Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem with 1.4 and me

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Problem with 1.4 and me Page: <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/9/2010 6:20:11 AM   
Toddr22_slith

I just updated AE to the latest version.

I just updated tracker to 1.4.

I started an AI game, I am playing allies.

I get the following error when go into tracker. Tracker loads but nothing in the alert screen.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1051
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/9/2010 6:29:30 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toddr22

I just updated AE to the latest version.

I just updated tracker to 1.4.

I started an AI game, I am playing allies.

I get the following error when go into tracker. Tracker loads but nothing in the alert screen.

If you are playing more than one day turns ... this is normal ... I think Floyd might fix this for the next release. Alerts have nothing to do with SigInt, they are made by Tracker comparing one save with the next, not from the SigInt files....

(in reply to Toddr22_slith)
Post #: 1052
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/9/2010 2:44:45 PM   
Toddr22_slith

Gotcha,

Thanks for the info. I am playing multi day turns.

Love the utility!!!!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1053
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/11/2010 3:09:22 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toddr22
Gotcha,
Thanks for the info. I am playing multi day turns.
Love the utility!!!!

No worries Todd ...

I've been toying with the idea of improving the TF screen to see not just docking levels, but also re-Arm levels ... also more than that I'd like to see if I can do a lookup for close bases (although maybe this is unneeded) thoughts ?

More stuff on the Air Production screen

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Toddr22_slith)
Post #: 1054
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/11/2010 3:26:25 AM   
bretg80

I'm working on a WiTPAE planner tool that allows you to zoom in and out of the map and to also show where units are moving to and a number of other cool enhancements. Where did you get the file formats for the save files from? Would you be willing to share them? I'm also interested in whether you might want to collaborate on these tools.

Bret

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1055
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/11/2010 3:35:05 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: bretg80

I'm working on a WiTPAE planner tool that allows you to zoom in and out of the map and to also show where units are moving to and a number of other cool enhancements. Where did you get the file formats for the save files from? Would you be willing to share them? I'm also interested in whether you might want to collaborate on these tools.

Bret

We are under NDA (non-disclosure agreement) with Matrix, so we can't share the file formats with you... guess you could contact Joe ...
As for collaboration - this is Floyd's baby as much as mine (although it took ages before he trusted me enough to let him help with Witp-Tracker)... he probably regrets that cause I've pushed him up a long hill for a few years now

What idea's do you have? ... we already have a zoom-able map, you can see lcu movement on the game screen... maybe we can incorporate something here.

[edit]
OR the better way would be to use an OpenOffice connection to our DB and get the data from there ... I can show you how to connect this

(in reply to bretg80)
Post #: 1056
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/11/2010 4:44:58 PM   
Smeulders

A question, in intel we get a filter to search specific units, but if the opponent is moving troops by ship, we often get for example 3/2th Division is being moved in an xAK to abc. Is it possible that when we get such a message, that it will be displayed when we are looking for the 2nd Division in the filter ?

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1057
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/11/2010 8:20:53 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

A question, in intel we get a filter to search specific units, but if the opponent is moving troops by ship, we often get for example 3/2th Division is being moved in an xAK to abc. Is it possible that when we get such a message, that it will be displayed when we are looking for the 2nd Division in the filter ?

You should see both the transport name and the LCU name in the filter and selecting either should show the record. Is that not the case?

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 1058
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/11/2010 8:22:37 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: bretg80

Bret

Like Damian said, we can't share the save file format - you'd need to get that from Matrix.
As for collaboration, I think Damian has kept me "engaged" enough, but if you have feature ideas, please share them and we may incorporate what we can.

(in reply to bretg80)
Post #: 1059
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/11/2010 8:31:07 PM   
ny59giants

Damian/Floyd,

Your screenshot of Air Frames additions looks great. But one small change please. Right now it is "1*Mitsubishi Ha-32" and if your sort under that column it is done by engine # and not engine type (which would be Mitsubishi Ha-32*1).

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1060
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/11/2010 9:17:07 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Damian/Floyd,

Your screenshot of Air Frames additions looks great. But one small change please. Right now it is "1*Mitsubishi Ha-32" and if your sort under that column it is done by engine # and not engine type (which would be Mitsubishi Ha-32*1).

Actually, I'd prefer to see two separate columns, 1 for the engine type and the second for the number of engines per airframe.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 1061
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/11/2010 9:17:08 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

Damian/Floyd,

Actually, I'd prefer to see two separate columns, 1 for the engine type and the second for the number of engines per airframe.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 1062
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/11/2010 9:51:51 PM   
Smeulders

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

You should see both the transport name and the LCU name in the filter and selecting either should show the record. Is that not the case?

Yes, that works perfectly as far as I can tell. The question is that if I choose, for example, the 1st Division in the filter, I also get the records of parts of the 1st Division, like 4/1st Division. Now these are separate and it may be that if I'm searching for info on the division for some reason, I will miss a message telling me that it was shipped to a location, because those messages are usually only give about parts of the unit. Hope this explanation was a bit more clear.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1063
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/11/2010 10:24:17 PM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

Yes, that works perfectly as far as I can tell. The question is that if I choose, for example, the 1st Division in the filter, I also get the records of parts of the 1st Division, like 4/1st Division. Now these are separate and it may be that if I'm searching for info on the division for some reason, I will miss a message telling me that it was shipped to a location, because those messages are usually only give about parts of the unit. Hope this explanation was a bit more clear.

The filter uses a "simple" string match. I'm not sure how else to manage that filter otherwise.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 1064
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/11/2010 10:38:36 PM   
Smeulders

Well, the problem is mainly with detachments from air or sea transport so maybe it is possible that it somehow ignores the "x/" that comes in front of the unit name with this kind of splits ? If not I'll live, just thought this might be handy, thanks for the quick response.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1065
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/12/2010 12:00:03 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
quote:

Damian/Floyd,

I guess if I split it (which I had it doing in the distant distant past), then both of you will be satisfied. I NEED MORE ROOM!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 2/12/2010 12:11:19 AM >

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 1066
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/12/2010 11:33:32 AM   
herwin

Is there any way of running AitPTracker on a 64-bit Windows 7 machine?

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1067
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/12/2010 11:53:16 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
quote:

Damian/Floyd,

I guess if I split it (which I had it doing in the distant distant past), then both of you will be satisfied. I NEED MORE ROOM!

To get it to sort the way you may expect it to, you'll need to write a special routine, since the sorter we use has only a primary sort key, not a secondary.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1068
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/12/2010 12:41:00 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: herwin

Hi Herwin,
certainly you can make it run on a 64 bit machine.

Install just java 32 bit and the MS 32 bit patch, run from the batch file using the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe command or post some errors and I'll work them out with you.

It is a bit more fiddly, but certainly not unattainable

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 1069
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/12/2010 2:05:59 PM   
herwin

I'm running 64-bit Java for development. This is a new machine, so I'm just getting familiarised. Please point me at the appropriate pile of references...

OK, all I did was run that version of cmd, find the .bat file and run it. Seems to work OK. Is there some way of programming that into a bat file?

< Message edited by herwin -- 2/12/2010 2:12:20 PM >

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1070
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/12/2010 2:13:57 PM   
n01487477

quote:

I'm running 64-bit Java for development. This is a new machine, so I'm just getting familiarised. Please point me at the appropriate pile of references...

Herwin,
I've found that having 64 bit java installed might cause problems, (I don't have a 64 bit rig), but from the web I've heard that if you install 32 bit java after 64, then you "might" be ok... otherwise you'll need to uninstall Java 64 bit and just go with the 32 bit(Version 6 Update 18). Or configure it properly (which I'm sure given your computer knowledge you can do/attempt)

Then install the Microsoft Visual C++ SP1 update vcredist_x86.exe
Links are on out web site here:
http://sites.google.com/site/witptracker/installation

Good luck
--Damian--

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 1071
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/12/2010 2:31:39 PM   
herwin

quote:

quote:

Herwin,
I've found that having 64 bit java installed might cause problems, (I don't have a 64 bit rig), but from the web I've heard that if you install 32 bit java after 64, then you "might" be ok... otherwise you'll need to uninstall Java 64 bit and just go with the 32 bit(Version 6 Update 18). Or configure it properly (which I'm sure given your computer knowledge you can do/attempt)

Good luck
--Damian--

That has all been done and it seems to work. Apparently both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the JRE are simultaneously accessible. My next question is how to automate it in a batch file.

Harry Erwin

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1072
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/12/2010 2:38:37 PM   
n01487477

quote:

quote:

quote:

Herwin,

Good luck
--Damian--

That has all been done and it seems to work. Apparently both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the JRE are simultaneously accessible.

I like it when things happen as they are supposed to ...
quote:

My next question is how to automate it in a batch file.

I guess you mean running our batch file on a 64 bit machine ?

Use the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe command to start the witptracker.bat file. You can make a short-cut for this by making a copy of the witptracker.bat file and change the extension to something unused (e.g., witptracker.witp) and then associate the file (using the "Open With..." dialog) to open using SysWOW64\cmd.exe.

--Damian--

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 1073
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/12/2010 3:25:49 PM   
Grotius

Hi Damian,

I just noticed that I'm not getting any LCU Disruption data in my current turn of my PBEM (as Japan, Scenario 2). I use Vista 64 and haven't had any trouble running Tracker up until now. But every LCU shows disruption of zero, and the history shows disruption as zero throughout. Fatigue is reported correctly.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm referring to the Disruption one sees on the left side of an LCU's detail screen, next to Fatigue. In-game, a unit might show Disruption of 15, say; in Tracker, I see zero.

< Message edited by Grotius -- 2/12/2010 3:28:11 PM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1074
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/12/2010 8:10:17 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

Hi Damian,

I just noticed that I'm not getting any LCU Disruption data in my current turn of my PBEM (as Japan, Scenario 2). I use Vista 64 and haven't had any trouble running Tracker up until now. But every LCU shows disruption of zero, and the history shows disruption as zero throughout. Fatigue is reported correctly.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm referring to the Disruption one sees on the left side of an LCU's detail screen, next to Fatigue. In-game, a unit might show Disruption of 15, say; in Tracker, I see zero.

Send me a save (witptracker@gmail.com) and I'll take a look. Maybe I'm reading that information from the wrong location in the save file (though I thought I was).

Floyd

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 1075
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/12/2010 8:24:15 PM   
Grotius

Hi Floyd,

Thanks for your prompt reply! As you requested, I've sent you a recent saved game. I assume you don't need a password or anything other than the saved game.

Also, I assume this doesn't matter, but: this was an "interim" save I put in slot 102, rather than a final "end orders phase" saved game (for which we use slot 5). That's how I've always saved my games with Tracker -- using an "interim" save rather than the "final" saved game, since the save file sent by my Allied opponent is always a day behind what I'm working on. In other words, I typically load his save, watch the replay, make one or two moves, then do an "interim save". I then run that interim save through Tracker.

Thanks for looking into this!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1076
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/13/2010 12:49:03 PM   
Theages

quote:

For another alternative, look at post #919 on page 31 of this thread.

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 1077
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/14/2010 10:56:11 PM   
witpqs

I've run into an error where Tracker hangs when loading a turn. I do run from the .bat file as recommended.

quote:

Here are the messages when starting Tracker.
=================================================================================

D:\My Games\Matrix Games\WITP AE - PBM #1\tools\Tracker>java -Xms384m -Xmx512m -
jar "WitPTracker.jar"
WitP Tracker AE tables loaded in 48 seconds

=================================================================================

Here are the messages when trying to read in the turn.

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: D:\My Gam
es\Matrix Games\WITP AE - PBM #1\tools\Tracker\pwsdll.dll: Not enough storage is
available to process this command
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at JNIpws.JNIpws.<clinit>(JNIpws.java:19)
at witptracker.SaveFileReader.ReadScenarioTurnNumber(SaveFileReader.java
:324)
at witptracker.GUIMain.ReadNewTurn(GUIMain.java:140)
at witptracker.GUIMain.actionPerformed(GUIMain.java:436)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown
Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

(in reply to Theages)
Post #: 1078
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/14/2010 11:06:22 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

I've run into an error where Tracker hangs when loading a turn. I do run from the .bat file as recommended.

quote:

Here are the messages when starting Tracker.

D:\My Games\Matrix Games\WITP AE - PBM #1\tools\Tracker>java -Xms384m -Xmx512m -
jar "WitPTracker.jar"
WitP Tracker AE tables loaded in 48 seconds

Here are the messages when trying to read in the turn.

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: D:\My Gam
es\Matrix Games\WITP AE - PBM #1\tools\Tracker\pwsdll.dll: Not enough storage is
available to process this command

I'd be thinking this is a memory problem (like you suggest), have you tried to increase the memory settings in the batch file ? I'd increase each by 64 until I found the mark. Can I ask how many turns you have loaded ?

Also might want to have a look at the TSR programs you're running ... Start-Run-msconfig ... then startup tab.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1079
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/15/2010 12:23:50 AM   
witpqs

Thanks for the quick comeback. I haven't tried any changes yet, wanting to get the expert opinion first before messing with your batch file. Which memory setting should I try increasing? Or both?

I have several programs running in the system tray (all windows systems do now even if they are not visible in the tray!), but the system has 3GB main memory.

I believe this is the 72nd turn that I am trying to load.

Given that you have some uncertainty, I think what I'll do first is try it again after a reboot. Maybe something in the system has a memory leak? Looking at the Windows Task Manager it doesn't seem that way, but who knows for sure.

I'll report back.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1080
Page:   <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Problem with 1.4 and me Page: <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI