Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wild Bill - Map ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wild Bill - Map ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wild Bill - Map ? - 11/18/2000 11:07:00 PM   
waynef

I have made a Custom Map. I play a Random Battle using the custom map. No problem so far... In the delploy phase the Green and Blue flags that divide the two armies are right next to each other. Right down the middle of the map. The AI puts its units right up to the flags on its side of the map. If I put my forces on my side of the flags, I can see the enemy forces. My Question... Is there anyway to seperate the Blue/green flags that seperate the countries in a random battle with a custom map? Hope I explained this correct. I would like to seperate the flags enough so that there is seperation between the two armies. I know it can be done in a scenario I build. But what about a Random Battle? ------------------ Thanks Wayne

"At My Signal...Unleash Hell" Thanks, Wayne
Post #: 1
- 11/19/2000 12:05:00 AM   
Redleg

When you make a map, the start lines are not defined. To do this, load the map. Go to the scenario editor and either manually set the start lines or let the program do it. There are icons for this. Watch the visibility setting and be sure the start lines are separated by at least that distance, otherwise one force or the other will be likely to deploy within view of the enemy. Check to see that the retreat hexes and reinforcement hexes are ok while you are at it. Save the scenario. It doesn't need to be finished. Then save the map. It should work ok.

(in reply to waynef)
Post #: 2
- 11/19/2000 6:29:00 PM   
waynef

Thanks Its amazing what SPW@W can do, and how much of improvement it is.

"At My Signal...Unleash Hell" Thanks, Wayne

(in reply to waynef)
Post #: 3
- 11/19/2000 10:56:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Thanks Redleg. No one understands these maps and generated battles better than old Redleg, Wayne. I always defer to his opinion on this. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to waynef)
Post #: 4
- 11/20/2000 9:06:00 AM   
Securitas

I just completed making a scenario that has the Germans on the left and the Russians on the right of the map. Yet when I purchased the russian forces, they appeared on the left of the map, same as the germans, and face the wrong way. what am I doing wrong?

Securitas _________________________ 88 is a really nice number

(in reply to waynef)
Post #: 5
- 11/20/2000 10:58:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I've seen that in earlier versions of SP but not this one. I'm not sure. What you can do is put the Russians on the other side, face them the right way and make sure your exit flag and reinforcement flags are put on the correct side. Then go to map editor, click on the two arrow button with arrows pointing side to side in different directions and make sure the Russians are on the side they should be. OR...simply delete the Russian units and pick them again. This time they should appear on the correct side, IF you go into the map editor and tell it which side of the map they are to be on.... This should work for you, Securitas. WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to waynef)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wild Bill - Map ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI