Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions about AI cheating.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> The War Room >> Questions about AI cheating. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions about AI cheating. - 3/12/2010 12:36:28 PM   
agnelius

Hello everybody.
I am a novice here but I am fun of the game.
I think CoG the best of strategic games, may be.But After a couple monthes of playing, I feel myself disappointed slightly.
I was trying 3 times to start play by Austria/First very Difficult level,then just Difficult and standart level.I am sure now , Austria is an unplayable faction in COG..Misarable soldiers/NMoral-no money,always fatigue,bad generals.I wonder,why Austria was one of the powerful empires in world till WW I?What about Radetsky or Charles?..
OK I have returned to my french campaign.(standart level)
Detailed battles after 1808 have suprised me unpleasantly.Russia begun an invasion after defeat in war one year earlier.I have forced them to reduce russian army and pay 10 percents of income.But now I see huge armies with unbelivable upgrades.Evreybody charging,no losses of moral and so on...Russian has no spent time for capturing a provinces.One turn -invasion ,and province captured.(my french army spending 5-6 monthes to take any province)
Paris,having 7-8 level of guns has captured at one turn also...
Detailed battles.
Approximitely equel armies.But french all have no moral,fatique and misinteprite commands.2-3 fire attacks and devision routing.Cavalery becoming disordered after charging and cannot back to commands during all battles!Russians are charging,returning to formation on second turn.All devisions of 10 000 strengh and 4-6 moral.We have 3th battle in Paris.But I see no any losses in russian army!10 000 or 8 000 of strengh.And my misarable remains after third battles!
Is anybody can comment such facts?Or this is a script,becouse France must to fall by all means?I could understand such a cheating of AI on highest level of difficulty but I play standart.
Hope to back to the game.
Post #: 1
RE: Questions about AI cheating. - 3/12/2010 3:00:30 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: agnelius

Hello everybody.
I am a novice here but I am fun of the game.
I think CoG the best of strategic games, may be.But After a couple monthes of playing, I feel myself disappointed slightly.
I was trying 3 times to start play by Austria/First very Difficult level,then just Difficult and standart level.I am sure now ,
1) Austria is an unplayable faction in COG..Misarable soldiers/NMoral-no money,always fatigue,bad generals.I wonder,why Austria was one of the powerful empires in world till WW I?What about Radetsky or Charles?..
OK I have returned to my french campaign.(standart level)
Detailed battles after 1808 have suprised me unpleasantly.Russia begun an invasion after defeat in war one year earlier.I have forced them to reduce russian army and pay 10 percents of income.
2) But now I see huge armies with unbelivable upgrades.Evreybody charging,no losses of moral and so on...Russian has no spent time for capturing a provinces.
3) One turn -invasion ,and province captured.(my french army spending 5-6 monthes to take any province)
Paris,having 7-8 level of guns has captured at one turn also...
Detailed battles.
4) Approximitely equel armies.But french all have no moral,fatique and misinteprite commands.2-3 fire attacks and devision routing.
5) Cavalery becoming disordered after charging and cannot back to commands during all battles!Russians are charging,returning to formation on second turn.All devisions of 10 000 strengh and 4-6 moral.We have 3th battle in Paris.
6) But I see no any losses in russian army!10 000 or 8 000 of strengh.And my misarable remains after third battles!
Is anybody can comment such facts?
6)Or this is a script,becouse France must to fall by all means?I could understand such a cheating of AI on highest level of difficulty but I play standart.
Hope to back to the game.

My two cents, take it for what it is worth.

1) Not unplayable, challenging, and I agree that their economy is not too good, but that can be improved if you give yourself some time. Build banks and courts, unless memory serves me incorrectly, Austria is one of those powers that starts with "too many" provinces, and whatever you do, DO NOT CHANGE FEUDAL LEVELS untill you are ready to take the penalties for this.

2) Remember that surrendering nets you 300 upgrade points for your army, that becomes quite a few upgrades.

3) This is the way I do things too, I am guessing that your armies are too small to effectively tackle the fortress. The formula is somewhere in the manual, but I do not recall it by heart and am short on time, so nto enough time atm to look it up for you.

4) No morale...A quick question, what are your reinforcement training levels set to? If you are set to get 3.0 morale troops, then you will indeed have a problem, yes. Always alter it (either by adjusting age for recruits, or training period for the recruits or both).

5) Yes, Cavalry becomes disordered after a charge most of the time, and they are a pain to reform, high morale and night time is the best antidote to this.

6) Nah, in one of my games as France (2nd hardest) I controlled most of Europe without too much difficulty.

Terje

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to agnelius)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions about AI cheating. - 3/13/2010 9:23:21 AM   
agnelius

terje439Thanks for comments.
But for me is not clear anyway why russian invadors have no any losses.We had have 2 battles in France by huge armies of both sides.I lost them but I suspected to see Russian Army not so huge in next battle.But all devisions have 10 000 or 8 000 of strengh
For example i know definitly that in TotalWar games AI just cloning and producing an armies without any economical reason.I begin to suspect the same in COG.
I cannot undersand how is possible to upgrade an army during one year after russian defeat.Probably I am not experienced gamer and I dont like to learn a manuals thoroughly.
*..in one of my games as France (2nd hardest) I controlled most of Europe without too much difficulty.* Yes I am also controlling whole Europe including Poland and Minsk but after 1808 Russia begun a war with huge armies...

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 3
RE: Questions about AI cheating. - 3/13/2010 2:05:39 PM   
terje439

First of all, how many troops did you kill during those battles?
And I am guessing that the Russians have their draft rate set high, this coupled with high manpower in their nation will allow them to let their divisions get back to strength quickly.

However I am not saying that the AI does NOT cheat, but I have not seen what you explain.

Terje

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to agnelius)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> The War Room >> Questions about AI cheating. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI