Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 11/26/2009 3:31:24 AM   
R_TEAM

Hi,

have found a couple of things can be handled better aside from weapon balancing and new rules (VariableVisibility...).

First it is realy ancient for an Today game to open in fullscreen ON the desktop and use the desktop resolution (without the option to get a other resolution) and change the desktop colors by running.
Here the Game should open a seperate screen with adjustable resolution!

Second the battle massage by begin of a new turn (show howmany HQs get supply and howmany Arty is unavailable..) should redisplayabel later in the Turn.Like "show battle massage again" ..

Third, the coordinates in the battle massege should be like buttons
(like "Improved position on 32,12") and then he jump on this coordinates and highlight the unit.So it muss not a seachr in the dark in the turn which coordinates was the improved position,especialy if you have 4 or 5 things like that.

Regards
R_TEAM

< Message edited by R_TEAM -- 11/26/2009 5:44:51 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 11/28/2009 12:23:45 PM   
R_TEAM

Hi,

mmhh .. no replay ...(wondering)
So all think it is a wounderfull Idea anddont need to comment ...
(or all think it is silly and not worth to comment :P )

Regards
R_TEAM

(in reply to R_TEAM)
Post #: 2
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 11/28/2009 9:51:53 PM   
V22 Osprey

Fine I'll comment.
quote:

First it is realy ancient for an Today game to open in fullscreen ON the desktop and use the desktop resolution (without the option to get a other resolution) and change the desktop colors by running.
Here the Game should open a seperate screen with adjustable resolution!

Don't see the point of this.The game automatically runs at native res.With native res being the highest resolution supported by your monitor, I don't see why you would want anything less.Higher res=more visual area, so I don't see why you would to change it.However I do agree with you about the game changing the desktop colors, as sometimes those don't go away after you exit the game.

quote:

Second the battle massage by begin of a new turn (show howmany HQs get supply and howmany Arty is unavailable..) should redisplayabel later in the Turn.Like "show battle massage again" ..

Agreed.

quote:

Third, the coordinates in the battle massege should be like buttons
(like "Improved position on 32,12") and then he jump on this coordinates and highlight the unit.So it muss not a seachr in the dark in the turn which coordinates was the improved position,especialy if you have 4 or 5 things like that.

I don't think fully understand this, but I'm liking the idea.

< Message edited by V22 Osprey -- 11/28/2009 9:52:07 PM >

Art by rogueusmc.

(in reply to R_TEAM)
Post #: 3
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 11/29/2009 6:33:39 AM   
R_TEAM

Hi,

Thanks for the comment ;)

To N.1->

Only true if a Flatscreen in use that only have at native resolution a good picture ...
(o.k. -> 99% of all Flatscreens [TFT or Plasma])
With an CRT or an High-End GFX-artist Flatscreen you CAN use different resolutions.
For the Desktop the Res. that fitts best for Icons/simply operations.
But for Games possible another resolution.
And if the Res. of the TFT to high, the UI of JTCS looks very tinny - its not scalable!
So i see this still as a valid point and sorry, dont know a game from the past 10 years that have NOT
a resolution change option ....
The same is going for the color problem.
It looks like a Win98 Game in this field ...........

To N.3 ->

On the Battle Message window , it stand most times coordinates on it to point at a specific location.
A isolatet Unit, a just improved position or anything other ...
At the moment (the window dissapear after going on) you have no chance to get the points if it too many and you dont notice it at a paper ... you search in the Dark,sometimes you can estimate which unit has the message generatet - but if you have a couple of such messages it get a mess ..

My idea is to make the massege like a button or a link ..
You click on it and the units geht centric and highlightet .. so you allways found the point easy and fast ...hope you understand ;)

Regards
R_TEAM

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 4
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 11/29/2009 7:54:23 PM   
Dumnorix

1. More than 500 hex in mapsize !!!
2. Engineers can lay more mines !!!
3. More Terrain slots !!!
4. Videoclips for Campaigns and Scenarios possible !!!
5. More animation slots for other units !!!
6. Night and Day turns programmable in Scenarios !!!
7. More sound slots !!!
8. More slots for fire and explosion animations !!!
9. Repair units ingame !!!

etc......................

H.Balck

(in reply to R_TEAM)
Post #: 5
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 12/3/2009 8:42:08 PM   
Miamieagle

Are this recommendation for Patch 106. Then where is Patch 105 available.

Thank you!

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 6
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 12/4/2009 8:14:32 AM   
R_TEAM

Hi,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miamieagle

Are this recommendation for Patch 106. Then where is Patch 105 available.

Thank you!

I am a bit like Realistic - dont think a bigger change in the programm code come with the next patch (only bug-fixing) and so
i am happy IF it come with 1.06 ;)

Regards
R_TEAM

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 7
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 12/4/2009 2:11:21 PM   
Joshuatree

Patch 1.04 is the latest patch available. So 1.05 (or something like that) will be the next patch they will be working on... haven't got a clue *if* they are already working on a next patch though.

(in reply to R_TEAM)
Post #: 8
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 12/15/2009 8:42:01 PM   
shawnt63

Hmm, how about a Swedish OB for those what if battles? Same for the Switz. Be nice if dynamic campaigns could be made a bit easier and I would really like to see the RAMII tank (Canadian) for those what if 42/43 scenarios. Oh and allow the players to mod the stat lines again like pre 1.04. Love the game! Oh and how about some more campaigns added?

(in reply to Joshuatree)
Post #: 9
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 12/20/2009 12:53:50 AM   
marcbarker

Great Ideas All...but I don't think the editing stats thing will ever come back....remember it is all about the PBEM possible cheats vs. a gamers interest in editing their own files for a personal upgrade

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re

(in reply to shawnt63)
Post #: 10
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 1/4/2010 11:11:50 PM   
jefferyclark

At this point the game engine is nearly perfect IMHO. I would focus on fixing any bugs and designing one or two very elaborate uber LCGs.

Super LCGs: LCG for the entire WWII ETO or even one front hasn't been designed. If someone started designing uberLCGS, with secnario trees that numbered ca. 100 scenarios I would gladly buy them for $40 a game.

LCGs where the results from the previous scenario carried over to the next game. Not just level of victory, but the exact territory gained and number of enemy units lost influenced the next scenario. So if you cleaned the board in one scenario, the next scenario would be a relatively easy breakthru scenario and if you did poorly the surviving enemy units would remain with strong possibility of reinforcements as well as the exact positions at the end of the previous scenario.

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 11
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 1/5/2010 4:22:11 AM   
bshirt7

quote:

ORIGINAL: jefferyclark

At this point the game engine is nearly perfect IMHO. I would focus on fixing any bugs and designing one or two very elaborate uber LCGs.

Super LCGs: LCG for the entire WWII ETO or even one front hasn't been designed. If someone started designing uberLCGS, with secnario trees that numbered ca. 100 scenarios I would gladly buy them for $40 a game.

LCGs where the results from the previous scenario carried over to the next game. Not just level of victory, but the exact territory gained and number of enemy units lost influenced the next scenario. So if you cleaned the board in one scenario, the next scenario would be a relatively easy breakthru scenario and if you did poorly the surviving enemy units would remain with strong possibility of reinforcements as well as the exact positions at the end of the previous scenario.

Yes, count me in at $40 a game too! Oh boy, I would love that.....

(in reply to jefferyclark)
Post #: 12
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 1/6/2010 2:44:04 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: jefferyclark

This is something I have wanted to do for a long time, but haven't as it is extremely time consuming.

The other thing is that it is very difficult to determine "the exact territory gained and number of enemy units lost" without rebuilding the the game.

One can design the scenarios based on setting up the victory conditions but one may end up playing over the same parts of a map between one battle to the next. Adjusting the opposing forces is merely a matter of writing up a good storyboard for each campaign branch and campaign scenario.

Jason Petho

(in reply to jefferyclark)
Post #: 13
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 1/8/2010 12:12:46 PM   
bshirt7

Well, if you ever do get the time it would be just terrific!

Btw, what if any upgrades do you see likely for this excellent war game in the near future?

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 14
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 1/8/2010 5:05:10 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: bshirt7

Btw, what if any upgrades do you see likely for this excellent war game in the near future?

In no particular order. No details on the improvements, more of a wishlist for now.

1. Additional countries and units

2. Additional scenarios and campaigns

3. Improved HAL

4. Improved Reconnaissance

5. Improved Artillery

6. Improved Graphics

(in reply to bshirt7)
Post #: 15
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 1/8/2010 10:02:05 PM   
Dumnorix

quote:

Improved Graphics

What do you plan with this - more possible terrain graphics (I need 500%, better 2000% for JTCS meets PG3D for an very good new map style)?

H.Balck

Post #: 16
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 1/8/2010 10:18:32 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dumnorix
more possible terrain graphics

Eventually, yes.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 17
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 1/9/2010 12:50:37 AM   
junk2drive

It would be nice if the games ran in 32bit so that the computer isn't fighting to change downward.

(I can't get the games to run in Wine in linux and I suspect this is part of it)

Post #: 18
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 1/9/2010 1:07:12 AM   
Dumnorix

quote:

Eventually, yes.

Oh I hope - with 2000% more terrain graphics I will have enough motivation to reproduce my JTCS meets PG3D WWII mod in company level and finished all the battle scenarios from HPS and also my own barbarossa scenario.

Examples:
-Fields - we have 6 - better are 120 (=2000%)
-all urban structurs - we have 6 of every (better are 120 for every)
-more different terrain types with some mixed structurs (with new parameters)
-4 different river types
-many more bridge types, hedges and some other new hexside stuff
and many more....

H.Balck

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 1/9/2010 6:39:04 AM >

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 19
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 1/9/2010 7:22:18 AM   
cw58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: bshirt7

In no particular order. No details on the improvements, more of a wishlist for now.

1. Additional countries and units

2. Additional scenarios and campaigns

3. Improved HAL

4. Improved Reconnaissance

5. Improved Artillery

6. Improved Graphics

Sounds good, especially #4. Can you elaborate on how that might work? Or, considering the "more of a wishlist" nature of the post, how you would like it to work?

Post #: 20
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 1/9/2010 6:55:19 PM   
dudalb_slith

Make all nationalaties available in generating random battles.
More Spanish CIvil War scenarios and a SCW campaing.

(in reply to cw58)
Post #: 21
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 1/9/2010 8:18:34 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: cw58

Sounds good, especially #4. Can you elaborate on how that might work? Or, considering the "more of a wishlist" nature of the post, how you would like it to work?

I would like to see it work in two ways.

1. Reconnaissance coded units have an improved percentage chance of revealing opposing forces at the beginning of each turn.

2. Reconnaissance coded units would have the ability to expend action points (25-35 AP's) to perform an in-turn LOS check.

Jason Petho

(in reply to cw58)
Post #: 22
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 1/9/2010 8:19:14 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: dudalb

Make all nationalaties available in generating random battles.

Make that #7 on the list!

Thanks for reminding me.

Jason Petho

(in reply to dudalb_slith)
Post #: 23
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 1/9/2010 11:57:23 PM   
cw58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: cw58

I would like to see it work in two ways.

1. Reconnaissance coded units have an improved percentage chance of revealing opposing forces at the beginning of each turn.

2. Reconnaissance coded units would have the ability to expend action points (25-35 AP's) to perform an in-turn LOS check.

Jason Petho

Both great ideas. Keep up the good work!

Post #: 24
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 2/4/2010 10:54:55 PM   
4rakbtl32

1.) Other Infantry Formation like Line, Colum ... if this work the Historic timeline are big . From 30years war to WW3, then this game is the best game to make all the Historic Gamer happy.
2.) More Graphic Icon , like routing or dig in, it is more for the eye
3.) All what Dumnorix has write, this is really great
4.) A Terrain Editor where you can make terrain that you need. It covers Point 3, free terrain slot for make terrain
5.) Capture Artillery that has offerrun
6.) A charge order like the banzai attack for normal Infantry. To make this the leader must check a moraltest oder Leadership test

(in reply to cw58)
Post #: 25
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 2/5/2010 2:26:22 PM   
CaptainHuge

I know this has been mentioned elsewhere but Jason can you add having a setup phase for Generated battles to the list?  It sure would be nice to have a generated battle without having your units thrown down in a haphazard manner.

(in reply to 4rakbtl32)
Post #: 26
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 2/6/2010 12:58:54 AM   
XLVIIIPzKorp

Sure would like to see the Waffen SS set up as a country file so they could have some nice black / dark grey bases with white / light grey SS runes on them.  Nice eye candy in 3D views and much easier to pick out the SS from the Wehrmacht on the map

(in reply to CaptainHuge)
Post #: 27
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 2/10/2010 4:52:35 AM   
Miamieagle

Like I said before the edition that really needs a real upgrade is the Rising Sun edition. Please upgrade it to the Eastern Front Edition level. It needs a revition of its OOB and a lot more LCG and Dynamic Campaign as well. Please include the Chinese Front from 1937 to 1945 in a Campaign. Also the Nomoham and Manchurian Campaign. What about a Campaign for the Battle of Okinawa.

Indonesia 1942 and Burma 1943 and 1945. There is so much missing in this Edition in comparison to the other two that still amazes me.

I would like to see a real good Dynamic Campaign for the Invation of Japan 1945-46.

Please lets make this program the best representative of WW2 on the Tacticle level.

Thank you!

< Message edited by Miamieagle -- 2/11/2010 11:11:23 PM >

(in reply to XLVIIIPzKorp)
Post #: 28
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 2/12/2010 2:41:12 AM   
jbunnelle

Agreed, an uber LCG with major branching would be supreme.  Existing ones are too short for my tastes.

Better unit placement in the DCGs that keeps command groups together. I get really tired of moving tanks out of the woods for twenty minutes before I can start.  Better yet (and a pipe-dream, I realize), start with a clean map and allow me to drop one unit at a time until finished.

< Message edited by jbunnelle -- 2/12/2010 2:42:51 AM >

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 29
RE: Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) - 2/12/2010 7:10:15 AM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miamieagle

Like I said before the edition that really needs a real upgrade is the Rising Sun edition. Please upgrade it to the Eastern Front Edition level. It needs a revition of its OOB and a lot more LCG and Dynamic Campaign as well. Please include the Chinese Front from 1937 to 1945 in a Campaign. Also the Nomoham and Manchurian Campaign. What about a Campaign for the Battle of Okinawa.

Indonesia 1942 and Burma 1943 and 1945. There is so much missing in this Edition in comparison to the other two...

I agree.

Of course, it's easy for me to say. I don't develop scenarios or campaigns; I'm a mere user.

Anyway, I add my vote for expanded Rising Sun content.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Inspirations for upcoming relases (1.06...) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI