Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

There doesn't appear to be any strategy to this game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Smugglers IV - Doomsday >> There doesn't appear to be any strategy to this game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
There doesn't appear to be any strategy to this game - 12/30/2009 4:20:53 AM   
Gunhawk

Am I wrong?

I fight battle after battle and the outcome is always pure luck. Maybe I miss...maybe I hit. Maybe he hits...maybe he doesn't. Small ships blow up my big ships. Small ships hit harder than mine. There doesn't appear to be any reason for that. It's getting boring after three days.

Can anybody please give me their winning strategy?

Post #: 1
RE: There doesn't appear to be any strategy to this game - 12/30/2009 1:30:24 PM   
vonRocko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunhawk

Am I wrong?

I fight battle after battle and the outcome is always pure luck. Maybe I miss...maybe I hit. Maybe he hits...maybe he doesn't. Small ships blow up my big ships. Small ships hit harder than mine. There doesn't appear to be any reason for that. It's getting boring after three days.

You are not wrong, the game is lousy and boring.I haven't played since I bought it.Judging by the number of responses to your questions, nobody else seems to be playing either.

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 2
RE: There doesn't appear to be any strategy to this game - 12/30/2009 5:15:08 PM   
sabre1

I played until I hit Admiral, and captrued a battleship. After that there doesn't seem to be much point. It was fun while it lasted, and then...

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 3
RE: There doesn't appear to be any strategy to this game - 12/31/2009 4:39:59 AM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: sabre1

I played until I hit Admiral, and captrued a battleship. After that there doesn't seem to be much point. It was fun while it lasted, and then...

I made it to Admiral, retired at level "Tycoon" and they gave me a planet named "Sargoth". I had about 7 lives left.

Unless someone can tell me that there's some definite strategy to this game I'm outta here!

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 4
RE: There doesn't appear to be any strategy to this game - 1/14/2010 1:17:58 AM   
killroyishere

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunhawk

Am I wrong?

You are not wrong, the game is lousy and boring.I haven't played since I bought it.Judging by the number of responses to your questions, nobody else seems to be playing either.

Funny when I said that about this game when it first came out I got jumped on by the developer and Erik.

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 5
RE: There doesn't appear to be any strategy to this game - 1/16/2010 6:16:40 PM   
LarryP

quote:

Same here. Why bother, same old same old... same fights, over and over... I'm tired now.

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 6
RE: There doesn't appear to be any strategy to this game - 1/18/2010 4:11:15 PM   
Gargantou

Well in the end Smugglers(the entire series) basically seem to set out to be Sid Meier's Pirates(the old versions) in space, which they accomplish IMO.

Sure they're not exactly great indie games, but they're fun enough for coffee-breaks IMO.*Hides from haters*

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 7
RE: There doesn't appear to be any strategy to this game - 1/19/2010 2:41:47 AM   
sabre1

I don't hate the game. I actually enjoyed it up to a point. I don't regret my purchase.

(in reply to Gargantou)
Post #: 8
RE: There doesn't appear to be any strategy to this game - 1/19/2010 7:17:59 AM   
Gargantou

quote:

I don't hate the game. I actually enjoyed it up to a point. I don't regret my purchase.

Same but I guess I knew what to expect more than some others since I played both Smugglers 2 and 3, and was pretty much just expecting more of the same with some slight improvements.

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 9
RE: There doesn't appear to be any strategy to this game - 3/13/2010 9:46:48 PM   
Grifman

You're definitely wrong. If you don't think combat takes any strategy/tactics, then you're really not paying attention to your weapon techs, skills or those of your opponent. It takes planning, skill and a little luck to take out a corvette with a fighter but it can be done. I got to the end of the demo and was able to do this and it was lots of fun.

(in reply to Gargantou)
Post #: 10
RE: There doesn't appear to be any strategy to this game - 3/13/2010 9:58:28 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grifman

I got to the end of the demo and was able to do this and it was lots of fun.

So you only played the demo? You don't own the game?

(in reply to Grifman)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Smugglers IV - Doomsday >> There doesn't appear to be any strategy to this game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI