Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

download error spwaw

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> download error spwaw Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
download error spwaw - 6/14/2002 11:02:27 AM   
rja4

Hi:

I am new to the site. I downloaded the full version of spwaw from the US site twice. Both times it downloaded ok but I received an error message when unzipping:

bad CRC 8fcb41f7 (should be 6eb569e9)

Any ideas what I need to do to be able to downlaod and open the game?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
- 6/14/2002 8:07:37 PM   
Supervisor

Try a different site, or try at an off time. The Sweden site I believe has a very good tranfer rate. Unfortunately if the download is corrupted there is not much that can be done. If your really interested in the game you could purchase one of the MegaCampaigns from the Matrix Store, either Operation Watchtower or Lost Victories, both of these come with full installation of SPWAW 7.0 built in and you would just have to apply the 7.1 patch. Don't give up, it will be well worth the effort.

(in reply to rja4)
Post #: 2
- 6/15/2002 12:21:15 AM   
Jim1954

I would recommed that you go ahead and get the LV megacampaign. If you like this game and 24.99 is cheap entertainment these days btw, you need to get these megacampaigns while they are still available. Already very difficult to find MCNA.

(in reply to rja4)
Post #: 3
- 6/15/2002 6:31:23 AM   
Supervisor

He just emailed me and told me he bought the LV MegaCamapign. A very wise choice.

(in reply to rja4)
Post #: 4
- 7/3/2002 10:09:41 PM   
Raider1065

So ALL of the megacampaigns come with SpWaW?

Just curious because I've also been unable to get this download to work (it crashes the extraction wizard trying to unzip it), and was thinking about getting a megacampaign, but the only one that specificially mentions coming with SpWaW is the Desert Fox one, which is discontinued and had the earlier version of SPWaW, and of course it won't do me much good to get any of the other megacampaigns if I don't have the game itself.

So are you sure that even the Lost Victories mc comes SPWaW too? 'Cause if so that seems like it would allow me to avoid having to extract pesky zip files and get a cool addition at the same time.

Thanks if you have any info

(in reply to rja4)
Post #: 5
- 7/3/2002 10:24:05 PM   
Supervisor

Yes all MegaCampaigns come will full installations of SPWAW free, MCNA Desert Fox comes with ver 5.x (the first so it's a little older), Watchtower and Lost Victories both come with ver 7.0. Very well worth the value. And if you act quickly MCNA Desert Fox is back in stock in the Matrix store in a very limited supply.

(in reply to rja4)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> download error spwaw Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI