Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Returned Units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Returned Units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Returned Units - 3/22/2010 2:40:23 AM   
06 Maestro

I just had a war end in a PBEM game. I had over 1 dozen divisions returned to my control which had been captured during the war.

Prior to the return of these units I was standing at 2 units below the mobilization limit. After the return of the units, I was standing at 2 units below the mobilization limit.

Is this WAD?

Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

Post #: 1
RE: Returned Units - 3/22/2010 10:07:54 AM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

?? should one of the "Belows" be an 'Above' ??

If not then presumably captured units are still counted towards the mobalisation score.

The one thing with returned units I would like to see is the chance to re-equip Cav with horses, they are (were) afterall trained horsemen familiar with Cav tactics etc. so just making them Infantry coz there Horses have been nicked sort of seems out to me.

All the Best
Peter

< Message edited by Kingmaker -- 3/22/2010 10:08:22 AM >

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 2
RE: Returned Units - 3/22/2010 7:30:34 PM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kingmaker

HiHi

If not then presumably captured units are still counted towards the mobalisation score.

All the Best
Peter

Not by my count-thus the confusion. From what I understand the following rules apply;
1. Militia count as one each when their number exceed the nations province total,
2. Inf and Cav count as one each.
3. Fleet units count as .1 per ship, or 1 for each naval counter.
4. Artillery count as 1 each.
5. HQ containers count as one each. (not certain about this)

If I do not count artillery and HQ containers, then the game calculation is within one number of being correct. If I do count those items then it's over the mob limit by fifteen-while the game shows under by two.

If the captured units continue to count as part of the mob limit, then I am further perplexed. Several times during the game my total unit count dropped after a major battle due to surrenders or elimination. I promptly built another unit to bring my forces back up to the mobilization limit. It may be that I was only replacing units that were destroyed and not captured.

In any event, either my method of counting units is incorrect, or something is not quite right with the game. Perhaps it is WAD for returned captured units not to count towards the mob limit.
Please feel free to enlighten me.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 3
RE: Returned Units - 3/22/2010 10:19:26 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Sheeee , fraid that lots way outside my knowledge, more Mus territory.

All in all I tend to take a Pias attitude to the game now, ie Poke It And See, there seems to be so much thats either contradictory or throws "Weirds" at you with a lot of the game so I feel the only way to cope is see what you get and work with that, it's galling I know as you just ain't got solid foundations to work on but ... ?

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 4
RE: Returned Units - 3/22/2010 11:02:30 PM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kingmaker

HiHi

All in all I tend to take a Pias attitude to the game now, ie Poke It And See,

All the Best
Peter

Ha! I have not seen that before-that looks like a useful acronym.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 5
RE: Returned Units - 3/23/2010 7:32:37 PM   
steel god

From a "logical" point of view, the POWs would have to count against mobilization limits. I mean, the limit should be a reflection of how much of your society can be mobilized to fight it's wars. Those POWs were mobilized against that limit before they were captured, and it would stand to reason they would still count against it.

Do they? No idea, just thinking out loud.

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 6
RE: Returned Units - 3/23/2010 9:13:58 PM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: steel god

Those POWs were mobilized against that limit before they were captured, and it would stand to reason they would still count against it.

Do they?

I really can't tell-it is a bit confusing.

To blur things a bit more; I just gained a new province-and my mob limit went up by one. This is not what I was expecting. As I did have a few more militias than provinces, I had 3 or 4 which counted towards the mob limit. Now that there is one additional province, one less militia would count towards the limit. What I expected to see in the Economics window was 52/55. Prior to the new province it was 53/55-it is now 53/56. The units counted should have dropped by 1. Instead, my Mob limit increased by 1.

Perhaps new provinces are suppose to increase the Mob limit-dunno. I have not found anything in the rules to clear this up.

BTW, I don't think the captured units should count as part of Mob limit.

< Message edited by 06 Maestro -- 3/23/2010 11:37:37 PM >

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to steel god)
Post #: 7
RE: Returned Units - 3/23/2010 11:16:55 PM   
Mus

POWs DO NOT count towards mob limit from what I have been able to tell. If they don't get added back into your mob limit calculations on being freed that is probably not WAD, whereas them not counting towards your mob limit when prisoners (and don't need to be supported by your country's resources) probably IS.

BTW I don't believe containers count towards your mob limit either.

< Message edited by Mus -- 3/23/2010 11:17:18 PM >

Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 8
RE: Returned Units - 3/23/2010 11:35:24 PM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mus

POWs DO NOT count towards mob limit from what I have been able to tell. If they don't get added back into your mob limit calculations on being freed that is probably not WAD, whereas them not counting towards your mob limit when prisoners (and don't need to be supported by your country's resources) probably IS.

OK-thanks; that is basically my take on the situation.

quote:

BTW I don't believe containers count towards your mob limit either.

This may very well be the case as HQ's are not listed in the unit count relating to Mob limits. I added those to try to make some sense of the numbers-and it fit well-for a time anyway.

I will do another "hard count" without adding the containers to see if it now adds up correctly. I may post this as a possible bug later. At least its a favorable bug (for me) at this time.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 9
RE: Returned Units - 3/24/2010 3:16:03 PM   
evwalt

Mob limits ARE increased by conquered provinces (I believe +1 to limit for every $20 produced by conquered provinces).

Also, I am 99% sure that fractional Mob limits ALWAYS round down (ie. for ships). ie. you could reach your mob limit exactly and still build nine additional 1/2 rates or 3rd rates because your mob limit would not be exceeded (ie. nine 1/2 rates is +0.9 to mob limit so limit would not be exceeded)

Russia in "Going Again II"
France in "Quest for Glory"
Prussia in "Invitational"

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 10
RE: Returned Units - 3/24/2010 3:53:34 PM   
06 Maestro

Thanks for the info.

That's interesting about the naval units. That may account for the accounting error as my forces are at 90%.

I noticed that several of the returned divisions have the same name/number as an exiting division (replacement build). I'll know in a couple turns if renaming those have any effect.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to evwalt)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Returned Units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI