Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Possible new problem with US carrier air group reorg

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Possible new problem with US carrier air group reorg Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Possible new problem with US carrier air group reorg - 1/28/2010 5:45:31 AM   
USSPC617

Thanks for taking a look at this. This is my first post on the forums.

I am playing Scenario 1, solitaire, Japanese Computer. Game date is now 11 Jan 43.

As of 1 Jan, all six available USN carriers were at Pearl and under refit and repair. On 1 Jan 43 the air groups of four of the CVs converted correctly with the VS scout bomber squadrons automatically disbanding and the max size of the associated VB dive-bomber squadrons changing from 18 to 36 aircraft.

This did not happen correctly for the air groups on Hornet and Yorktown: squadrons VS-5 and VS-8 are still around and VB-5 and VB-8 still show a max of 18 planes.

The problem is that the two scout bomber squadrons are listing as overdue for withdrawal and are costing 36 political points per turn (18 each).

When the two impacted carriers finished refit I placed them in a task force then disbanded it. No effect. As carrier-based squadrons cannot be disbanded, I then attempted to move the groups ashore and withdraw them manually. When I hit the 'withdraw' button, the game provides a message that the groups are withdrawing, but they do not actually go away. They stay put and continue to soak up political points.

The carriers, squadrons, and base (Pearl Harbor) are all under Pacific Ocean Area command and the command HQ ground unit is located at Pearl. There are no fragments of the squadrons located anywhere else. No other bugs noted in this game.

I think that the problem might be related to my installing the "WarinthePacificAdmiralsEdition-UpdateComp-v1095DR" patch while the scenario was in progress. I installed the patch when the game date was 01 Jan 43 and I wonder if that might have thrown off the automatic air group reorg scheduled for that date.

Does anyone have an idea of (1) what caused this problem, and (2) how I might fix it?

I have looked at a number of other threads related to US air group reorganization, including Sardaukar's thread from earlier this week, but none of them appear to address this specific problem. If this issue has already been worked out, please help me locate the earlier discussion.

Thank you.

PC617
Post #: 1
RE: Possible new problem with US carrier air group reorg - 1/28/2010 11:44:24 AM   
michaelm75au

You can manually disband the VS groups.

Can you have a screen dump of the VS/VB groups from one of the CVs?
Or attach a save so it can be loaded and look at the screens?

Michael

(in reply to USSPC617)
Post #: 2
RE: Possible new problem with US carrier air group reorg - 1/28/2010 3:37:19 PM   
Sardaukar

Maybe same problem I had? CV group planned future resizes disappeared after hotfixes. (I think they were still there after Patch 2).

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2358149

Which apparently would need patch to fix?

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 3
RE: Possible new problem with US carrier air group reorg - 1/29/2010 2:24:01 AM   
USSPC617

Thank you for helping out with this. Here is some more information.

First of all I have attached a zipped save game named 'wpae016.zip'.

PC617

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by USSPC617 -- 1/29/2010 4:44:50 AM >

(in reply to USSPC617)
Post #: 4
RE: Possible new problem with US carrier air group reorg - 1/29/2010 2:25:36 AM   
USSPC617

Here is a screen capture after I moved the dive bomber squadron VS-8 ashore and tried to withdraw it manually.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to USSPC617)
Post #: 5
RE: Possible new problem with US carrier air group reorg - 1/29/2010 2:26:34 AM   
USSPC617

But when I check the list of air units it is still there:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to USSPC617)
Post #: 6
RE: Possible new problem with US carrier air group reorg - 1/29/2010 2:27:36 AM   
USSPC617

When I try to manually disband the squadron, this is not allowed:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to USSPC617)
Post #: 7
RE: Possible new problem with US carrier air group reorg - 1/29/2010 7:30:29 AM   
michaelm75au

The problem why the VS wont withdraw is because the group that it returns as (VBF) is already in play.

To fix:
Transfer the VFB and VS groups to the base
Withdraw the two VFB groups
Withdraw the two VS groups. The VFB will change their dates to the proper VBF arrival date.

Michael

(in reply to USSPC617)
Post #: 8
RE: Possible new problem with US carrier air group reorg - 1/30/2010 1:45:07 AM   
USSPC617

Thank you MichaelM!

That did the trick. Obvious once you pointed it out. I had noted the early appearance of the VBF squadrons, but didn't notice that they were the intended replacements for the VS squadrons.

I appreciate the help.

PC617

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 9
RE: Possible new problem with US carrier air group reorg - 4/3/2010 9:22:19 AM   
Wittmann30

I have a similar problem in an ongoing PBEM. We started with first version of the game, patched through Patch1,2 and now we play with Patch3.

In January 43 three groups (VS-2,VS-5,VS-8) should be withdrawed of the carriers. I transfered all of them in a base, hit the withdraw button but they are still there. The workaround doesn't work for me, i have only one VFB group with zero planes on CV Hornet (Corsair Modell which appears in 44) so i can not transfer it to a base or withdraw.

Can someone please help?

Thank you very much.

Wittmann

< Message edited by Wittmann30 -- 4/3/2010 10:57:18 AM >

“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.”

- Chester W. Nimitz -

(in reply to USSPC617)
Post #: 10
RE: Possible new problem with US carrier air group reorg - 4/4/2010 1:35:18 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wittmann30

I have a similar problem in an ongoing PBEM. We started with first version of the game, patched through Patch1,2 and now we play with Patch3.

In January 43 three groups (VS-2,VS-5,VS-8) should be withdrawed of the carriers. I transfered all of them in a base, hit the withdraw button but they are still there. The workaround doesn't work for me, i have only one VFB group with zero planes on CV Hornet (Corsair Modell which appears in 44) so i can not transfer it to a base or withdraw.

Can someone please help?

Thank you very much.

Wittmann

can you attach a save to look at?

Michael

(in reply to Wittmann30)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Possible new problem with US carrier air group reorg Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI