Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

now you see them, now you don't...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> now you see them, now you don't... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
now you see them, now you don't... - 3/11/2010 8:28:02 PM   
Tomcat

I've been away from the game for a while but with the new patch I decided to start a new game. However...

I transferred ten highly skilled pilots to my training command but when I examine the status screen I only see some of them. Where did the others go? I transferred them all at the same time, waited a few days, and there is no sign of the missing pilots on any status screen. What happened to my heros?

I transported a squad of A24s to Port Moresby, the ship arrive, unloaded, and left, but the planes aren't there. No status screen shows the squad anywhere. There were no attacks on the ship and the planes don't show up on the airfield at Port Moresby. They aren't at the original port either. I hate to lose a squad of good planes like this! Any ideas what happened, or is this a known "Bermuda Triangle" sort of thing?
Post #: 1
RE: now you see them, now you don't... - 3/11/2010 8:30:16 PM   
Jim D Burns

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tomcat

I've been away from the game for a while but with the new patch I decided to start a new game. However...

I transferred ten highly skilled pilots to my training command but when I examine the status screen I only see some of them. Where did the others go? I transferred them all at the same time, waited a few days, and there is no sign of the missing pilots on any status screen. What happened to my heros?

I transported a squad of A24s to Port Moresby, the ship arrive, unloaded, and left, but the planes aren't there. No status screen shows the squad anywhere. There were no attacks on the ship and the planes don't show up on the airfield at Port Moresby. They aren't at the original port either. I hate to lose a squad of good planes like this! Any ideas what happened, or is this a known "Bermuda Triangle" sort of thing?

Your best bet is to make a post in tech support with a save attached. They'll have to look at your game to see what's happening.

Jim

(in reply to Tomcat)
Post #: 2
RE: now you see them, now you don't... - 3/11/2010 8:50:15 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tomcat

Hi Tomcat,

I'm no Matrix tech support person, so I hope I can answer this post through the forum for ya.

The pilot training .pdf that came with the second patch indicates that there may be some random delay up to 15 days in moving between different commands (group reserve, Tracom, general reserve) and the unit in question. For some reason, the 'delay' counter for your pilots only goes up to 7 (?!) with their name showing. If the randomly assigned delay is greater than that, pilots will 'disappear' into the ether for a week or so before being identified as in transit with a corresponding arrival date.

So: long story short: check 'em again in a week. I'll bet they reappear.

Does this help?

As for the aircraft: beats the heck out of me.

(in reply to Tomcat)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> now you see them, now you don't... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI