Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unable to reform after disbanding TF

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Unable to reform after disbanding TF Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to reform after disbanding TF - 2/28/2010 8:50:11 PM   
2Stepper

This problem seems to have stemmed from a Dock TF then Disband TF set of commands. Currently I have a group of ships in Austrailia that I cannot access. When I docked and disbanded this TF, they went to the repair yard. (ALL of them). The results are that I have a group of ships that are in the shipyards/pierside area and are unable to reform because the game doesn't "think" that they are in the repair yard at all.

I.e. there's no prompts to allow them to be added.

It seems like a database bug where they got plugged into a place and there's no mechanism to move them out.

Thoughts anyone? I can screen capture this if it would be helpful, but my friend and I would REALLY like to avoid a replay if at all possible.

"Send in the Infantry. Tanks cost money... the dead cost nothing..." :)
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to reform after disbanding TF - 2/28/2010 8:53:55 PM   
Sardaukar

Are you sure they are not upgrading?

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to 2Stepper)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to reform after disbanding TF - 2/28/2010 9:55:53 PM   
jwilkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2Stepper

This problem seems to have stemmed from a Dock TF then Disband TF set of commands. Currently I have a group of ships in Austrailia that I cannot access. When I docked and disbanded this TF, they went to the repair yard. (ALL of them). The results are that I have a group of ships that are in the shipyards/pierside area and are unable to reform because the game doesn't "think" that they are in the repair yard at all.

I.e. there's no prompts to allow them to be added.

It seems like a database bug where they got plugged into a place and there's no mechanism to move them out.

Thoughts anyone? I can screen capture this if it would be helpful, but my friend and I would REALLY like to avoid a replay if at all possible.

Sure send a screen shot - might help.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to 2Stepper)
Post #: 3
RE: Unable to reform after disbanding TF - 2/28/2010 11:51:04 PM   
Don Bowen

Post a save in the tech support forum and I'll take a look.

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 4
RE: Unable to reform after disbanding TF - 3/3/2010 12:55:46 AM   
2Stepper

I'm not sure which capture (if any) would be of help, but we have part of it sorted out. It was related to an upgrade for a large portion of the destroyers in the affected TF. The issue seems that it pulled the entire TF into the shipyard. Now that I've been back and forth a few times with it, there's the 3 day readiness commitment for moving ships back out (aka understandable nuisance) coupled with the fact that I didn't want them there to begin with...

As for sending a file, just let me know who to send it to and I'd be happy to. I think part (maybe a good portion even) of this performed normally, but drawing in the whole TF into drydock really seems like an error. Even if its one that only has an impact for around 4 days of gametime. Those can be cruicial.

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 5
RE: Unable to reform after disbanding TF - 3/3/2010 7:48:27 AM   
michaelm75au

Just zip up the save and attach here

Michael

(in reply to 2Stepper)
Post #: 6
RE: Unable to reform after disbanding TF - 3/3/2010 12:36:54 PM   
2Stepper

quote:

Attached with the passcode sent to Michael. Incidentally the file doesn't zip. LOL! No compression at all.

I can provide the pass code to anyone else that needs it. Plus, it may be necessary to look back a couple turns to see it when it first occured (versus the middle).

Attachment (1)

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 7
RE: Unable to reform after disbanding TF - 3/3/2010 12:48:22 PM   
Twotribes

Does no one read the manual? It states in the very beginning, as I recall, that the game compresses the files already and that zip won't give you anymore compression. Ahh it is in the appendices.

Section 20.4.1

Our saved game files are already compressed and encrypted when a game turn is saved. Players will gain very little in terms of file size reduction by zipping them with another 3rd party compression program.

(in reply to 2Stepper)
Post #: 8
RE: Unable to reform after disbanding TF - 3/3/2010 1:02:28 PM   
2Stepper

Heh! Dude, I was simply following a direction from someone trying to help. :) I'm fine with it either way.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 9
RE: Unable to reform after disbanding TF - 3/3/2010 2:54:10 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

Does no one read the manual? It states in the very beginning, as I recall, that the game compresses the files already and that zip won't give you anymore compression. Ahh it is in the appendices.

Section 20.4.1

Our saved game files are already compressed and encrypted when a game turn is saved. Players will gain very little in terms of file size reduction by zipping them with another 3rd party compression program.

But only zip files can attached here. That is the reason why.

Michael

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 10
RE: Unable to reform after disbanding TF - 3/3/2010 5:21:06 PM   
Don Bowen

From what I can tell from the save, it appears that the ships were upgraded individually. I assume you are speaking of Sydney.

There's not much that can be done. If the ships are set for upgrade (upgrade: Yes) then they will begin upgrade as soon as they are in a port of sufficient size. There's really no "TF" after the disband. The ships are individually checked for upgrades due after disband.

Other than tighter control on the upgrade control, I have no suggestions.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 11
RE: Unable to reform after disbanding TF - 3/4/2010 1:20:00 AM   
2Stepper

Hi Don, and thanks for the response on this. I guess the issue (and I understand about the upgrades) is that when I docked the TF and disbanded it, the entire TF was tossed into the shipyard. Even those that didn't require upgrade. They all went in. And it took some wrangling/reactivating to get them back out and active again. This is where the issue potentially lies. A way to check it as to whether its a valid problem is to put a TF that's half ready to upgrade and half not. Dock them (via the GUI) and then disband them. See if they all get tossed in the shipyard. It may only be a one-time occurence or it may be common place, but I think that's the main issue. Not that there's upgrades in progress. But that the entire TF went inactive in the shipyard because of them. They weren't checked in individually by me. The program did it when I disbanded them.

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Unable to reform after disbanding TF Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI