Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Just cannot get wide screen to work

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Just cannot get wide screen to work Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Just cannot get wide screen to work - 3/7/2010 12:58:15 AM   
Zenra

I've tried many different combinations of switches but I simply cannot enable a resolution other than 1024x768 either in full screen or windowed mode. For example, setting the shortcut to:

"C:\MG\WitPAE-MvJ\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w –px1680 –py1050 -dd_sw -altFont

results in the same 1024x768 window I had been running with before the patch. (love the other switches, which work fine by the way - the alternate font is much more readable, and the Direct Draw switch results in much better performance for me)

My native resolution is 1920x1200, using an NVIDIA Quadro FX 2700M graphics adaptor.

I've tried 1920x1200 full screen and other permutations, but no luch. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Mitchell
Post #: 1
RE: Just cannot get wide screen to work - 3/7/2010 1:14:35 AM   
jomni

Editing existing short cuts in desktop and start menu does not work for me.
What I did to make it work is to create a new shortcut of the main .exe from the AE install directory and put in the command strings there.

(in reply to Zenra)
Post #: 2
RE: Just cannot get wide screen to work - 3/7/2010 1:22:10 AM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mitchell

I've tried many different combinations of switches but I simply cannot enable a resolution other than 1024x768 either in full screen or windowed mode. For example, setting the shortcut to:

"C:\MG\WitPAE-MvJ\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w –px1680 –py1050 -dd_sw -altFont

results in the same 1024x768 window I had been running with before the patch. (love the other switches, which work fine by the way - the alternate font is much more readable, and the Direct Draw switch results in much better performance for me)

My native resolution is 1920x1200, using an NVIDIA Quadro FX 2700M graphics adaptor.

I've tried 1920x1200 full screen and other permutations, but no luch. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Looks like the dashes in front of your "-px" and "-py" are too long. Probably copied from the readme. Delete the dashes in your shortcut command line and retype them.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Zenra)
Post #: 3
RE: Just cannot get wide screen to work - 3/7/2010 1:51:27 AM   
n01487477

quote:

You need to set it to your native resolution to begin with ... 1920 & 1200 ... try that first.

(in reply to Zenra)
Post #: 4
RE: Just cannot get wide screen to work - 3/7/2010 2:25:27 AM   
Don Bowen

quote:

Try it without the -w (which orders windowed mode).

(in reply to Zenra)
Post #: 5
RE: Just cannot get wide screen to work - 3/7/2010 3:53:47 AM   
loyalcitizen

Shorten those dashes. That will fix it, guaranteed.

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 6
RE: Just cannot get wide screen to work - 3/9/2010 2:46:21 AM   
Zenra

Thanks everyone - it was indeed the dashes, which I did copy and paste from the "What's new" pdf...

Works great now - thanks for the wide screen support WitPAE team!

Mitchell

(in reply to loyalcitizen)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Just cannot get wide screen to work Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI