Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WaW Version S Now Available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> WaW Version S Now Available Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WaW Version S Now Available - 1/24/2010 2:28:51 PM   
explorer2

Version 2S2 Changes

Download at http://www.advancedtactics.org/scenario.php?nr=82

New Features or Conditions

Japan Unhooked from Barbarossa to Begin War with China
Japan no longer begins its war with China when Germany begins its war with Soviet Union. Japan can begin its war anytime it likes. It still wakes up and receives the card enabling war with China after the Fall of Paris.
The Saigon supply center is moved to the historically more accurate Hanoi, which after the Fall of Paris, becomes the territory of China. This reflects the aid from the USA to China, which came through Haiphong Harbor and Hanoi.
After the Fall of Paris, China's production is multiplied by 10% as a result of aid from the USA. If Japan has not declared war on China by July of 1941, China's production multiplier is increased to 25%. It returns to normal once war with Japan begins.

Historical Western Blitz Game Option Added
If chosen at game start, France begins the game asleep and will not wake up until attacked. France is given 3 extra units to fill in the northern coastal and Ardennes region gaps in their defense, and units start with more XP than previously. This makes it much easier to reproduce the historically accurate fall of Paris by June 1940.

Maginot Line Garrison Requirement Added:
With Normal Start (Not Historical Western Blitz), moving 50pp of units that begin the game in the Maginot Line outside the Line immediately gives Germany the Western Blitz Card, instead of in May 1940. Units in other parts of France may move freely. Once Germany invades France, all Maginot Line units may move freely.

Turkey maintains independence (does not join West or SU) if GE or SU attacks them. Turkey should then be played by China player.

Adjustments to Improve Balance
Maginot Line Unit Changes:
Maginot Line units lose an AT & Infantry Gun and all Flak, and gain 5 SMG & 5 Machine Guns to better reflect historical unit formations in May 1940.
New unit is given in middle of Maginot Line:
8 Flak Immobile. These were NOT historically present, but necessary to stop Germany from very ahistorical tactic of aerial bombing of Maginot Line prior to invasion.

Germany gets 200 PP to start game
Italy Joins Germany after fall of Paris instead of fall of Lille
Italians no longer have combat reduction. Instead, Italian units begin with a morale of 8.
Soviet Siberian Factories creation cannot be blocked
After war with Germany begins, if Kiev, Kharkov, Dnepropetrovsk, Sevastopol, or Rostov are not occupied by GE by 6, 9, 12, 15, & 18 turns respectively, after Eastern Blitz begins, their corresponding Siberian factories are created anyway.

SU gets Lend Lease Trucks (4) & Trains (4) in Vladivostok each turn SU is at war with GE.
All SU producing cities get 2 Flak Immobile Level I at game start.
JA Garrison unit added to Taiwan
All of UK is now in winter zone. In winter of 1940/1941, London receives extra 1000 supply December - February.
Glasgow changed from Resource 2 to City 0
Ploesti changed from Resource 2 to Resource 4

Unit Changes
Bomber Research divided into 2 categories: Dive Bomber and Level Bomber, each costing half of the original total
Katyusha changed to reflect changes to Artillery & Flak88. Costs same as Flak88, power same as Artillery III, unable to carry tanks (never could, that was a mistake in the text description.)

BBI & BBII Anti Structure points increased by 5 points,
Artillery bombardment vs. infantry increased by 5 points.
Mortar attack strength vs. armor lowered 30%, vs. infantry lowered 15%.
Artillery supply use increased by 12%
Partisan combat defense strength lowered 21%, HP lowered 20%
Sea Scouts movement over land severely limited.

Fixes
Fixed Italian navy not entering the game 75% of the time. It now always enters the game at one of 4 locations.
Fixed Minor Axis not joining GE if SU starts war with GE due to insufficient GE PP on border.
Fixed Omsk production. Now producing Siberians and PP after GE declares war, instead of Russians
Fixed SU getting Production Boosts in 1942 when not at war
Fixed Supply Centers not increasing production in 1942 onwards
Cairo starts game producing for Wavell HQ
Port Swettenham starts game producing for Singapore HQ
Road to Mosul starts game as entirely the territory of Western Allies

Special Note:
Carrier Air Ranges reported by AT is only for range over land. They move normally over sea, despite the report.

< Message edited by explorer2 -- 1/29/2010 1:46:23 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: WaW Version S Now Available - 1/27/2010 9:08:49 PM   
rjh1971

Got one question:
I'm currently running two pbem games with vR, I have installed version S, my guess is that different versions overwrite previous ones, so the question is:
Is it ok to continue the ongoing games with the new S version? Are the save compatible with newest versions or do I need to reinstall R version?

Bty congratulations it's a great mod, once you polish the bugs it'll be great, on the 2 games I'm holding as russians I was wondering were had the siberian troops production gone, now I read it was a glitch and as WA I had hope in the Denying Blitzkrieg card I hope at least that the Brittish commitment card is not also broken, I purchased both.

For the moment and unless told the contrary I'm going to play it with the new S version and will tell my opponents to upgrade, let's see what happens

Thanks.

< Message edited by rjh1971 -- 1/28/2010 3:31:52 PM >

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

(in reply to explorer2)
Post #: 2
RE: WaW Version S Now Available - 1/27/2010 9:23:32 PM   
tweber

Once you start a game, it does not matter what you do to the original scenario file.  You are playing the original version

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 3
RE: WaW Version S Now Available - 1/27/2010 9:55:14 PM   
rjh1971

Thanks Tom, I guess then we are stuck with vR bugs until we start a new game.

Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 4
RE: WaW Version S Now Available - 1/27/2010 11:40:00 PM   
explorer2

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjh1971
Thanks Tom, I guess then we are stuck with vR bugs until we start a new game.

Nothing you can do about the Italian navy coming in or not. You have a 25% chance that it will.
The Minor Axis not coming in ONLY occurs if the Germans don't keep enough troops on the border with the Soviet Union. So for a careful player, that bug should not occur.
The other bugs I believe should not have a significant impact on the game.

Hope you're having fun.

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 5
RE: WaW Version S Now Available - 1/28/2010 3:37:41 PM   
rjh1971

Thanks Explorer so far I'm really enjoying it, four players and we manage two make a turn almost everyday, amazing given that three of us are married and with kids
I'm playing the russians in one and the Western Allies in the otherone so if there is no italian navy, you won't hear any complainings from this side pity about those pp expended to deny the blitzkrieg card though

Great mod anyway

(in reply to explorer2)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> WaW Version S Now Available Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI