Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

General reserve/active pilot confusion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> General reserve/active pilot confusion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
General reserve/active pilot confusion - 3/6/2010 2:17:23 PM   
Mike Dixon

Has anyone any idea why I can send some pilots in an airgroup to reserve, but in another group and base they can only be made active/inactive?

I've checked air HQ's - at one base an air HQ was present but no pilots could be sent to reserve....

Thanks

Mike
Post #: 1
RE: General reserve/active pilot confusion - 3/6/2010 2:22:14 PM   
Mistmatz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Dixon

Has anyone any idea why I can send some pilots in an airgroup to reserve, but in another group and base they can only be made active/inactive?

I've checked air HQ's - at one base an air HQ was present but no pilots could be sent to reserve....

Thanks

Mike

You cant have fewer pilots than planes in the squadron. Thats been always the cause when I ran into this problem.

If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_the_Pacific:_Admiral%27s_Edition_Wiki

(in reply to Mike Dixon)
Post #: 2
RE: General reserve/active pilot confusion - 3/6/2010 2:25:33 PM   
scott64

quote:

another group and base they can only be made active/inactive?

Prob a withdrawing unit.

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Mike Dixon)
Post #: 3
RE: General reserve/active pilot confusion - 3/6/2010 2:49:08 PM   
jetjockey

Combination of the two. In a squadron not scheduled to withdraw you can place any number of pilots (all??) into the general reserve. If the squadron is to withdraw, only excess pilots can be.

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 4
RE: General reserve/active pilot confusion - 3/6/2010 2:53:20 PM   
ckammp

This thread will help:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2379584&mpage=1&key=?

(in reply to jetjockey)
Post #: 5
RE: General reserve/active pilot confusion - 3/6/2010 3:53:31 PM   
Mike Dixon

Thanks guys....

(in reply to ckammp)
Post #: 6
RE: General reserve/active pilot confusion - 3/8/2010 4:24:14 PM   
Satansbraten

There seems to be another cheat/exploit. This worked with the patch versions from Christmas time (haven't played since then).

For any restricted air unit, put their pilots in group reserve, then select another air unit of the same type (US Army, Navy, Brits, etc.) and select "draw veteran pilot" there. You then select the pilots from the other group's pool (set your filter and sort...). This way the pilots will be put into the TRACOM pool. From there you can select them into any feasible group (i.e., they become available after the travelling delay). Sometimes it seems to work directly (no intermediate TRACOM pooling), maybe it's related to the # of planes rule described above. The side effect will also be, that your TRACOM pool is flooded with exp 20-60 pilots. Not sure about the consequences...

After doing this, you can also completly "save" planes from restricted/to be withdrawn non-HQ air units by dividing the unit in question and disbanding / withdrawing the fragment into any proper target unit. If the unit is not divided, disband / withdraw function may sometimes result into loosing the planes (w.a.d. for some particular units). For HQ units you can not really save the planes, but you may be able to replace more usable planes (eg P-40) with obsolete ones (P-26 etc). But you have to have the full 5 plane complement for replacing to work (my experience), so the old rubbish may ulimately be lost, sniff (unless it is automatically placed into pool when disbanded/withdrawn, which is the case for some units).

BTW, you could also not transfer the pilots and put them into the disband target groups, giving quicker "normal access" to them (again, this is true only for non-HQ units, for the latter ones you will have to use the method described at the start of the posting).

(in reply to Mike Dixon)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> General reserve/active pilot confusion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI