Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mission Limit

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Mission Limit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mission Limit - 2/1/2010 5:26:06 AM   
Michael T

Is there a limit on the number of missions per day?

I have plotted 199 missions in day 4 of the 1943 campaign but it seems I can't plot anymore?

Maybe I am wrong but it seems to me the game can't handle all the missions for daylight and night bombing in the same turn? And the replay feature can't handle it either.

This could add weight to the provision of seperate day campaign and night campaign scenarios....I wish

Post #: 1
RE: Mission Limit - 2/1/2010 2:17:51 PM   
Nicholas Bell

You are correct that there is a 200 mission limit per day, although I must also admit I have never gotten close to using all of them.

I guess you mean a full 700 turn day campaign and a separate 700 day night campaign?  Interesting thought, but there is no way to show the effects of the cumulative damage done by the "other" participating forces.  For example the USAAF attacks on the aircraft and oil industry had a significant impact on the nightfighter force.  There is no way to have program automatically inflict that damage.  I suppose there is less of a problem with just a day campaign.  Perhaps Hard Sarge can address his reasons why that is possible or not - he knows more about the program than I do of course.

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 2
RE: Mission Limit - 2/1/2010 2:36:05 PM   
kaybayray

I for one would like to see the Mission Limit significantly increased. I regularly hit the Limit in the BTR long campaigns because I am serious about running the Daylight Strategic along with the Bomber Command Night Operations. I dont run small Night Operations and my Daylight Operations have large numbers of Groups interacting on associated Strikes / Patrols / Recon.

However I dont know if the Limit can be increased. I do believe that Sarge and Harley know the answer to that question. Keep in mind that I dont believe many who play this hit the Limit on a regular basis so my request should be of a low priority in the grand scheme of things. I would prefer they work on more pressing needs and enhancments rather than my wishes for this change. This games gets much better when they do things like they are doing them now.

Later,
KayBay

It's all Mind Over Matter....
If you dont mind... It dont matter

(in reply to Nicholas Bell)
Post #: 3
RE: Mission Limit - 2/1/2010 9:29:57 PM   
Michael T

When you start plotting NI missions over known NJG airfields that run the course of the night you soon rack up quite a mission tally. I have played other Boardgames and PC games that only cover the Day or Night campaigns. Its simply programming in the historical results for the campaign that is not simulated. I would love to see a stand alone Daylight campaign.

I spend way more time plotting NI missions than I spend plotting my daylight missions. Its tedious and boring. As kaybayray says if your serious about playing the campaign you soon rack up 200 missions. I think I could get close to 300 if allowed by the game.

(in reply to kaybayray)
Post #: 4
RE: Mission Limit - 2/2/2010 3:21:12 PM   
Nicholas Bell

I guess I prefer just to let the AI plot the intruder ops - it does just as well as I do     It's such a crap shot anyway - as it was.  Post war interrogations indicate that the Germans never really bothered much about the intruders because they were so ineffective (not to say they did not inflict some losses).

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 5
RE: Mission Limit - 2/2/2010 5:12:43 PM   
Jeldren

Night Intruders are pretty effective in the game. 20-80 kills is not an uncommon result when I plot many intruder missions. A more effective mission planer for intruders would be nice. I use 6-12 fighters per base and I target many air bases when I do a lot of night bombing. More than 100 mission just for night fighters isn't an uncommon result. Nearly all my top scorers with over 50 kills fly night fighters - only one Mustang III pilot managed to slip in(04/14/44 43 BTR campaign).

Post #: 6
RE: Mission Limit - 2/2/2010 5:39:32 PM   
kaybayray

With respect to NI missions.
If you run Fighter Sweeps during the Day and note what Airfields you hit NJG AC, if you pay attention to where NJG AC are launching and landing from and keep that as Intel and use it you can specifically target "Known" NJG Air Bases with Intruder missions. If you also stack the CAP of your NI AC at each of these bases starting at the time your Night Bombing Strikes start and continuing through to at least 1 hour past last bomb dropped you can rack up quite a tally of kills each and every night.

The AI does not pay attention to where the NJG AC are operating from so it just launches Generic Missions at Generic Air Bases. At least that has been my obersrvation. This is what motivated me to build my own strategy. Check out my thread in The War Room. I have detailed my Night Operations portion of the game. I am putting together some things to add getting started on the Daylight Operations.

You also rack up a large tally of missions which brings you to the brick wall of the Mission Limit.

I typically find at least 10 NJG AC Bases that are active in the Strike Region of my Night Operations. Recall that if you put more than 1 NI AC in a mission they only Tag their destination and then RTB. If you want them to Loiter you can only put 1 AC in the mission. If you place 2 AC for each period of CAP at each base, and your CAP duration lasts for 2 sets of CAPs then that is 4 AC for each base X 10 Bases = 40 missions. This is almost 1/4 your total mission limit allotment. Now add in RCM missions, NI AC to cover each of them and you are near or over 100 missions. Now add in the actual Night Bombers and then add all your Daylight Missions and WHAMMY !!! You just hit the wall.

So what I have to do is rotate Daylight Strategic Missions on one day and then Bomber Command Night Operations the next.

Later,
KayBay

It's all Mind Over Matter....
If you dont mind... It dont matter

(in reply to Jeldren)
Post #: 7
RE: Mission Limit - 2/2/2010 5:45:45 PM   
Nicholas Bell

Well they shouldn't historically be *that* good.  Looks like you've found a loophole and have been able to game the system pretty good.  

(in reply to Jeldren)
Post #: 8
RE: Mission Limit - 2/2/2010 11:16:36 PM   
Michael T

Spot on kaybay, thats just what I am doing with my NI. Its seems I will have to do the same and alternate day and night bombing each day.

However I think I am wearing out my wrist and mouse with all the clicking setting up all those NI missions

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Mission Limit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI