Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: HPS new games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: HPS new games Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: HPS new games - 3/25/2010 5:33:45 PM   
Airborne82nd

Ohh, I have seen something like this when my a/c were out of ammo. I suspect, though, that some of your 8 F4F's had some ammo remaining.

"Land Soft, Kill Quiet"

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 181
RE: HPS new games - 3/25/2010 6:33:50 PM   
JudgeDredd

tbh, I don't recall checking. It is possible they ran out of ammo - but I wonder what they were doing then? Trying to scare the Jap pilot by following him around making "Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" noises??

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to Airborne82nd)
Post #: 182
RE: HPS new games - 3/25/2010 6:41:30 PM   
Airborne82nd

Nah, more like, "Ratatatatatatat". LOL.

"Land Soft, Kill Quiet"

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 183
RE: HPS new games - 3/25/2010 7:17:14 PM   
SireChaos

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

tbh, I don't recall checking. It is possible they ran out of ammo - but I wonder what they were doing then? Trying to scare the Jap pilot by following him around making "Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" noises??

That, minus the noises, would not be all that dumb an idea, I figure. The Japanese pilot cannot know these guys are out of ammo, so he´ll have to do something to get them off his tail.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 184
RE: HPS new games - 3/26/2010 2:40:11 AM   
rahamy

Ummm, guys, any chance I can talk you into joining us over at the Wargamer forum and giving Matrix there's space back? I feel a bit odd talking about an HPS game repeatedly on another companies forum...just trying to respect their space!

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/tt.aspx?forumid=238

(in reply to SireChaos)
Post #: 185
RE: HPS new games - 3/26/2010 2:49:56 AM   
junk2drive

This is a nice place to hang out. As long as your two titles don't compete with a Matrix product it should be OK. If it did compete, as long as it is a civil discussion of the two it should be ok. They don't tolerate bashing other companies either.

Hopefully HPS sold more copies from this tread than all the others combined. Gives Matrix clout IMO.

(in reply to rahamy)
Post #: 186
RE: HPS new games - 3/26/2010 12:55:53 PM   
jomni

Well you can't do this on Battlefront. 

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 187
RE: HPS new games - 3/26/2010 3:14:02 PM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

Well you can't do this on Battlefront. 

I'd suggest that you really can't do "this" at the wargamer forum either, at least not without dodging the reseller, the reviewer, and the advocate (for the other two).

Government is the opiate of the masses.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 188
RE: HPS new games - 3/27/2010 1:06:37 AM   
goodwoodrw

Just a couple of more questions, 1. not game related, I registered on the wargamer forum, but as yet I haven't received an email confirm my membership. Secondly a question formations I have accidentally detached a carrier from my task force, is there way I can re attach this to the main force again?
Ron

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to ezzler)
Post #: 189
RE: HPS new games - 3/27/2010 1:34:17 AM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

ORIGINAL: BASB

Just a couple of more questions, 1. not game related, I registered on the wargamer forum, but as yet I haven't received an email confirm my membership. Secondly a question formations I have accidentally detached a carrier from my task force, is there way I can re attach this to the main force again?
Ron

I believe that you left-click on the ship to be attached, hold the mouse-button down, and drag the cursor to the ship that you want to attach it to.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 190
RE: HPS new games - 3/27/2010 2:23:07 AM   
goodwoodrw

Yep that's what I read in the manual doesn't appear to work, I've got something wrong!

Dopey me I read the instructions back to front

< Message edited by BASB -- 3/27/2010 2:42:35 AM >

Formerly Goodwood

Post #: 191
RE: HPS new games - 3/27/2010 2:44:42 AM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

Yep that's what I read in the manual doesn't appear to work, I've got something wrong!

I believe that I've actually seen this work two different ways. If what I suggested above doesn't work, try toggling the "D" button up on the game's toolbar. BTW, I think that it's a real mistake to have the individual turn and group turn buttons directly adjacent to each other. It makes it too easy to make a mistake. I've done so simply because my hand slipped and the cursor moved over a couple of millimeters to the wrong icon. The other Naval Campaign games from HPS use the same toolbar configuration.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 192
RE: HPS new games - 3/27/2010 2:20:42 PM   
Airborne82nd

quote:

Just a couple of more questions, 1. not game related, I registered on the wargamer forum, but as yet I haven't received an email confirm my membership. Ron

Give them a couple of days to approve your registration at the Wargamer.

"Land Soft, Kill Quiet"

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 193
RE: HPS new games - 3/27/2010 4:47:04 PM   
Custer1961

quote:

Ummm, guys, any chance I can talk you into joining us over at the Wargamer forum and giving Matrix there's space back? I feel a bit odd talking about an HPS game repeatedly on another companies forum...just trying to respect their space!

I will be happy to go over if you will tell us when the submarine version of Naval Campaigns will be released.

(in reply to rahamy)
Post #: 194
RE: HPS new games - 3/29/2010 12:42:01 AM   
RedArgo

If you haven't received your registration reply from Wargamer, check your spam folder, that is where mine ended up for some reason.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 195
RE: HPS new games - 4/7/2010 11:23:07 PM   
hank

i know this is basically a Midway forum but I have to say the upgrade for Guadalcanal is awesome.

Plus, they've put in a teaser for carrier warfare:  Samar.  Its a real tough scenario but it gives someone who has Guadalcanal a glimpse at what Midway has to offer. 

I got slaughtered by the AI.  Every dang ship got sunk ... pocket carriers and destroyers all were sent to Davy Jones Locker.

just a heads up ... upgrade if you have HPS's Guadacanal ... its worth it.

(in reply to RedArgo)
Post #: 196
RE: HPS new games - 4/8/2010 1:11:23 AM   
Halsey

Matrix has re-released many of John Tiller's original games.

Why wouldn't they want to help out this veteran PC gamemeister.

(in reply to Custer1961)
Post #: 197
RE: HPS new games - 4/11/2010 4:25:26 AM   
Texican

quote:

ORIGINAL: garymc

That's correct, no campaign mode, just the individual scenarios.

That's too bad, because ALL they really need to do is string the scenarios, but have the carriers you get dependent up what's "still afloat" or "not in repairs". For example, the Lexington could survive Coral Sea and end up at Midway or a later scenario. Maybe even get upgraded AA guns or newer aircraft.

This sort of stuff is always cool.

Even cooler, is if there is an element of grand strategy involved in which you know the Japs are attacking Midway and know they are hitting the Aleutians, and have to divide up and assign your carriers to each engagement, then play out the battles.

Stuff like that can bring so much more to a game than just a bundle of scenarios.

(in reply to Ashtur)
Post #: 198
RE: HPS new games - 4/11/2010 8:42:15 PM   
SireChaos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Texican

quote:

ORIGINAL: garymc

That's correct, no campaign mode, just the individual scenarios.

That's too bad, because ALL they really need to do is string the scenarios, but have the carriers you get dependent up what's "still afloat" or "not in repairs". For example, the Lexington could survive Coral Sea and end up at Midway or a later scenario. Maybe even get upgraded AA guns or newer aircraft.

This sort of stuff is always cool.

Even cooler, is if there is an element of grand strategy involved in which you know the Japs are attacking Midway and know they are hitting the Aleutians, and have to divide up and assign your carriers to each engagement, then play out the battles.

Stuff like that can bring so much more to a game than just a bundle of scenarios.

Now that´s an interesting idea you mention... not just for this game but generally for campaign modes in such games: occasionally, or regularly, being forced to divide your available forces between two concurrent operations in widely separated regions - or deciding to essentially cede one operation to concentrate on the other, as the US did with the Aleutians in ´42.

(in reply to Texican)
Post #: 199
RE: HPS new games - 11/25/2011 2:01:10 PM   
n01487477

I know this is a thread from the past (and not even a matrix game)... so my apologies to Matrix ...

Anyone know where I can find someone for some online action ? Tried looking at the Wargamer forum, but doesn't seem to be a place to ask.

(in reply to SireChaos)
Post #: 200
RE: HPS new games - 11/25/2011 2:10:33 PM   
junk2drive

the blitz wargame club

Forums

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 201
RE: HPS new games - 11/25/2011 9:30:44 PM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

Anyone know where I can find someone for some online action ? Tried looking at the Wargamer forum, but doesn't seem to be a place to ask.

There's also this:

http://navalcampaigns.org/newbds/index.php?action=profile

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 202
RE: HPS new games - 11/26/2011 1:37:14 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

the blitz wargame club

Forums

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

There's also this:

http://navalcampaigns.org/newbds/index.php?action=profile

Thanks to both of you - will check them both out.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 203
RE: HPS new games - 11/28/2011 2:04:24 PM   
junk2drive

gamesquad forums have sub sections for some of them. They no longer have ladders but you could probe for opponents.

http://forums.gamesquad.com/forum.php

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 204
RE: HPS new games - 11/28/2011 2:10:04 PM   
n01487477

Problem is that the game keeps crashing when a torpedo hits a CV. I got some new sound files from the dev's, fixes some scenario's but not all.

I'm really enjoying the game, as I enjoy CV action, but until I can be sure that it won't crash mid-game - I'll play solo.

Thanks for all the links and when the dev's get back to me again and all is fixed I'll give net a go.

Thanks

[edit]I still think GG was wrong not to continue developing CF.

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 11/28/2011 2:11:05 PM >

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 205
RE: HPS new games - 11/29/2011 4:38:37 AM   
junk2drive

New release based on POA engine, East Front WWII, hexes and WEGO

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/posts.asp?t=581795

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 206
RE: HPS new games - 11/29/2011 4:54:08 AM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

Problem is that the game keeps crashing when a torpedo hits a CV. I got some new sound files from the dev's, fixes some scenario's but not all.

At the risk of sounding a bit schizophrenic, let me echo your concerns about the issue that you mention. I contacted the developer, many, many months ago regarding the failure and got the same response, "replace the file with this one and that ought to help." It helps, but its not what I'd regard a definitive fix. Bah!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 207
RE: HPS new games - 11/29/2011 4:13:19 PM   
Perturabo

A WWII game on PoA engine set during the most interesting time on the Eastern Front? Does it still have the friendly fog of war and flow of information thing that I've read that PoA2 had?

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

Post #: 208
RE: HPS new games - 11/29/2011 8:26:22 PM   
Alan Sharif

I have just pre ordered Tigers Unleashed from HPS. It looks and sounds fantastic. Not out till December. Heres hoping I am not disappointed. Somehow I do not think I will be.

A Sharif

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 209
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: HPS new games Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI