04), it is quite possible to play with a Dutch OOB already. In the games depot of the Wargamer website (www.wargamer.com) you will find a number of scenario's on the May 1940 battles from a.o. Erwin van Muilwijk, Huib Versloot and myself (under 'westfront' or 'westfront with sea lion expansion').

At the moment I am playtesting a large scenario (NL40 east) on the German assault on- and the fightings in the eastern part of the Netherlands in May '40, including the rivercrossings over Rhine, IJssel and Maas with 'armoured' trains and German commando units (Brandenburger). Also the (total) Grebbe line and (total) Peel-Raam line (Battle at Mill) are included. The release is actually halted by the necessity to write down an extensive Designer's and Players' Notes due to a number of 'special features' this scenario got in order to make it - at least at the start and during the early turns - as authentic as possible.

If you want to have a rather accurate OOB of the Duch army in May 1940 (the OOB in version 1.04 is incorrect and confusing), please contact me at h.j.baltjes @kpnmail.nl

Hajo Baltjes

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 9
RE: New Version - 1/23/2010 2:25:17 PM   
junk2drive

Baltjes, I hope the 1.05 update, with hopefully updates to West Front, does not disturb your project.

(in reply to baltjes)
Post #: 10
RE: New Version - 1/23/2010 3:37:17 PM   
baltjes

Hello junk2drive,

Thank you for your concern! I don't hope so. However, it does not worry me much if the 1.05 version is restricted to the correction of obvious errors and the adition for play-options (e.g. assult rules). And if it is not....well, its all in the game so to speak. I Have seen that before. I wished I had version 1.04 when launching scenario's like 'OVERLORD' and 'Operation Market Garden'. Especially for the later it would have been better to use real Char B flamethrouwers, to give Hauptsturmführer Gräbner its own Humber in stead of an Italian look alike and to spread some piats, bazooka's and panzerfäuste amongst the British, American and German units respectively. But anyway, it is the consequence of designing large (huge) scenario's; to redo them is quite a lot of work (this is an understatement!). But who knows, perhaps some time in future? At the moment I suffer a little from battle fatigue with those earlier mentioned scenario's and will concentrate on the present NL40 east. After that there will come NL40 west; Grebbeline plus Fortress Holland (Den Haag, Rotterdam, Dordrecht, Moerdijk and that kind of stuff) and NL40 north, the advance of the German 1st Cavallery Division through the northern part of my country, ending with the batlle for Kornwerderzand (the entrance to the Afsluitdijk).

Hajo Baltjes

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> New Version Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI