Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  638 639 [640] 641 642   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 5:27:18 PM   
USSAmerica

New page.  

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 19171
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 5:27:47 PM   
USSAmerica

Post lunch time walk - Tithe. 

Now, time for some food! 

Mike

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 19172
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 5:28:07 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Morning tithe.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 19173
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 5:28:29 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

Ye gods!!!!!! I appear to have missed butt blast day!

Youre just jelous.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 19174
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 5:29:44 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

Fortunately I'm fully trained in domestic duties unlike you human males.

PWNED!

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 19175
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 5:30:56 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America
Steve, it's in Ogame.org. Mike and I didn't pay attention to a game rule when we made a trade, so we get a time out.

I've gotten into a couple of these browser-based things since I've gotten all this time, but I cant get into O-Game.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 19176
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 5:33:53 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie
None of those people ever commited a faber.

You tellin' me the sermon on the mount wasn't a faber?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19177
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 5:34:41 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Bumping this post, cause I would like opinions on my question.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

PUDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

CHOCOLATE PUDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

There's your answer.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19178
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 5:40:39 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

Paul hardcastle is/was. I didn't particularly like 19. The Pet Shop Boys "Go West" was fun.

My brother introduced me to the Pet Shop Boys back in the 90s. Been a fan ever since.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 19179
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 5:49:40 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Aaaaand.....theres nobody here.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 19180
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 5:54:24 PM   
sprior

I am

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 19181
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 6:10:18 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

I am

Glad to see you Simon.

Last week at the old job?

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 19182
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 6:11:20 PM   
sprior

No, next week is. They've even got me working this weekend installing a new network core switch.

- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 19183
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 6:57:50 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

No, next week is. They've even got me working this weekend installing a new network core switch.

Ohhhh....that's really weak. Expected overtime work the week before leaving the company?

Well, I'm not going to tell you how to respond, Simon, but I sure do hope you get over your short-lived yet debilitating illness scheduled for Friday at 5pm. I'd call in sick too if I were you. You'd better rest up and recuperate.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 19184
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 7:13:37 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Good evening!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19185
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 7:21:25 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Coldest march in 30 years here... we expect around 10+ cm of snow (4-5 inches) in next 2 days...

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 19186
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 7:28:21 PM   
sprior

quote:

quote:

Ohhhh....that's really weak. Expected overtime work the week before leaving the company?

Well, I'm not going to tell you how to respond, Simon, but I sure do hope you get over your short-lived yet debilitating illness scheduled for Friday at 5pm. I'd call in sick too if I were you. You'd better rest up and recuperate.

I'll get the time back at the beginning and end of the week so I end up with a 2 1/2 day week next week.

- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19187
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 7:32:28 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'll get the time back at the beginning and end of the week so I end up with a 2 1/2 day week next week.

Ah. Fair 'nuff then.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 19188
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 8:07:51 PM   
USSAmerica

Just finished catching up on Simon and Cap Mandrake's AAR.  My sides still hurt.  

Mike

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19189
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 8:22:51 PM   
USSAmerica

Looks like I'm in the market for a new car insurance company after 22 years.  My wife was backed into by another car in a parking lot for less than $1000 damages.  Police report clearly stated that the other driver backed into my wife.  We fronted the $250 deductible while waiting for the claim to be settled.  Turns out the other driver is in the same "good hands" that we are.  They chose to ignore the findings of the police report, even after I appealed the decision, and split the fault 50-50.  We eat the $250, which makes my wife furious.  Then, today I get my new policy and see a fairly hefty rate increase due to the "liable claim", which infuriates me.  

Mike

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 19190
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 8:27:06 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Looks like I'm in the market for a new car insurance company after 22 years.  My wife was backed into by another car in a parking lot for less than $1000 damages.  Police report clearly stated that the other driver backed into my wife.  We fronted the $250 deductible while waiting for the claim to be settled.  Turns out the other driver is in the same "good hands" that we are.  They chose to ignore the findings of the police report, even after I appealed the decision, and split the fault 50-50.  We eat the $250, which makes my wife furious.  Then, today I get my new policy and see a fairly hefty rate increase due to the "liable claim", which infuriates me.  

Ahhh... insurance companies...

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 19191
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 8:52:20 PM   
anarchyintheuk

As a rule I despise insurance companies. It's perverse gambling . . . . when you win you lose, when you lose you lose.

Having said that USAA rules.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 19192
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 8:53:33 PM   
gladiatt

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

Coldest march in 30 years here... we expect around 10+ cm of snow (4-5 inches) in next 2 days...

Leo "Apollo11"

Hi Leo.
Same thing here: coldest march in 30 years; but we already have the 3 inch of snow (and it is even worse souther of me, near Spain)

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 19193
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 8:57:25 PM   
gladiatt

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

Ahhh... insurance companies...

Leo "Apollo11"

My parents remenber a time , 20 years ago or so, when issurances were not obligatory.
You made a gamble: pay for the insurrance evry month, or take the risk that nothing will damage your house/car/glasses/dog/whatever.
But with time, this became an obligation.
And now, you must pay, but you never get your money back

As an example (one of so many), we had a storm in France 1 week ago. 50 deads. THousand of house flooded.
There was on TV news the example of a familly wich received a letter from insurrances saying they won't give so much money because it was not on the contract .

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 19194
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 9:11:20 PM   
USSAmerica

Some quick shopping online has turned up Progressive Insurance Company with a very good quote for both of us, and both cars.  Same coverage is actually almost $300 less/6 months than my current Allstate policy, which would be increasing by $330/6 months in April. 

Anyone have any opinions or experience with Progressive? 

Yuri, any "expert" advice? 

Mike

(in reply to gladiatt)
Post #: 19195
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 9:27:11 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

I stayed with State Farm by default after I left my parent's umbrella some time ago. They've always been very good to work with, particularly on our homeowner's side.

July 5 of 2008 saw my wife total our old car in a major MVA. Two idiot teenagers (PUNKS-see the Geezer thread) turned in front of her in an intersection and she T-boned 'em as she proceeded straight through on the green. Luckily no one was seriously hurt.

State Farm settled with us very quickly for the fair market value of the car and included the value of the child safety seats inside the car that were rendered unusable in the wreck. Furthermore, as the other drivers were 100% at fault, they went after the other drivers' insurance company in an effort to reimburse our initial $500 collision deductable. They handled all the legal paperwork and we did have our deductable returned to us by their efforts.

We've had major damage to our homes and cars caused by a Tornado / hail in two of the past three years ($30,000 / $5,500 / $3,500, respectively). They've been very easy and helpful to work with. Easier than contractors, that's for darn sure.

Never a hint of raising our premiums, in spite of all of these issues. I haven't compared rates in a while, but when I did a few years ago they were competitive. When combined with the loyal service, I've got no reason to consider going elsewhere.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 19196
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 9:29:27 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

As a rule I despise insurance companies. It's perverse gambling . . . . when you win you lose, when you lose you lose.

Having said that USAA rules.

USAA FOREVER!

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 19197
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 9:31:06 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: gladiatt

quote:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Hi Leo.
Same thing here: coldest march in 30 years; but we already have the 3 inch of snow (and it is even worse souther of me, near Spain)

Snow's good for you! Stop whining! Get out there and shovel! It builds character!

Say's Steve as he starts pricing snow shovels!

(in reply to gladiatt)
Post #: 19198
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 9:33:30 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

I stayed with State Farm by default after I left my parent's umbrella some time ago. They've always been very good to work with, particularly on our homeowner's side.

July 5 of 2008 saw my wife total our old car in a major MVA. Two idiot teenagers (PUNKS-see the Geezer thread) turned in front of her in an intersection and she T-boned 'em as she proceeded straight through on the green. Luckily no one was seriously hurt.

State Farm settled with us very quickly for the fair market value of the car and included the value of the child safety seats inside the car that were rendered unusable in the wreck. Furthermore, as the other drivers were 100% at fault, they went after the other drivers' insurance company in an effort to reimburse our initial $500 collision deductable. They handled all the legal paperwork and we did have our deductable returned to us by their efforts.

We've had major damage to our homes and cars caused by a Tornado / hail in two of the past three years ($30,000 / $5,500 / $3,500, respectively). They've been very easy and helpful to work with. Easier than contractors, that's for darn sure.

Never a hint of raising our premiums, in spite of all of these issues. I haven't compared rates in a while, but when I did a few years ago they were competitive. When combined with the loyal service, I've got no reason to consider going elsewhere.

They had some major problems in Florida when I was there. If I recall the state insurance commission had to step on them rather severly after thei conduct during hurricane Andrew. Bruce, do you recall anything about it?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19199
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 9:34:19 PM   
gladiatt

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: gladiatt

quote:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Hi Leo.

Snow's good for you! Stop whining! Get out there and shovel! It builds character!

Say's Steve as he starts pricing snow shovels!

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 19200
Page:   <<   < prev  638 639 [640] 641 642   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  638 639 [640] 641 642   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI