Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Version Upgrades

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Version Upgrades Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Version Upgrades - 11/20/2000 6:43:00 PM   
SeaWolf

I just picked up a copy of the Computer Gaming World magazine that had the SPW@W ver 4.0 in it. I tried to get the updates so that I could go to ver 4.4 but I can't seem to find the 4.2 upgrade. I got the 4.1 but when I went to download the 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade all I was allowed to do was download the entire 4.4 version. Where can I get the 4.2 upgrade or is it even needed any longer?.. Can I just get the 4.4 upgrade and go with that? Great game. Great job. Thanks for the help.

Post #: 1
- 11/20/2000 8:43:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I would recommend you install all of them, Seawolf. Go to the download page. http://www.matrixgames.com/spwaw/downloads.asp First if you have 4.1 already installed, download 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade. Once you have that, then download the 4.2 to 4.4 upgrade. I just tried clicking on them and was able to access them with no problem. I did download them, and it seemed to work fine. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to SeaWolf)
Post #: 2
- 11/20/2000 9:17:00 PM   
SeaWolf

Thanks WB, but when I try to download the v4.2 upgrade I get a "Cannot open file" error saying the file may have been removed, deleted, or renamed. That's from the Matrix site. If I try to go to the GameDomain site, it only gives me the option to download the entire 4.4 game.

(in reply to SeaWolf)
Post #: 3
- 11/20/2000 9:36:00 PM   
Tankhead

Hi SeaWolf! Try this. ftp://216.200.126.155/pub/SteelPanthersWorldAtWar/Game/SPWaWv42Upgrade.exe You can find these link at my Web site. I've just tried them and they work. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com [This message has been edited by Tankhead (edited November 20, 2000).]

Tankhead

(in reply to SeaWolf)
Post #: 4
- 11/20/2000 10:13:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Something very weird there, Seawolf. I just downloaded it with no problem. I'm not saying it did not happen to you, just wondering why. What about 4.4? Could you download it? WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to SeaWolf)
Post #: 5
- 11/20/2000 10:28:00 PM   
Securitas

Bill, I also had no problem downloading the 4.2 patch, but my buddy could not get it. He had the same error as Seawolf. I finally zipped and e-mailed it to him so that we could get to the good stuff!

Securitas _________________________ 88 is a really nice number

(in reply to SeaWolf)
Post #: 6
- 11/20/2000 11:20:00 PM   
Tankhead

Just a shot in the dark but maybe some brownsers don't support FTP. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

(in reply to SeaWolf)
Post #: 7
- 11/20/2000 11:32:00 PM   
SeaWolf

WB: I don't know for sure what it might be, but I just tried shutting down GetRight, the latest version, might be 2.3 or 4.3, I don't remember, but after I turned off GetRight, I'm able to access the file. I'm using Tankhead's link which was also giving me the same problem before closing GetRight. So if anybody else is having the same problem, close GetRight.

(in reply to SeaWolf)
Post #: 8
- 11/21/2000 12:03:00 AM   
Tankhead

If you have problem with GetRight try this one. http://www.netvampire.com It works great for me since Getright wouldn't work on my puter. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

(in reply to SeaWolf)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Version Upgrades Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI