Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unable to run Napoleon in Italy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Napoleon in Italy >> Napoleon in Italy Support >> Unable to run Napoleon in Italy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to run Napoleon in Italy - 12/1/2009 2:56:39 AM   
mikedora

Can anyone help? Last year I downloaded Nap in Italy to my laptop (which unfortunately has WinVista), and it ran OK. But when I bought a new desktop (running WinXP) and copied Nap in Italy across to it, I found that it won't run. When I load the base program menu, and press "play", I get a drumbeat, then - nothing. Yet when I check in Windows Task Manager, I see that Napoleon.exe _is_ loaded, using 16,208K of memory, but 0 CPU, and nothing is happening.

Messages to Matrix Games support have brought no response. What do I need to do to get this program to run?

Thanks

Mike
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to run Napoleon in Italy - 12/1/2009 10:04:43 PM   
mikedora

BTW further to my last, I have test-loaded NII on a friend's WinXP machine and it _does_ work on that one...

(in reply to mikedora)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to run Napoleon in Italy - 2/5/2010 3:22:07 PM   
HussarGames

Have you tried compatibility mode and disabling visual themes?
If you have a dual video card you may need to disable it to run the game.
Also try to switch your desktop to a resolution that the game supports (1280x800, 1024x768, 1280x1024) before starting the game.

If this does not help, there is still hope because our next game will run on another graphics engine. If/when that happens we will likely upgrade our older games. I cannot tell you any dates unfortunately, we need to get a contract for our next game and the earliest that can happen is May 2010.

(in reply to mikedora)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Napoleon in Italy >> Napoleon in Italy Support >> Unable to run Napoleon in Italy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI