Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Rise of Communism--USSR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> After Action Reports >> The Rise of Communism--USSR Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Rise of Communism--USSR - 3/5/2010 6:23:45 PM   
DBake

I will be playing this game as the USSR, anyone who somehow decides to join me I will then take control of also.

Here are the house rules
House rules:
- new units have to be deployed in original home countries only
- new units must be divisions and can be upgraded only if not in ZOC or (if in ZOC) need to have at least 5% defense bonus.
- Leaders can be only assigned to L1 divisions and then act as HQ units (usually behind the front)
- control of a country is given to human players once they are influenced by 50% or more
- no more than 5% of PP can be shipped to other nations at any given time (exception events such as Lend Lease)
- Ships can only be repaired 1 HP per turn (for a bit more realism in repair times)

Basis: Will be done the best that I can, not positive that I will be great at this but giving it a shot.
Post #: 1
RE: The Rise of Communism--USSR - 3/5/2010 6:49:08 PM   
DBake

Well as I can't quite figure out how to get an image off the game yet ill just try and do this in an article.

September 24, 1939
(AP)-Moscow--We have received requests of the Polish to help in their war against the Germans, we have declined this because we have things to gain from their loss as long as our German leader will continue with our treaty. Poznan has fallen, Breslau has fallen, and so have the oil supply lines of Katowice and Gilwitz. Cracow looks to only have a few days left, which will surely be followed by Lodz and then Warsaw.

Comrade Stalin has ordered the march of all pieces of the army to the Polish Border in case of German trechary. We should be beginning Tank lvl 2 Research started in the next week or two. We have ordered the armament of the Finish and Estonian fronts in the hopes of an easy win.

In the west the allies seem content to let the fall of Poland buy some time for them. No movement has been made by France on the border.

(in reply to DBake)
Post #: 2
RE: The Rise of Communism--USSR - 3/5/2010 6:58:38 PM   
DBake

(AP)-Moscow-- Comrade Stalin has accepted the idea of the Bolshevik Industrialization, now is when we will find out how much that will help us. Cracow and Lodz are both under siege by the huge and quick German Army, Danzig has fallen. The advance towards Warsaw seems to have stalled this week as the Germans don't look to have gained any ground in reaching the Capital.

Poland is still holding out hope but the only question left isn't if they can, but it is how long they can hold out.

There is still no movement out of France or Great Britain.

(in reply to DBake)
Post #: 3
RE: The Rise of Communism--USSR - 3/6/2010 5:52:21 AM   
gwgardner

finally, another AAR! For images just hit the print screen button on your keyboard. That puts the image in your clipboard. Then startup Windows Paint or some other such program, and hit ctrl-v to get the image from the clipboard into Paint. In Paint, you can save to .jpg. Use snippet or Screenhunter or Irfanview to get small segments of an image.

Then attach the image in your post in this forum.

(in reply to DBake)
Post #: 4
RE: The Rise of Communism--USSR - 3/6/2010 4:48:56 PM   
Chocolino

Great that you write an AAR. Looking forward to reading it!

In addition to Gary's explanations here a quick snapshot on how to make snapshots (you probably have figured it out by now, but just in case). Please keep in mind that you can only upload certain formats to this formum. Saving and uploading as a jpg is a good choice.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DBake)
Post #: 5
RE: The Rise of Communism--USSR - 3/6/2010 9:21:59 PM   
DBake

October 9, 1939

(AP)-Moscow--Our news correspondents have finnaly received pictures from Stalin himself for what is going on around the country right now.
All of the major cities on the borders are being loaded with as many troops as they can supply. Reports from the Finnish Government show a lot of concern about the Russian Move toward the border.

Warsaw and Poland look to fall in the next couple of weeks.

Infantry lvl 2 Tech has been boosted, hoping to get that into place before any German acts of war.

Was my first try with the photos, hope it turns out readable, if not then ill try and go for a different and larger format each time.

(in reply to Chocolino)
Post #: 6
RE: The Rise of Communism--USSR - 3/6/2010 9:50:46 PM   
DBake

(AP)-Moscow--Poland is all but lost, now to see if the Germans will honor our pact?

If they do, a full out war with Finland is expected.

(in reply to DBake)
Post #: 7
RE: The Rise of Communism--USSR - 3/6/2010 10:13:52 PM   
DBake

November 24th, 1939

From what I have heard the Finns fight tough so I opened the war on three Different fronts, one high north near VP city Pesamoto, 1 in the Middle to come around behind their front line. And one that you see near lenningrad.

(in reply to DBake)
Post #: 8
RE: The Rise of Communism--USSR - 3/7/2010 5:05:21 PM   
DBake

Starting the new year off right as January is Here Finland may be going down. 

Vyborg is Surrounded in Southern Finland, now to get the armor in place to make a seige or the troops will have trouble keeping supplies. In the center the Finns sent many troops to try and stop the flanking move, so far it has worked but they are well out of their supply range and so are our Troops.
In the Northern Sector Pesamoto is no more than a few days from being under seige as we have placed a tank division near to try and be the foot to the pedal.

< Message edited by DBake -- 3/7/2010 5:10:42 PM >

(in reply to DBake)
Post #: 9
RE: The Rise of Communism--USSR - 3/7/2010 5:47:41 PM   
DBake

It has been two months since Vyborg was nearly surrounded, it still looks the same. The northern Sector of the war seems finished as Pesamoto has surrendered. THe Center Section is nearing the end as all units there ran out of supply or were killed.
In the south the lead divisions have reached the edge of Helsinki.

In the West
All is quiet on the western front, but the Germans have had a series of events dealing with starting operations, they seem ready to attack denmark and Norway.

(in reply to DBake)
Post #: 10
RE: The Rise of Communism--USSR - 3/7/2010 5:57:52 PM   
DBake

March 6th, apparently the Germans decided it would be advantages for them to go to war with almost everyone in the western hemisphere.
This will give us more time to prepare for the Germans and possibly we should declare on the germans while the time is ripe.

EDIT: Denmark is also now at war with the Germans, they just don't feel it necessary to join the Allies.

< Message edited by DBake -- 3/7/2010 6:00:47 PM >

(in reply to DBake)
Post #: 11
RE: The Rise of Communism--USSR - 3/7/2010 6:10:41 PM   
DBake

Luxembourg falls. Germany pushes through the Maginot line in France, could that spell doom for the Frogs? THe netherlands and Belgium are losing ground rapidly.
Not Picuured is the movment in Denmark, The Danes have lost all of their southern piece of their country. Denmakr still controls both cities but let's be honest if they don't join the allies they will lose that country within the next week or two.

(in reply to DBake)
Post #: 12
RE: The Rise of Communism--USSR - 3/7/2010 6:34:12 PM   
DBake

(in reply to DBake)
Post #: 13
RE: The Rise of Communism--USSR - 3/7/2010 6:37:08 PM   
DBake

Germany is destroying the defenses of everyone they are fighting. I am sure that if they could reach Norway, Iraq or Great Britain then they would be running through them right now too.

As for us, we are going to begin building the front line up to at least slow any advance by the Germans.

(in reply to DBake)
Post #: 14
RE: The Rise of Communism--USSR - 3/7/2010 7:06:41 PM   
DBake

Not Pictured: Fall of The Netherlands on the next turn. Didn't wanna take up another whole post with that.

(in reply to DBake)
Post #: 15
RE: The Rise of Communism--USSR - 3/7/2010 7:59:59 PM   
DBake

I am at a crossroads in this campaign. Who to war with next?
My gut tells me attacking Romania at this point would add them to the axis which would make it almost too easy to waltz through them to berlin from the south. But what would be the fun in that?

So then the question is who to attack? Sweden, Turkey or Persia? I haven't seen anyone attack Sweden so I am leaning on going through there, though that will likely be longer than by nearly 6 month campaign in Finland. Ill pry decided by the time I get my troops moved to the front.

Edit: I have forgotten my update on the West in my pursuit of taking Finland. Paris is now the front lines of France how long can the French and British hold out? I for one am almost sure that it will be less than a month.
Oddly enough the Germans have decided to let the Danes stay in the game and have just stopped their march towards copenhagen. Maybe we will have to go through sweden to come down and get a shot at them.

< Message edited by DBake -- 3/7/2010 8:03:04 PM >

(in reply to DBake)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> After Action Reports >> The Rise of Communism--USSR Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI