Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bases and Fuel

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Bases and Fuel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bases and Fuel - 2/7/2010 1:14:33 AM   
Michael Mac

For air operations does the base need to have fuel? Does the base need to have supplies?
Post #: 1
RE: Bases and Fuel - 2/7/2010 2:29:45 AM   
topeverest

MMAC,

Welcome to the game.

You need always need supplies. It is the lifeblood of the game. Follow the credo that you can never have enough, and you probably will be ok.

Good rule of thumb you need 2x required supply minimum to perform at optiminum, all other things acceptable (like aviation support). It always is advisable to have 20000+ supply at any combat air base if at all possible in order to be abled to take direct air replacements. I put a minimum of 100K in all command HQ's and primary base hubs. As a tip, set minimum required supply to maximum on those important bases on the base command screen by using the right double arrow icon in the supply required row of the menu. Only in rare cases will supply overstack and spoil, but I would not worry about that in the beginning. You can check the rules for specifics on supply spoilage if desired. It is not a big deal.

You need fuel if naval units are going to use the port or deliver supplies. You also need fuel for production faciltieis. A good rule of thumb is about 8000 points will do two large thirsty convoys, so 20-30K is desirable in forward bases. In hubs, I max out up to 1 million points and distribute from there.

Good hunting

Andy M

(in reply to Michael Mac)
Post #: 2
RE: Bases and Fuel - 2/7/2010 3:42:40 AM   
Tatoune

quote:

As a tip, set minimum required supply to maximum on those important bases on the base command screen by using the right double arrow icon in the supply required row of the menu.

Those supplies are deducted from where, is there a pool for the supplies? Does supplies travels on road/railway from other base automatically?

< Message edited by Tatoune -- 2/7/2010 3:53:10 AM >

(in reply to topeverest)
Post #: 3
RE: Bases and Fuel - 2/7/2010 4:17:32 AM   
bruin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tatoune

quote:

As a tip, set minimum required supply to maximum on those important bases on the base command screen by using the right double arrow icon in the supply required row of the menu.

Those supplies are deducted from where, is there a pool for the supplies? Does supplies travels on road/railway from other base automatically?

If you manually increase the supplies requested at a base by using the arrow icons what will happen is:

1. If the base is connected to other bases via road/rail, it will attempt to pull extra supply from those bases.
2. If the base is set to automatic supply, the auto-convoy system will deliver more supplies to that base.

(in reply to Tatoune)
Post #: 4
RE: Bases and Fuel - 2/7/2010 4:24:59 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tatoune

quote:

Tatoune,
Simply put, supplies are basically kept at bases and travels across roads/rail to other bases on the same network.
Have a read of this regarding the supply requirement button (be careful with its use)
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2341909&mpage=1&key=�
and also one of my video's
http://sites.google.com/site/n01487477/ae-extra-files/Prod1.swf?attredirects=0

(in reply to Tatoune)
Post #: 5
RE: Bases and Fuel - 2/7/2010 2:51:22 PM   
Rainer

quote:

For air operations does the base need to have fuel?

No

WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta

(in reply to Michael Mac)
Post #: 6
RE: Bases and Fuel - 2/7/2010 3:20:32 PM   
dorjun driver

Does the 2 X supply criteria apply to level bombers flying non-offensive missions? If not, are they subject to the one-half X supply benchmark?  If so, do they still use supply at the max load div 1000 rate? For example, what would be the supply level required and how much supply would be used by a PB4Y on a search mission?

Also, is ASW considered an offensive mission?  Page 252 is a bit sketchy.

TTFN

x - ARPAnaut
x - ACM
x - AES
Current - Bum

The paths of glory may lead you to the grave, but the paths of duty may not get you anywhere.
JT

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Bases and Fuel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI