Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: TOE Upgrade display

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: TOE Upgrade display Page: <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: TOE Upgrade display - 1/22/2010 1:40:26 PM   
sven6345789

first of all, the program is running, but i have a problem. The alerts and SIGINT reports do not seem to be imported. The alert list is empty. set the property file right. The file is loaded from the savegamefolder of the game. Windows XP.
As i said, everything else is workig fine

Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 961
RE: TOE Upgrade display - 1/22/2010 1:47:01 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: sven6345789

first of all, the program is running, but i have a problem. The alerts and SIGINT reports do not seem to be imported. The alert list is empty. set the property file right. The file is loaded from the savegamefolder of the game. Windows XP.
As i said, everything else is workig fine

Alerts are generated when a new turn is loaded. The information is computed by comparing the old turn's info with the new turn. So when you first start up, there will be no alerts.

The sigint information comes from the file dated the day previous to the turn loaded. So if you loaded a save for December 7th, the program is looking for a sigint file for December 6th (and there won't be one). If you load a save for December 12th, the program is looking for a sigint file for December 11th, which hopefully you have. But depending on your settings in the witptracker.properties, it may not find it (if the SaveMode is 0, it only looks in the witptracker folder for the file, so unless you copied it there, it won't be found). You can use the Load Text Files function to load it after the fact.

I hope this explains the behavior.

(in reply to sven6345789)
Post #: 962
RE: TOE Upgrade display - 1/22/2010 2:22:10 PM   
Nux Mortis

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg
The sigint information comes from the file dated the day previous to the turn loaded. So if you loaded a save for December 7th, the program is looking for a sigint file for December 6th (and there won't be one). If you load a save for December 12th, the program is looking for a sigint file for December 11th, which hopefully you have.

Ah, now I understand why a can´t get a sigint file to load, no matter what I try. I am playing a PBEM with three day turns and so don´t have a file from the day before.

Is there a workaround? Do I have to rename every sigint files with the right date?

edit: hm, renaming doesn´t work :(

< Message edited by Nux Mortis -- 1/22/2010 2:26:51 PM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 963
RE: TOE Upgrade display - 1/22/2010 2:44:48 PM   
sven6345789

so if i let the program do an automated first turn (historical first turn), there won't be any alerts since i haven't loaded turn 1.
correct?

Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 964
RE: TOE Upgrade display - 1/22/2010 2:49:47 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nux Mortis

quote:

The sigint information comes from the file dated the day previous to the turn loaded. So if you loaded a save for December 7th, the program is looking for a sigint file for December 6th (and there won't be one). If you load a save for December 12th, the program is looking for a sigint file for December 11th, which hopefully you have.

Ah, now I understand why a can´t get a sigint file to load, no matter what I try. I am playing a PBEM with three day turns and so don´t have a file from the day before.

Is there a workaround? Do I have to rename every sigint files with the right date?

No workaround as yet ... although if you format the file like a single turn(exactly) and make three differing files, then I guess it'll work

(in reply to Nux Mortis)
Post #: 965
RE: TOE Upgrade display - 1/22/2010 2:50:42 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: sven6345789

so if i let the program do an automated first turn (historical first turn), there won't be any alerts since i haven't loaded turn 1.
correct?

The alerts are generated by the program by comparing the previous turn to the current turn, so as soon as you have loaded 2 turns there will be alerts...

(in reply to sven6345789)
Post #: 966
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 1/22/2010 3:33:51 PM   
jackyo123

ok, here is what I have in add/remove programs:

1> Visual C ++ 8.0 ATL (x86) WinSXS MSM(not listed as 'microsoft visual c', but just 'visual c')
1a> Visual C ++ CRT (x86) WinSXS MSM
2> .net frameworks 1,2,3
3> java 6 update 3 and java 6 update 17

thats it for relevant files

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 967
RE: TOE Upgrade display - 1/22/2010 4:33:38 PM   
Nux Mortis

quote:

No workaround as yet ... although if you format the file like a single turn(exactly) and make three differing files, then I guess it'll work

That worked indeed, thank you very much :-)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 968
RE: TOE Upgrade display - 1/22/2010 5:18:19 PM   
Athius

Hmmm, I experience some significantly increased loading times with this version, sometimes as bad as 5-10 minutes, where as before It would be 1 minute max.

(in reply to Nux Mortis)
Post #: 969
RE: TOE Upgrade display - 1/22/2010 5:46:17 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Athius

Hmmm, I experience some significantly increased loading times with this version, sometimes as bad as 5-10 minutes, where as before It would be 1 minute max.

The larger the database (more turns), the longer it will take. When it starts up, it shows how many seconds it took to load the database.

I am looking at some possible methods to speed it up, but that will be a later release.

(in reply to Athius)
Post #: 970
RE: TOE Upgrade display - 1/22/2010 7:24:54 PM   
Athius

The database loads fast enough (+/- 30nds). The problem is the time between the "database loaded in 22 seconds message" and the moment the program actualy opens, which sometimes is more than 10 minutes. In previous versions this took no more than 1 minute max.

Good to hear you are working on it though, I couldnt play this game without tracker.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 971
RE: TOE Upgrade display - 1/22/2010 7:53:20 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Athius

The database loads fast enough (+/- 30nds). The problem is the time between the "database loaded in 22 seconds message" and the moment the program actualy opens, which sometimes is more than 10 minutes. In previous versions this took no more than 1 minute max.

Good to hear you are working on it though, I couldnt play this game without tracker.

If the delay is after the database is loaded, then it's the screen-building part which is taking all of the time. I'm only looking to decrease the database load time. I don't know why the screen-building would take over 10 minutes except if your PC is overloaded.

Floyd

(in reply to Athius)
Post #: 972
RE: TOE Upgrade display - 1/22/2010 8:13:56 PM   
kfmiller41

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: miller41

OS is windows 7 intel processor
just installed Microsoft Visual C++ SP1
am reinstalling 32 bit java now will let you know what happens

So ?

Well it worked, at least for my AI game, not sure yet about the PBEM due to no turns yet from my opponent (am on the road) so when I get one I will know. Thanks for the help so far, as this program makes japan much easier to play, at least economically

< Message edited by miller41 -- 1/22/2010 8:14:04 PM >

You have the ability to arouse various emotions in me: please select carefully.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 973
RE: TOE Upgrade display - 1/22/2010 10:41:10 PM   
Reg

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nux Mortis

quote:

Could you possibly create a standalone utility/script to do this for the multi-day turn players???

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 974
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/23/2010 1:56:16 AM   
CaptDave

I may have missed it in 39 pages of comments, but I don't see this issue in any of the release notes. In the Bases screen, an individual base's damage is not reported correctly. Looks like it's just a matter of fields being relocated in the game's data base, since some of the right numbers are reported, just in the wrong places (and other numbers don't appear). Here's an example (I hope):

The lower panel shows Tavoy with 67 port damage, 0 airfield damage, and 0 runway damage. In fact, the 67 damage is for the runway, and I think the airfield is also non-zero (shortage of memory prevents me from double-checking in less than a half-hour).

A little voice in the back of my brain tells me I've seen this reported before, but I can't find anything about it.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 975
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 1/23/2010 3:09:03 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackyo123

ok, here is what I have in add/remove programs:

1> Visual C ++ 8.0 ATL (x86) WinSXS MSM(not listed as 'microsoft visual c', but just 'visual c')
1a> Visual C ++ CRT (x86) WinSXS MSM
2> .net frameworks 1,2,3
3> java 6 update 3 and java 6 update 17

thats it for relevant files

I suggest you go to the this link download the 32 bit vcredist_x86.exe and install it ...

Good Luck

(in reply to jackyo123)
Post #: 976
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 1/23/2010 5:38:06 PM   
Smeulders

Something rather weird just happened with my Intel panel. I loaded a turn, but only 4 entries came up in the Intel panel, tried reading the SigInt from the file, but again only the same four came up. Now the 5th line was a line of SigInt that doesn't come up too much, it was the following.

"2/2nd Engineer Regiment is loaded on xAK Kazuura Maru at Atimonan (80,79)."

I deleted this line in the SigInt and read the file again, no problem, everything else in the SigInt came up just fine. Maybe the program doesn't recognize this sort of line (A loaded on B at C ?) and stopped because of this ?

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 977
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 1/23/2010 6:47:24 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

Something rather weird just happened with my Intel panel. I loaded a turn, but only 4 entries came up in the Intel panel, tried reading the SigInt from the file, but again only the same four came up. Now the 5th line was a line of SigInt that doesn't come up too much, it was the following.

"2/2nd Engineer Regiment is loaded on xAK Kazuura Maru at Atimonan (80,79)."

I deleted this line in the SigInt and read the file again, no problem, everything else in the SigInt came up just fine. Maybe the program doesn't recognize this sort of line (A loaded on B at C ?) and stopped because of this ?

Looks like I missed that pattern.

I handle "unit" loaded on "ship" moving to "loc" pattern, but not with it at a specific location. I'll need to fix that.

Floyd

< Message edited by floydg -- 1/23/2010 6:49:59 PM >

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 978
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/23/2010 7:52:46 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: CaptDave

I may have missed it in 39 pages of comments, but I don't see this issue in any of the release notes. In the Bases screen, an individual base's damage is not reported correctly. Looks like it's just a matter of fields being relocated in the game's data base, since some of the right numbers are reported, just in the wrong places (and other numbers don't appear). Here's an example (I hope):

The lower panel shows Tavoy with 67 port damage, 0 airfield damage, and 0 runway damage. In fact, the 67 damage is for the runway, and I think the airfield is also non-zero (shortage of memory prevents me from double-checking in less than a half-hour).

A little voice in the back of my brain tells me I've seen this reported before, but I can't find anything about it.

[...]

Confirmed that it's not correct.

I'll take a look in detail now.

Update: found the problem.

< Message edited by floydg -- 1/24/2010 2:42:34 AM >

(in reply to CaptDave)
Post #: 979
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/24/2010 4:49:11 AM   
CapAndGown

Does tracker tell me when units need to be withdrawn? Under the Alerts section? Before, or on the date for withdrawal?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 980
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/24/2010 7:27:15 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: cap_and_gown

Does tracker tell me when units need to be withdrawn? Under the Alerts section? Before, or on the date for withdrawal?

Not yet, but we've been planning to do it for some time now ... next release I hope will have this.

(in reply to CapAndGown)
Post #: 981
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/24/2010 2:47:48 PM   
Zenra

I just wanted to give a big Thanks for the hierarchical HQ structure in the drop-down filters.  I just updated to Tracker v1.4 (from 1.2 - my you guys have been busy these last few weeks!). This is a huge help as Japan, particularly for air groups dependent on proximity to HQs for replacements and upgrades.

Keep up the great work - I don't know how I could play WitP AE without Tracker!

Mitchell

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 982
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/24/2010 3:50:01 PM   
Roger Neilson II

Is there a reason why some reports cannot be exported as CSV files? E.g. Intel.

Roger

(in reply to Zenra)
Post #: 983
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/24/2010 5:00:23 PM   
witpqs

I'm running the latest release and loaded the newer regions file that you supplied with it (and recommended using, I just forget what it's called right now) - Kalidjati base on Java is incorrectly listed under the Soviet Union region. Should be Java region.

(in reply to Roger Neilson II)
Post #: 984
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/24/2010 6:06:10 PM   
CapAndGown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mitchell

Keep up the great work - I don't know how I could play WitP AE without Tracker!

Tracker has blown away all the blind optimism I used to have. I am panicking about engine production dropping, trying to get resources to Honshu, and worrying about the ever dwindling supply of fuel and oil. Tracker has made my playing enjoyment living hell! Oh to be ignorant of just how bad my economy really is!

(in reply to Zenra)
Post #: 985
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/24/2010 6:29:19 PM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

I'm running the latest release and loaded the newer regions file that you supplied with it (and recommended using, I just forget what it's called right now) - Kalidjati base on Java is incorrectly listed under the Soviet Union region. Should be Java region.

I'm not sure which of the files you are using, but Nomad_5 has Kalidjati in Java. If fact I just looked at Nomad_4, Nomad_5 and Kulls files and all of them have Kalidjati belonging to the Java Region.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 1/24/2010 6:30:40 PM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 986
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/24/2010 7:18:16 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson II

Is there a reason why some reports cannot be exported as CSV files? E.g. Intel.

Roger

The reason is simply that we didn't get to it yet.

(in reply to Roger Neilson II)
Post #: 987
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/24/2010 8:09:40 PM   
Roger Neilson II

That's ok, no worries, you guys have to sleep occasionally I suppose!

Grins.

Roger

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 988
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/24/2010 9:39:27 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

quote:

I'm not sure which of the files you are using, but Nomad_5 has Kalidjati in Java. If fact I just looked at Nomad_4, Nomad_5 and Kulls files and all of them have Kalidjati belonging to the Java Region.

Hmmm - I wonder if I forgot to load when we started, then? Can I load a new region file mid-game or will that screw things up on me?

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 989
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/24/2010 9:41:54 PM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

quote:

Hmmm - I wonder if I forgot to load when we started, then? Can I load a new region file mid-game or will that screw things up on me?

It shouldn't be a problem. Some stuff summed up by region may be off (not 100% sure), but a re-start of WitPTracker should fix that.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 990
Page:   <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: TOE Upgrade display Page: <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI