Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Opponent found, thanks.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Opponent found, thanks. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Opponent found, thanks. - 1/26/2010 4:50:20 PM   
Mark Weston

This is my first game as Japan (thus the selection of scenario 2, hopefully giving me something of a buffer between my inevitable initial mistakes and immediate defeat). I've played one PBEM as allies (Japan player dropped out after two months), and a few test runs against the AI. I'd call myself an intermediate-level player based on game knowledge and general wargaming experience. I'm looking for an opponent who understands we're playing this game for the long-term. I expect to be able to play a turn a day to start with at least, probably faster once the game gets going and when the war hits quiet spells.

Game settings

Scenario 2
  • Fog of War ON
  • Advanced Weather ON
  • Allied damage control ON
  • PDU ON
  • Historical first turn OFF
  • December 7th Surprise ON
  • Reliable USN torpedo OFF
  • Realistic R&D ON
  • No unit withdrawals OFF
  • Turn Cycle 1 day

Suggested house rules (open to negotiation)

• Allied first turn/peacetime restrictions: Free hand for all chinese units. Free hand with existing TFs. Cannot create new TFs or give orders to other allied air or ground units.
  • National borders: No Restricted unit of either side can cross a national border without paying the PP cost to change command.
  • No strategic bombing in China.
  • No sub invasions.
  • Any reasonable restrictions to the Japanese first turn you care to propose (I expect my first turn will be largely historical with some fiddling round the edges)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Mark

< Message edited by Mark Weston -- 1/26/2010 5:28:05 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Japanese looking for Allied opponent for Scen 2 - 1/26/2010 5:09:45 PM   
ade670

just seen your email.

I have been considering the same type of email (albeit from an allied perspective) for some time..

As background, I have played wargames as long as I have had a PC - The Talonsoft series through to Combat Mission and now WITP-AE. I like the complexity this has to offer and would enjoy the planning needed to endure a Grand Campaign.

My style leans mostly towards the historical (or as close as my skill level allows!). I have 2 ongoing Guadalcanal battles and can meet at least 1-2 returns a day.

Your House Rules re China work for me and are basically fairly standard in their request.

I am in UK so GMT Time Zone! - I am a bit of a night owl as my other opponents will testify and return my turns late evening/early morning.

Hope to get a reply from you (perhaps even a first turn!)

Regards,

Ade

(in reply to Mark Weston)
Post #: 2
RE: Japanese looking for Allied opponent for Scen 2 - 1/26/2010 5:23:45 PM   
Mark Weston

Hi Ade,

OK, you're on.  I forgot to mention, but I'm UK based too, which should help with the turn turnaround.

I'm about to send you my e-mail address by forum PM.

Thanks to everyone else reading, but it looks like the position is filled.

Mark

(in reply to ade670)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Opponent found, thanks. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI