Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available Page: <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/14/2010 4:17:16 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: quantas

Thanks for the new version!

one question is open: Where can i find the upgrad informations for the ASK's, AP's etc.? In the upgrade function only combat ships are included.

The conversion stuff is in the Conversions tab. Or do you mean something else?

(in reply to quantas)
Post #: 1201
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/14/2010 4:55:07 PM   
quantas

not the conversions. I'm missing the upgrades of the civilian ships...(like AK's and AP's) . These upgrades started in 1942.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1202
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/14/2010 9:17:26 PM   
Grotius

Hmm, I'm getting all sorts of error messages when I try to run Tracker 1.5. The instructions say:

quote:

If you have an earlier version of WitPTracker AE, you can just replace the witptracker.jar and WiTPTracker.bat files from the ZIP.

So I downloaded the new zip and just copied those two files into my existing tracker directory. But when I then run Tracker.bat, I see error messages like this. (Apologies for the screenshot, which doesn't fit all of the messages, just the final ones; I couldn't figure out how to cut-and-paste all the error messages from the DOS box.)

Edit: one reminder -- I did install an "interim" version of this new build to solve the "unit disruption" bug I reported earlier. Could that have affected this upgrade?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to quantas)
Post #: 1203
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/14/2010 9:30:23 PM   
floydg

Yeah, the interim version you have won't properly upgrade - you'll need to start over.

Moushiwake nai... (can't figure out to to write Japanese characters on this PC).

Floyd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

Hmm, I'm getting all sorts of error messages when I try to run Tracker 1.5. The instructions say:

quote:

If you have an earlier version of WitPTracker AE, you can just replace the witptracker.jar and WiTPTracker.bat files from the ZIP.

So I downloaded the new zip and just copied those two files into my existing tracker directory. But when I then run Tracker.bat, I see error messages like this. (Apologies for the screenshot, which doesn't fit all of the messages, just the final ones; I couldn't figure out how to cut-and-paste all the error messages from the DOS box.)

Edit: one reminder -- I did install an "interim" version of this new build to solve the "unit disruption" bug I reported earlier. Could that have affected this upgrade?

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 1204
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/14/2010 9:36:29 PM   
witpqs

These errors came up during a Tracker v1.5 session. I did a lot of looking around at things and only noticed the errors when I exited so I don't know what I was accessing when these came up.

BTW a couple of turns previously I started with a new DB for the official v1.5 release.
=====================================

quote:

D:\My Games\Matrix Games\WITP AE - PBM #1\tools\Tracker>java -Xms384m -Xmx512m -
jar "WitPTracker.jar"
WitP Tracker AE tables loaded in 32 seconds
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.I
nteger cannot be cast to java.lang.String
at witptracker.AirPoolLossPanel.reCalcurate(AirPoolLossPanel.java:2242)
at witptracker.AirPoolLossPanel.Refresh(AirPoolLossPanel.java:2503)
at witptracker.GUIMain.propertyChange(GUIMain.java:551)
at java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$SwingWorkerPropertyChangeSupport.fireProperty
Change(Unknown Source)
at java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$4.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.swing.AccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Sour
ce)
at sun.swing.AccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.actionPerformed(
Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

D:\My Games\Matrix Games\WITP AE - PBM #1\tools\Tracker>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1205
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/14/2010 9:46:47 PM   
Grotius

quote:

Yeah, the interim version you have won't properly upgrade - you'll need to start over.

I figured as much. No worries. :)

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1206
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/14/2010 11:18:00 PM   
n01487477

quote:

not the conversions. I'm missing the upgrades of the civilian ships...(like AK's and AP's) . These upgrades started in 1942.

What scenario? which side? which ships/classes ? As far as I've seen in most mods these don't upgrade but they do convert ...

(in reply to quantas)
Post #: 1207
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/14/2010 11:22:51 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

These errors came up during a Tracker v1.5 session. I did a lot of looking around at things and only noticed the errors when I exited so I don't know what I was accessing when these came up.

BTW a couple of turns previously I started with a new DB for the official v1.5 release.

This error is finding fault when looking at the build column and trying to calculate the totals. So it is splitting the first number and the one in parenthesis ... hence it is finding a number it can't convert to an integer ...

Not sure I can do much without a save or CSV export of the AirFrame table.

[edit]actually just read the error again and it can't find a string (they are formatted that way) in that column ... hmmm

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 3/14/2010 11:31:43 PM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1208
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/14/2010 11:35:56 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

This error is finding fault when looking at the build column and trying to calculate the totals. So it is splitting the first number and the one in parenthesis ... hence it is finding a number it can't convert to an integer ...

Not sure I can do much without a save or CSV export of the AirFrame table.

[edit]actually just read the error again and it can't find a string (they are formatted that way) in that column ... hmmm

Both are on the way.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1209
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/15/2010 2:05:09 AM   
quantas

in scenario 2, playing the allieds

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1210
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/15/2010 2:06:26 AM   
quantas

quote:

quote:

What scenario? which side? which ships/classes ? As far as I've seen in most mods these don't upgrade but they do convert ...

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1211
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/15/2010 3:22:26 PM   
n01487477

quote:

quote:

quote:

quantas,
you are 100% correct, we seem to be reading the data, but then for some reason saying there are only 2000 max classes to upgrade to ... maybe this was something associated with scenario 1 -

I'll inform Floyd of the error and see what can be done...

Thanks for the report.

(in reply to quantas)
Post #: 1212
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/15/2010 5:34:07 PM   
Grotius

Hey Damian and Floyd,

Version 1.5 is working nicely for me. I've had only one problem so far.

I loaded the first 23 turns without incident. When I first tried to load turn 24 (the December 30, 1941 turn), the program seemed to freeze during turn-processing. That's happened before, so I didn't think much of it. After 2-3 minutes of waiting, I closed Tracker (by hitting the X in the program window, not the DOS Box). Then I restarted Tracker and loaded the turn again. It did work -- but it took a LONG time to process. Like 4 or 5 minutes. I looked at the DOS Box, and it was scrolling so fast I couldn't read it. I thought maybe it was in a loop, so I tried again hitting the "X" on the Tracker window (not the DOS Box), but this time I got a message to 'wait' until the turn finished processing. Indeed it did finish processing, and all has been fine since then. I loaded the next two turns at a normal speed (about 15 seconds), without incident.

Anyway, other than that, it's all looking good for me. I'm just sorry to see the bad news about the HI costs of my pilot training, but better to know than not to know. :)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1213
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/15/2010 6:10:16 PM   
floydg

Grotius -

Sounds like a database insert error was the cause of the slowdown. Some of it could be due to the same information being loaded since you did load the same turn twice.

I don't know why it took a long time the first attempt... We'd need to reproduce.

Floyd

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 1214
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/15/2010 6:35:24 PM   
Grotius

Hi Floyd,

Thanks for your reply I'm not worried about it; Tracker seems to be working fine for me now. But if you want me to send you savegames or whatnot, I'm happy to help.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1215
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/16/2010 2:38:29 AM   
Nomad

Would it be possible to get supplies needed and supplies on hand for all of the LCUs on the main LCU page? the info is available if you select a LCU, but that takes a lot of time. It would be really nice if you could color code the supplies on hand as red( less than required ), green( more than required ).

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 1216
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/16/2010 2:50:59 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Would it be possible to get supplies needed and supplies on hand for all of the LCUs on the main LCU page? the info is available if you select a LCU, but that takes a lot of time. It would be really nice if you could color code the supplies on hand as red( less than required ), green( more than required ).

Hi Nomad,
Floyd's call ... but would a filter be enough or like I've done with LCUProduction where the ID number colour indicates supplies at base - but in this instance showing what you want be valuable or are the numbers really required?

I also saw a request for the dev's to do this too ...

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1217
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/16/2010 3:22:11 AM   
Nomad

Even an alert would be very useful. As it stands, there is no place to find if you have LCUs that are low on supply unless you go through them one at a time. So any method that would tell a player he has an LCU that is low on supply would be great.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1218
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/16/2010 4:03:16 AM   
n01487477

quote:

Even an alert would be very useful. As it stands, there is no place to find if you have LCUs that are low on supply unless you go through them one at a time. So any method that would tell a player he has an LCU that is low on supply would be great.

Alerts will be overkill, there are just too many Lcu's that have less than the required, and a lot of those are at 0 supplies. (I've added a filter for testing for now)

I think the Dev's have a bit of a hiccup here ... this can't be WAD -- surely!

Have a good one - maybe there will be an interim release once there are enough bugs quashed

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1219
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/16/2010 4:20:28 AM   
Nomad

I agree with the hiccup, strange that LCUs in a city can not get supplies but one in the country side can.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1220
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/16/2010 11:11:53 AM   
Moss Orleni

Hi Floyd/Damian,

While checking out Tracker 1.5, I stumbled upon what appears to be an error:

in the Bases panel, when clicking on the Basic History for a given base, Tracker displays (amongst other data) Port Dam, AF Dam (which is Service Damage I think) and Runway Dam.

Comparing the columns with the in-game information, it looks like two things are different:
* the Port Dam and Runway Dam columns are inverted in Tracker
* AF Dam remains at zero in Tracker (even when the AF has service damage in-game)

Hope this helps.
Cheers,

Moss

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1221
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/16/2010 11:39:10 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moss Orleni

Hi Floyd/Damian,

While checking out Tracker 1.5, I stumbled upon what appears to be an error:

in the Bases panel, when clicking on the Basic History for a given base, Tracker displays (amongst other data) Port Dam, AF Dam (which is Service Damage I think) and Runway Dam.

Comparing the columns with the in-game information, it looks like two things are different:
* the Port Dam and Runway Dam columns are inverted in Tracker
* AF Dam remains at zero in Tracker (even when the AF has service damage in-game)

Hope this helps.
Cheers,

Moss

Are you using version 1.5? Version 1.4 had it incorrect and I fixed it. If you upgraded from version 1.4, the old data would have the old (incorrect) information.

Floyd

(in reply to Moss Orleni)
Post #: 1222
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/16/2010 11:39:52 AM   
floydg

quote:

I'll add that.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1223
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 3/16/2010 12:25:26 PM   
Moss Orleni

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

Are you using version 1.5? Version 1.4 had it incorrect and I fixed it. If you upgraded from version 1.4, the old data would have the old (incorrect) information.

Floyd

I am using v1.5, but all turns received were read with v1.4. I'm awaiting the next turn to read in v1.5. So it makes sense indeed that I'm still seeing the incorrect format.

Thanks,

Moss

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1224
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/16/2010 2:32:29 PM   
Marc

Hi Damian and Floyd,

thank you again for your wonderful tool.
Is there any chance you can put some of my wishes in the next version?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc

Hi Damian and Floyd,

thanks again for this wonderful tool and your help.

So much for the praise and here are my wishes
I find it extremely important to plan the disposition of the LCUs because they are very difficult to move to another spot if they are on the wrong side of the world.
To be able to better plan this I would like to propose the following additions to the LCU screen if possible:

Add the following columns to the table:
- restricted unit (true/false)
- static unit (true/false)
- Engineer Value (Engineers + Vehicles * 5)
- loadcost AP
- loadcost AK
- HQ Support Value
- HQ Naval Support Value
- HQ Air Support Value

Add the following filters:
- show all units / only restricted / all but restricted
- show all units / only static / all but static

Is it possible to add a summary line where values are added?
If I filter for example "show me all units in Truk" then I could see the combined values from the units in this base (Engineer Value, Naval Support, Air Support, AV, loadcosts, ...)

Another (bigger) wish would be to add two extra data fields like the Notes field you added already.
The first would be something like "planned destination". I know that I can use the "plan for" field but 1. Perhaps the unit is at first to go to "Wake" but is already planning for an invasion of Midway later and 2. the enemy as a good chance to read "plan for" via SigInt In both cases I would not like to use the "plan for" field.
This should be a drop down list with all bases from AE. A filter for this field would be important too.

The second field that I would like to have is something like "operation". Here I would enter for example "Malaya", "West Pacific", "DEI", "Burma", ... By filtering the operation field (add filter for operation ) and then checking the summary lines I have a very good overview where I have too few or perhaps too many AV, Naval support, Engineers.
It would also be possible to see the needed AK and AP loadcosts for the units taking part in the operation.
The operation field could also be filled via drop down list. This list could be edited elsewhere in your tool (for example File - operations...).

Please consider my ideas.
Anyway thank you again very much.
You have one of the all time best products on the market considering cost-benefit

Marc

IJN Chokai

(in reply to Marc)
Post #: 1225
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/16/2010 2:43:16 PM   
n01487477

quote:

Hi Damian and Floyd,

thank you again for your wonderful tool.
Is there any chance you can put some of my wishes in the next version?

quote:

Hi Damian and Floyd,

thanks again for this wonderful tool and your help.

So much for the praise and here are my wishes
I find it extremely important to plan the disposition of the LCUs because they are very difficult to move to another spot if they are on the wrong side of the world.
To be able to better plan this I would like to propose the following additions to the LCU screen if possible:

Add the following columns to the table:
- restricted unit (true/false)
- static unit (true/false)
- Engineer Value (Engineers + Vehicles * 5)
- loadcost AP
- loadcost AK
- HQ Support Value
- HQ Naval Support Value
- HQ Air Support Value

Add the following filters:
- show all units / only restricted / all but restricted
- show all units / only static / all but static

Is it possible to add a summary line where values are added?
If I filter for example "show me all units in Truk" then I could see the combined values from the units in this base (Engineer Value, Naval Support, Air Support, AV, loadcosts, ...)

Another (bigger) wish would be to add two extra data fields like the Notes field you added already.
The first would be something like "planned destination". I know that I can use the "plan for" field but 1. Perhaps the unit is at first to go to "Wake" but is already planning for an invasion of Midway later and 2. the enemy as a good chance to read "plan for" via SigInt In both cases I would not like to use the "plan for" field.
This should be a drop down list with all bases from AE. A filter for this field would be important too.

The second field that I would like to have is something like "operation". Here I would enter for example "Malaya", "West Pacific", "DEI", "Burma", ... By filtering the operation field (add filter for operation ) and then checking the summary lines I have a very good overview where I have too few or perhaps too many AV, Naval support, Engineers.
It would also be possible to see the needed AK and AP loadcosts for the units taking part in the operation.
The operation field could also be filled via drop down list. This list could be edited elsewhere in your tool (for example File - operations...).

Please consider my ideas.
Anyway thank you again very much.
You have one of the all time best products on the market considering cost-benefit

Marc

Marc,
I've been trying to do some of this ...
  • Restricted and Static - we don't read the data points for that yet - if I find them I'll have a look.
  • LCU Production has load cost & AP load - and in AE load cost is standardised for AK/AP's ...
  • Support Values - up to Floyd on the Lcu table display...BUT One problem I've encountered when trying to have these values for bases is that they are not explicit in the save, but are calculated - otherwise I'd have 'em in by now --- if anyone knows the formula for working out the extent to support at other bases - let me know pls.

The rest I'll leave for now ... we do try to keep you guys happy

(in reply to Marc)
  • Post #: 1226
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/17/2010 5:23:46 AM   
    USSAmerica

I have a minor change request.  I've downloaded but not yet installed 1.5, so if you guys have already addressed this, my apologies.  On the ship repairs panel, when you click on any of the ships, it's history is displayed below.  I love the information here, but my nit is that the oldest turns are displayed first, and you have to scroll down to the bottom to see the most recent and most useful ship history information.  Can you make this display sortable by turn into descending order, or set it to newest turn at the top by default?
    Thanks,
    Mike

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 1227
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/17/2010 12:02:13 PM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

I have a minor change request.  I've downloaded but not yet installed 1.5, so if you guys have already addressed this, my apologies.  On the ship repairs panel, when you click on any of the ships, it's history is displayed below.  I love the information here, but my nit is that the oldest turns are displayed first, and you have to scroll down to the bottom to see the most recent and most useful ship history information.  Can you make this display sortable by turn into descending order, or set it to newest turn at the top by default?
    Thanks,
    Mike

'
    Okay, I'll take a look at it. Since this is not the first time I've heard the request, I guess it's time for me to do something about it.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
    Post #: 1228
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/17/2010 2:37:35 PM   
    Archangel85

I have the following problem: I have version 1.5 installed, yet can not start it. The DOS prompt tells me that the java command is eitrher missspelled or can not be found. Normally I would expect that this means that java wasn't installed correctly, but other java applications run fine and even a reinstall of java did not fix the problem. Any ideas?

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 1229
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/17/2010 2:41:14 PM   
    n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Archangel85

I have the following problem: I have version 1.5 installed, yet can not start it. The DOS prompt tells me that the java command is eitrher missspelled or can not be found. Normally I would expect that this means that java wasn't installed correctly, but other java applications run fine and even a reinstall of java did not fix the problem. Any ideas?

Solution 2, 3 or 4 seem the most appropriate...

2. Java is not recognized as an internal or external command
    Java is either not installed, or there is a pathing problem.

Solution 1. Check you have Java JRE installed.
    Solution 2. Move Tracker folder to the Desktop or c:\
    Solution 3. Copy java.exe from your C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin to the WitpTracker folder (remember copy not move)
    Solution 4. Change your batch file to point to the 32 bit Java executable (you need the ""'s cause of the space) - this varies on different machines so you'll need to check the path:

C:\"Program Files"\Java\jre6\bin\java -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "WitPTracker.jar" 
    pause

Solution 5. (The best but most difficult)
    1. Right-Click My Computer and select Properties
    2. Then Click The Advanced Tab
    3. Then Click Environment Variables
    4. Select Path In The Bottom Box and Click Edit
    5. Find Where You installed Java (E.g "C:\Program Files\Java\bin)
    Its different on each computer so check where it's installed
    6. Make Sure to add a semicolon after the word bin in the path to separate it from the other important paths
    7. If this doesn't work then you may have to reinstall Java and Try Again
    Source(s):
    http://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml

Setting Path on Windows
    For Windows XP: (additional notes)

1. Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced
    2. Click on Environment Variables, under System Variables, find PATH, and click on it.
    3. In the Edit windows, modify PATH by adding the location of the class to the value for PATH. If you do not have the item PATH, you may select to add a new variable and add PATH as the name and the location of the class as the value.
    4. Close the window.
    5. Reopen Command prompt window, and run your java code.

(in reply to Archangel85)
    Post #: 1230
    Page:   <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available Page: <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI