Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Besieger and besieged switch positions+ other Kutosov elude the London Tower etc

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Besieger and besieged switch positions+ other Kutosov elude the London Tower etc Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Besieger and besieged switch positions+ other Kutosov e... - 3/22/2010 1:06:13 PM   
bresh

Hi Marshall, emailed you our savegame hostfile(TGHQ7_Prussia) :
title:
[EIANW] Gamebug savegame need fix, besiger and besiged switching position, and a couple other odd bugs

We are stuck. 1806.
GB and Russia at war, GB controls Sweden, Russia took Stockholm in April, but in May a British release force won a battle vs Kutosov in the Stockholm province, and captured Kutosov. Somehow GB was not able to lay siege to the Russian cossak, after the field battle..

In June reinforcement, GB tried to move his force(GB-Corps+Swedish-Corps+Wellington), to siegemode.
That resulted in the British force now occupies Stockholm(Even though they dont really fit), and the lone cossak now besieges Stockholm.
Further :
The Destroyed Russian depot at Stockholm has also reeappeared.
Kutosov eluded the London tower, was in prison (confirmed by GB player and not released), reappeares in Sweden at a Russian corps)...

I send you savegame and what to fix, we are on hold since Friday, so hope you can fix this asap.
We are now at Russia Land phase. IF you have any questions, just email me.

Thanks !

Regards
Bresh

< Message edited by bresh -- 3/22/2010 1:07:46 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Besieger and besieged switch positions+ other Kutos... - 3/23/2010 3:28:05 AM   
Dancing Bear

I can confirm that this is bug as we just experienced the same thing in our game, the besiegers and the besieged switched.

Reading Bresh's description and comparing it to our own, I believe both games were relatively unusual is that there had been a break out attempt by the garrison in the preivous turn. It appears likely that when the besieged forces attack the beseigers, the besieged forces (the attackers) end up on the outside of the City and the besiegeing forces (the defender in this case) on the inside of the city. It is likely that the retreat paths are decided by who is the attacker and defender rather than who started inside or outside the city.

I would consider this an important bug.

I have not had a chance to put a Mantis save together, but the save used for the wounded leader bug (Mantis #638) was taken immediately after the seige battle, and may include all the required details to fix this thing.

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 2
RE: Besieger and besieged switch positions+ other Kutos... - 3/23/2010 4:13:52 PM   
Trax

This seems similar to Mantis 589 which is shown as fixed in 1.08

(in reply to Dancing Bear)
Post #: 3
RE: Besieger and besieged switch positions+ other Kutos... - 3/23/2010 5:07:36 PM   
Marshall Ellis

This issue (Cossack in Stockholm) only pops up when there is a lone Cossack defending a city. When the game determines there is a lone Cossack it transfers to normal trivial combat thinking it is a field battle and not based in a city. This would be normal in the field since a lone Cossack in the field would trigger a trivial field battle.

This is now fixed in 1.08.01

Took me a while to find this thing :-0 and I've been looking at it since about 4am local time! :-/
Good save BTW! Thanks!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to Trax)
Post #: 4
RE: Besieger and besieged switch positions+ other Kutos... - 3/24/2010 12:05:51 AM   
Dancing Bear

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trax

This seems similar to Mantis 589 which is shown as fixed in 1.08

Well that would be good for everyone if it already fixed in 1.08. My example is similar to the Mantis report in that both the besiegers and besieged have the white box with red outline, when the besieger should have a black box with red out line.

It would be good to get 1.08 out. Hopefully the Marshall can fix the 1.08 bug with the game getting caught in the GB reinforcement phase, and it won't be that much longer before we get our hands on it.

(in reply to Trax)
Post #: 5
RE: Besieger and besieged switch positions+ other Kutos... - 3/24/2010 2:08:42 AM   
Trax

The black box for the besieger (similar to the black box given to blockading fleets) has not been implemented yet. It would be a great improvement.

(in reply to Dancing Bear)
Post #: 6
RE: Besieger and besieged switch positions+ other Kutos... - 3/24/2010 1:01:27 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Agreed.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to Trax)
Post #: 7
RE: Besieger and besieged switch positions+ other Kutos... - 3/30/2010 8:16:43 AM   
bresh

Hi Marshall E.

Thanks for fixing this.
We got a minor problem when Russia ended his phase, a corps inside town jumped out.
I send you the savegame with instructions, hope you can fix this before easter.

Thanks !

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Besieger and besieged switch positions+ other Kutosov elude the London Tower etc Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI