Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air groups that don't upgrade?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Air groups that don't upgrade? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air groups that don't upgrade? - 3/3/2010 3:08:50 AM   
DRF99

Hi,

I've started my first campaign as the allies against the AI and am in mid January '42. I've noticed that there are several air groups that can't upgrade like one of the Buffalo squadrons in Singapore/Malyasia and some of the Swordfish-like torpedo squadrons that start in Hong Kong or Malyasia. Some of the B-17 squadrons that I rescued from the Philippines may not be upgradable as well as some of the oddball Indian, Australian, and NZ light bomber/floatplane groups.

What do you do with these un-upgradable groups? Training in some backwoods place? Wait for all the aircraft to be used up through losses and then disband?

Cheers,
Post #: 1
RE: Air groups that don't upgrade? - 3/3/2010 3:21:49 AM   
topeverest

To have maximum flexibility in a preset scenario, set PLayer Defined upgrades to 'On' Note there still will be a few squadrens with no upgrades.

As to uses of dead end squadrens, that is a question of tactics. Ask youself what uses are there. At a minimum it is a pilot training ground, but I think you can find search, bombing, etc uses.

Andy M

(in reply to DRF99)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Air groups that don't upgrade? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI