Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  631 632 [633] 634 635   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:08:04 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Excellent song.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I was a grunge fan: Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains. Loathed Nirvana; Kurt Cobain was the epitome of scumbagginess...

Couldnt stand Nirvana, but you gotta admit that some of their riffs were pretty good. Once in a blue, if myself a guitar and some girls are in the same place I'll run through the intro to Smells Like Teen Spirit. The effect is consistently positive.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 18961
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:08:20 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Yuri ,I was a high school kid in the early 70's. We had DISCO! And as bad as that was, I still couldn't appreciate grunge!

Thread preserve me from disco in any way, shape, form or incarnation.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 18962
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:09:20 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

Yuri ,I was a high school kid in the early 70's. We had DISCO! And as bad as that was, I still couldn't appreciate grunge!

Thread preserve me from disco in any way, shape, form or incarnation.

And on that , you and I are totally in agreement.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 18963
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:09:30 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

And get what instead? The so-called real world? I have that Monday through Friday from 6 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon. I see sick and dying people every day; I talk to crying people on the phone every day. Pardon me for wanting to switch off when I take off my scrubs in the afternoon.

Ehhh.....sorry I stepped on your foot, there, buddy.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 18964
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:11:12 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub
Nope. PBEM. I think I could safely pronounce that the KB threat has lessened a little ...

I had my suspicions that my opp would try to do a port attack on Perth while I was doing the Apr 42 upgrades, so I set a little fighter trap. Worked perfectly as you can see.

Yes. You can pretty much stick a fork in the KB as an offensive force (that being said without any peculiarities of AE I'm not familiar with). But I have to say you did pretty well with that collection of flying garbage against such elite pilots.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 18965
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:11:24 PM   
AW1Steve

Well , instead of going out as planned, my spouse felt sick so we stayed home and she watched tv.  On the up side , her "creative bartending" streak came out. 1St a flip, now a Barcardi Cocktail!  I'm dying to see what's next!

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 18966
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:12:29 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

Excellent song.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I was a grunge fan: Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains. Loathed Nirvana; Kurt Cobain was the epitome of scumbagginess...

Couldnt stand Nirvana, but you gotta admit that some of their riffs were pretty good. Once in a blue, if myself a guitar and some girls are in the same place I'll run through the intro to Smells Like Teen Spirit. The effect is consistently positive.

Finally, a new page for me.

Post #: 18967
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:13:52 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Well , instead of going out as planned, my spouse felt sick so we stayed home and she watched tv.  On the up side , her "creative bartending" streak came out. 1St a flip, now a Barcardi Cocktail!  I'm dying to see what's next!

A Bloody Mary and bedtime for you. Its almost 6 PM.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 18968
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:13:56 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

I just noticed something on my second play-through of DAO. In the first game, my male warrior had Morrigan the witch as his lover, while in this game, my female elf rogue has Lelianna the bard as her lover.

When my former character kissed Morrigan, she kept her eyes open. When my current character kisses Lelianna, she has her eyes closed.

Nice touch again, Bioware; good subtle display of the difference between the two NPCs.

I think you could use a little less immersion.

And get what instead? The so-called real world? I have that Monday through Friday from 6 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon. I see sick and dying people every day; I talk to crying people on the phone every day. Pardon me for wanting to switch off when I take off my scrubs in the afternoon.

What ever works, whatever gets you through the day. On the other hand , when you get your new computer hooked up and running , why not spend more time with us here? We've missed you!

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 18969
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:15:42 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

I was never a big fan of bloody mary's. Maybe I should make her something exotic from my old bartending days.....maybe a pousse cafe? Now that's pretty exotic.

Post #: 18970
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:16:08 PM   
Grollub

quote:

quote:

Nope. PBEM. I think I could safely pronounce that the KB threat has lessened a little ...

I had my suspicions that my opp would try to do a port attack on Perth while I was doing the Apr 42 upgrades, so I set a little fighter trap. Worked perfectly as you can see.

Yes. You can pretty much stick a fork in the KB as an offensive force (that being said without any peculiarities of AE I'm not familiar with). But I have to say you did pretty well with that collection of flying garbage against such elite pilots.

Yup. The results were beyond my wildest expectations. In all honesty, my opp seems to have had problems getting all his Zeros to fly or the result wouldn't have been so good. He's being quite the gentleman about it though, which is nice.

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

Post #: 18971
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:16:29 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

I was never a big fan of bloody mary's. Maybe I should make her something exotic from my old bartending days.....maybe a pousse cafe? Now that's pretty exotic.

OK, so no Bloody Mary. Make it a Shirley Temple, then.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 18972
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:17:20 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yup. The results were beyond my wildest expectations. In all honesty, my opp seems to have had problems getting all his Zeros to fly or the result wouldn't have been so good. He's being quite the gentleman about it though, which is nice.

Are you considering a re-do, or will he go ahead?

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 18973
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:17:24 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

Excellent song.

I can't think of Nirvana without thinking of the Weird Al version. He really can ruin a song for you! Thank goodness!

Post #: 18974
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:18:56 PM   
Grollub

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Are you considering a re-do, or will he go ahead?

We will go ahead.

Post #: 18975
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:19:11 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Excellent song.

I can't think of Nirvana without thinking of the Weird Al version. He really can ruin a song for you! Thank goodness!

Or improve it, in most cases.

I have to admit that my favorites of his were the parodies on Michael Jackson.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 18976
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:20:03 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

We will go ahead.

Theres a trooper. I still wouldnt discount the KB, thought.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 18977
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:20:54 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

OK, so no Bloody Mary. Make it a Shirley Temple, then.

My friend , With my size,age and experince I could probably easily drink you under the table. Are you seriously challeging me? Like all youngsters , you think drinking is a game for the young. It's not. Getting hammered and embarrasing yourself is. For you it's a game, for us old geezers, it's an art.

Post #: 18978
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:22:37 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Excellent song.

Or improve it, in most cases.

I have to admit that my favorites of his were the parodies on Michael Jackson.

Jackson and Madonna were great , but my favorite is "Amish Paradise". And of course two of his own. Christmas at ground zero and One more minute.

Post #: 18979
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:22:48 PM   
Grollub

quote:

quote:

We will go ahead.

There's no risk of that happening. He's lost most of his initial batch of good pilots, but the hulls are still in the game to be refilled.

Edited: Spelling/grammar.

< Message edited by Grollub -- 3/6/2010 10:25:17 PM >

Post #: 18980
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:33:32 PM   
Grollub

quote:

We will go ahead.

Back one step. We'll redo the turn.

Post #: 18981
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:37:16 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

My friend , With my size,age and experince I could probably easily drink you under the table. Are you seriously challeging me? Like all youngsters , you think drinking is a game for the young. It's not. Getting hammered and embarrasing yourself is. For you it's a game, for us old geezers, it's an art.

Well, I've never been much of a drinker. I've certainly never been a sailor. But for all that, I'm certain I could give you a run for your money.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 18982
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:37:34 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Jackson and Madonna were great , but my favorite is "Amish Paradise". And of course two of his own. Christmas at ground zero and One more minute.

Very true.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 18983
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:39:08 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

We will go ahead.

There's no risk of that happening. He's lost most of his initial batch of good pilots, but the hulls are still in the game to be refilled.

If I were your opponent, I would get the squadrons up to strength and go find some lower hanging fruit to pick at to build them up and attempt to give you fits at the same time.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 18984
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:40:45 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

We will go ahead.

That seems fair. If the results are replicated, then tough noogies for your friend.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 18985
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:42:07 PM   
Grollub

quote:

quote:

quote:

We will go ahead.

That seems fair. If the results are replicated, then tough noogies for your friend.

Yup.

Post #: 18986
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:45:13 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

We will go ahead.

Yup.

On the other hand, if the rest of his escort launches, the locals will have a lot of scrap metal to turn in. Everyone's a winner.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 18987
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 11:23:23 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

We will go ahead.

If I were your opponent, I would get the squadrons up to strength and go find some lower hanging fruit to pick at to build them up and attempt to give you fits at the same time.

I did that once playing the allies in a WITP vanilla Guad scenario. Load up Port Moresby with lots of AA ,Put up P-40's and F4F's as top cover , then put some P-39's at low level. My opponents zeros were massacred. It was really ugly for him!

Post #: 18988
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 11:26:52 PM   
USSAmerica

Wow, the AE grand campaign has such a huge scale!  As anally retentive as I am, it could take weeks before I get everything set the way I want to start off.  At least I have the most patient opponent in the world right now.  

After a good 4-6 hours, I've covered the off map bases, North America, and Hawaii/Midway.  I still need to go back to those areas and get some AK's started loading, but very little will be leaving any ports until I have escorts available.  I also need to go back and set up all the restricted command squadrons to participate in my training program.  A lot of my time has been spent just soaking things in and starting to get a vague idea of what the big picture looks like. 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

Post #: 18989
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 11:30:45 PM   
USSAmerica

I think I still have a slight case of RAM envy of T's new computer.  

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 18990
Page:   <<   < prev  631 632 [633] 634 635   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  631 632 [633] 634 635   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI